1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JJ, Mar 25, 2012.

1. JJ

JJ Member

I've only been to the TC Center once, a couple years ago. I live in San Antonio, so I am very familiar with the AT&T Center. My question is: Does the TC have an open area when fans can watch the game? Like a standing area or overlooking a ledge with bar stools? The ATT Center has the HEB Fan Zone, which is where you can just chill and watch the game... it's and open area and has a bar and fan friendly activities.

I'm planning on going to game on March 13 (Suns), but the group that I am going with has already gotten their tix. So I figured I'd just get the most economical ticket, walk around a bit, drink beer and post up in an area where I can watch the game. Any recommendations?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think Dave2000 and Kam go often to the Rockets games. Hit them up.

3. Yao11

Yao11 Member

You'd have to purchase a ticket to enter the arena. If you just wanted to stand around and watch the game, I recommend that you buy a ticket in the club area at TC, there's a bar in there and you can sit on a stool or stand and watch as the game goes on.

4. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I would recommend this if you're going to the game on March 13.

[​IMG]

5. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

If what you are asking about is the type of large concourse openings that allow decent views for standing patrons not in their assigned seats like in the AT&T Center, the short answer is no. The TC has 'club' sections the length of either baseline with barstools and places to watch, but one would have to have a club seat to get to this. There really isn't anywhere to watch other than your seat.

I hope I understand what you are asking.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Depends, are you a Spurs fan or a Rockets fan.

7. JJ

JJ Member

Hammer... very cute. April 13 is the date of the game.

Kam... of course I am a Rockets fan!

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Okay, if you were a Spurs fan, i would give you terrible information.

they don't really have an "Open Area" The closest thing they have would be in the corners in the lower level. Not a great view, but you can see the court and see what is going on. The upper level on the east side, it has an open concourse, so you can see over the seats, but the view is really high.

And shipwreck basically has the rest of the club section thing going on.

9. VanityHalfBlack

How do you fit 4 Rockets fan in a crowded bar????

You turn the stool upside down...

10. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

There isn't an area like the one in the ATT Center. You can stand by the Skycourt I guess, but it doesn't have the tables and stools set up. You can sit around in the club section, but if you're gonna pay for a club seat, you might as well sit in the seat and enjoy the view.

11. Prince

Prince Member

you're paying for the seat not stool nor floor to stand on. ;)