1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Track] Bolt vs Gay

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, Aug 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He was the junior world champion at FIFTEEN years old in 2002.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Ohh, it's terrible. If you're gonna run track, make sure you have a bathroom available.

Looks like you got your wish! :)

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not saying they're all on something or anything, but damn, these times they're all running would've been ridiculous even for a doped up athlete 5-7 years ago. lol.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No kidding! It was inevitable after watching him dancing as he crossed the finish line with a WR in Beijing. I mean I saw that and felt so cheated even though I had just watched history.

It's gotten to the point where I think they should have humans run the 100 and Usain Bolt and various animals run the 100. There's nothing 2-legged yet that's competition for him.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

He's really enjoying himself out there...just a kid having fun, good to see.

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

7. Bruce

Bruce Member

There is no way he is doing this legally.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He was running nearly 30 mph when he hit his top speed (I believe) about 27 mph average over the entire 100 meters.

9.58 is just sick, sick, sick.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJeyhyvMayI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WJeyhyvMayI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Here is a Swedish youtube clip -- probably won't be up long... good quality.

10. Chamillionaire

Bolt is a freak of nature, he's the best at what he does.

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

after reading Book of Shadows, I kinda just lost faith in track, the worst out of all the sports when it comes to doping. There is no doubt in my mind that Bolt is on drugs, as well as the others in the field.

Its not an athletic competition, its more like a science fair. who can give the greatest edge without getting caught?

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Amazing.

How much lower can these times get? Similar to short distance
    swimming records getting busted over and over - I can't help but wonder
    just how much lower these things can go....eventually they just
    have to stop breaking....

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think for people now we will keep finding new training techniques, nutrition & supplementation, recruiting the proper athletes and body types into the sport. Go as far as we can with what we have. Could go on about 50-100 more years scouring every bit of new discovery. Then we'll plateau and will have to wait for evolution to create faster humans, or have genetic engineering do that.

Also the more top of the line athletes going up against each other and constantly improving, the more competitive it becomes and the whole field gets better. Like Tyson Gay, he broke a new U.S. record trying to catch the best. But yeah at some point you figure it'll plateau. No one's naturally breaking records in US baseball lately.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm with you.

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

USAin bolt. :D

16. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

LOL! @ the cameramen trying to catch up with Bolt...when he was slowing down! :D

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's funny how his jogging speed is as fast as a lot of people top running speed. :eek:

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The times these guys are turning in are redick....they're taking the times of cheaters past like Ben Johnson and just smashing them into the ground...these guys all have to be cheating, it's amazing cheating though.

19. TheBigAristotle

Once you go black, you never go back they say.

20. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I agree with this. It's sad too. In 5 years whatever a lot of these guys are using will come out, and it will be another huge blow to the sporting world.