1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center-Game 4 crowd energy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, May 26, 2015.

1. Man

Man Member

he's about to hit her a few times though, haha

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Dude, I was there like I was at almost every other playoff home game. I know the difference and I know what I saw and heard. I also know what Jason Terry, Clint Capela, and a number of other Warriors players said.(The Rox players acknowledges they gave the fans nothing to cheer about but also said they felt a difference in fan noise and energy from the start of this game in comparison to gm 3). Every single player and media member I talked to said the same thing about the difference in fan energy and hypeness(from tip off onwards) in comparison to Gm 3.

That's good that you paid top dollar and gave the Rockets all the energy they needed, but I saw, heard, and felt what I did.
    I never said fans weren't cheering, I said for the most part it was tepid and like the players effort. Especially in the 1st and 2nd quarter. I know because I was stunned at the difference in crowd noise even when the Rox were only down 6 or so points. I blame the players, the crowd and even the TC DJ.(And just like I started this thread, I told the TC DJ he stunk on Saturday as well. Playing "whoomp there it is" after the Warriors make a 3 while going on a run and Coach McHale has to call a TO. Why the heck are you playing "whoomp there it is"? )

Listen man, I don't know where you sat. Maybe you sat in a section where the fans were loud and bringing the noise and energy but the majority of them (in that 1st half before the Warriors went on a run) were as bad as the players.
    Also, player intro's are meaningless in terms of what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the 1st quarter, the 2nd quarter, parts of the game were the Rox were keeping the deficit relatively close.
    Man, everything about gm 3 stunk from the beginning, the players, Coach McHale, the TC DJ, and the fans. It is what it is. All of those were significantly better in gm 4- from the beginning.

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

What? I missed this. x_x

Dude in that .gif is a good one. No way I wouldn't have reacted if she'd put her hand on my mouth like that. Not even intentionally, just out of instinct. TF?

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

I don't even get what the ushers problem with him was. The guy was doing the towel thing but didnt seem like he was saying or doing anything wrong.
    Some of the ushers are cool but like you said, yeah you get some real crap ones.

I figure most arena's have that problem though, probably not just TC.

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

I don't know how I missed this post too.
    God bless you for the great work you did re. Draymond Green. Every fan going after that douche is an awesome person imo.:grin:

6. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

The crowd energy didn't seem that great yesterday either though, I think most people are still down about being 0-3.

7. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I thought she was part of the camera crew?

8. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I was at game 4 and there were just a few times the crowd would stop having energy, but not for long. Like 2 possessions in a row.

I think we may need more chants other than "lets go rockets" or "defense" lol

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Member

Easy to have energy when you start 12-0

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I agree with op. I was at game 3 and it was embarrassing...I sit u not I was the only person heeding 5 mins into the game. I kept looking at the fans n they looked scared that we didn't have a chance fact. I also went to game 7 n everyone was chanting every offense n defense possession.fans where bad. I paid 160 for a nosebleed n stay n cheered the whole game

11. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Member

I've been to game 1 and 2 of Dallas, game 7 of LAC, and Game 4 of WCF. Yesterday was by far the worst crowd. Even I was admittedly a lot more quiet but I was tired from a weekend out on the lake in Austin and not getting good sleep and driving so much. I was a little bummd too and I could only afford an upper level ticket for this game and it is a lot harder to cheer from up there. The real fans are moving to the upper level since we cant afford the lower level for these games that we go more and more deeper in. If we bring it back for game 6 I am sure we will electric again.

12. dc rock

dc rock Member

That dude needs to watch where he's waving his shirt. That lady needs to go back to pre-k and learn you don't put your hand on someone else's mouth. Disgusting.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Wow, if you thought yesterday was the worst crowd then you would have been furious early on in Game 3.

14. awc713

awc713 Member

that lady epitomizes like 80% of the lower bowl

15. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Member

I thought Game3 started off just as loud, but it becomes difficult to cheer for your team when they're down by so much. It was loud again for a few minutes after the half, because people thought we still had a chance, but that didn't last long. Game 4 seemed fairly loud until Curry got hurt. Then it was like no one knew what to do & lost all energy (including the players.)

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Member

Not sure what games you've been attending, but I haven't seen this be the case at ALL during the playoffs.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

I've been to countless Rockets games, including three playoff games this season. I've set everywhere from the top, to the suites, to the lower bowl, to court side. Each place multiple times.

But I've only been to one Texans game, and I left NRG without my voice for nearly a week. Does anyone know why the energy in Toyota comes far short of the experience ever and NRG?

And just to be clear, I've seen the Toyota Center get pretty damn crazy. But still not to the level of NRG. I know the football stadium holds three times the people, but seating capacity to building size should still be somewhat relative, no?

18. SemisolidSnake

Daryl Morey himself has called this an entertainment industry. And the prices for the entertainment are high. The fans have every right to react how any paying customers would react to not being entertained.

Now, I'm not dismissing the nature of positive feedback between the crowd and the team, but that's always started by the team making a run of good of plays, and then the fans get into it. If the Rockets NEED the fans cheering wildly for them to go out and play to their full potential, they shouldn't even show up. Also, the Rockets are a great road team where they're in the midst of HOSTILE fans, so the fan factor at Toyota Center should be a complete non-issue. It's up to the Rockets to get the fans into it by playing well.

19. Kam

Kam Member

8/10 games vs 41/44 games.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I definitely would not go so far as to say it's a "non issue". Home town energy *definitely* plays a role in games. There's more than one reason the home team tends to win more often than the road team, and that teams like the Blazers, Kings, Whoreiors, and Jazzholes have historically been so unbeatable at home.