1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Toyota Center Experience?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Young Turk, Nov 20, 2003.

1. MFFL

MFFL Member

I didn't know there was a 4th deck, thought there was only 3. There are some seats in there that tell you when you are buying them that the view is obstructed. I have been on the 3rd deck and could see the game fine. Sorry you had bad seats. The tickets are expensive there but the experience made up for it. Funny how the AAC is always sold out and is very expensive and the TC is much cheaper and can't sell out every game. Wonder Why?

2. DCballer

DCballer Member

My guess would be because the Mav's for the most part always used to suck and now they are good. Even though they can't play deffence. :D So they have that new kid on the block feel. The Rockets have for the most part always been good, and now for the past few years we've sucked.

3. DCballer

DCballer Member

Sorry for the spelling, still can't edit.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I've been there and it is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy up there.

The seating in the TC is better.

Cuban does sink a lot of money into none basketball related entertainment outside the arena though. It makes it very nice for someone wanting to beat the traffic and arrive early.

Dallas has always supported a winner. As long as the Mavs are winning they will support them. Watch how quick that disappears after a couple of non-playoff seasons though. The fans in Dallas tend to be bandwagoners.

5. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Well when I went to Houston in June, I attended an Astros game. Walking down Prairie, we spotted a nicely renovated building, the Sam Houston Hotel. The lobby looked phenomenal and we decided that we were quite famished, so we sat down at around 11 in the Riviera Grill. It was quite possibly the best meal I ever had in Houston, even throughout the 13 years residing there. The staff couldn't have been nicer, especially since I was wearing a 'Cheerios' shirt in a very dressy place, but only 3 others were there at the time.

If anyone is willing to spend money on a great meal, check it out: http://www.samhoustonhotel.com/riviera.html

[TOPIC=OFF]
    Whenever we visited Houston, the Hilton (med center) was the choice. But with that ass ugly parking garage that's obstructing everything and the Hilton Americas downtown, I doubt it will survive. I can't imagine how nice the HA will be. It's hard to believe this was the same downtown that didn't exist 5 years ago.[/TOPIC]

6. Tim

Tim Member

For regular reservations at the Red & White (i.e., you have a ticket and want to have a very nice meal before the game), call 713-758-7534. Anybody can make a reservation. We do hold a certain number of tables for suite holders up until a few days before the game, but most of them are available to anybody. And the suite holder tables are released for anybody to reserve if the suite holders don't grab them.

For ledge dining (you want to watch the game from the two rows of ledge seats in the restaurant), $85 gets you your ticket to the game and the "Chef's Table" buffet. The buffet includes five different chef stations, each with a different type of cuisine. (We have 15 different cuising types total and we just rotate them around each night.) You also get all your non-alcoholic beverages free, and you can graze the fruit and cheese table until you explode. 713-627-DUNK is the number for ledge dining seats.

If you're just making a reservation and want to get the buffet as your meal (really the best option, imo), it's $32.95. You must have already bought a ticket if you're making a regular (non-ledge dining) reservation, though.

If you really want the big extravagant experience, for $90 instead of $32.95 you can also get the Chef's Table buffet as well as 5 separate wines picked by the head chef to complement your meal (5 cuisines, 5 wines) and whatever you want to get from a pretty impressive dessert cart they roll out.

All in all, a great special occasion date option, or a great place to take family, parents, etc. (It's where I'm taking my mom when I finally talk her into coming down for a game.)

Sorry for the long post -- it's just a pretty cool feature to have in the arena, and the more people find out about it, the more raves it gets. Thought this fell in the category of "useful information."

Tim

7. ths balla

ths balla Member

so for the best experience with a nive view, great food, wine and dessert it will cost about $180 right. well it doesn't sound too bad. when im old enough to drive and get a car i'll take someone special, it sounds fun;)

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Tim,

I think the any of the dinning options are a great value. I took my girlfriend to steak house just prior to the game and dropped 50 bucks. The next time I am in town I am planning on trying out the Ledge. 85 bucks for dinner and a ticket, plus I get to drinks and a table during the game is .

9. oj411

oj411 Member

Hey Tim I was wondering about the two round tables on each corner of the red and white I heard from an Rocket employee that you can reserve those but then I heard from the restaurant manager that those are reserved for Les and the Toyota people but I thought the round table in the middle of the restaurant were reserved for them.

10. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

I have another question/suggestion:

I was trying to buy tickets online, and I clicked on the 'arena map' button. The map that popped up was laughably small. In fact, it was totally illegible, and I have good vision. I can't imagine how much worse it would be for someone who needed reading glasses. Consequently, I decided to wait on buying tickets- who wants to get tickets if you don't know where they are?

My question (for anyone who can answer it) is: Is there somewhere else I could find a larger image of the seating map?

My suggestion (for Tim or whomever else can do something about it) is: Make a larger image of the seating map, so people can actually read the section numbers! If it's there, it's hidden away, so make it more accessible!

If anyone knows of a better image, please let me know. I'd like to buy tickets, but I don't want to call long distance to do it, so online is the best option. Actually, even if there were a 1-800 number (is there?) I'd still prefer to do it online, so the map (with legible section numbers) is vital.

Thanks.

also - is there a way to see where the Red & White restaurant is in the arena? Maybe it's on the tiny map, but I couldn't read it. I'd consider getting tickets there, but again, no idea what the seats would be like. Also, I assume that the entrance is in the arena, right? - Just wondering if getting a reservation will also allow me to take advantage of any giveaways at the game I go to.

Thanks again.

11. Jebus

Update: I tried to get tickets again, and this time, a different map came up, which was slightly more legible. The sections were not colored, and the numbers were enlarged. The last time, a small version of the color-coded map came up, and the text was impossible to read - I even downloaded it and tried to zoom in on the sections I was interested in.

So the problem may not be as bad as I first thought, but the suggestion still stands: Make the image larger, or make a larger one easily available for download.

Also, the questions about the restaurant are still in play.

12. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are the ledge seats assigned or are they first come first serve?

Houston Native

13. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

Try this

14. Jebus

Thanks, that's a very helpful interactive seat chart. and it has the location of the restaurant marked, too.

15. Tim

Tim Member

We actually had a larger map, but a lot of fans with older computers couldn't handle it. We didn't think the big map would be an issue -- but it was. I'll see if we can bring back at least an option for the bigger map, though ... makes sense.

The Chronicle map that is on the link isn't bad at all, though.

The restaurant is located at the top of the lower bowl -- right above where it shows sections 102 - 125 on the map.

Ledge dining seats are assigned -- we've made half of them available for season ticket purchase because of the interest in them. About 1/2 of those (1/4 of the total) have sold. Regardlesss, we'll keep half of the ledge seats available for individual game purchase.

If you're eating in the restaurant or have ledge dining seats, you'd enter the arena the same way you normally would. Your opportunity to get a giveaway on premium nights wouldn't change.

As for 1-800 numbers -- this is the first time somebody has actually wanted to buy from out of town. We'll eventually have them available on-line, but for now the only way to get them is through the phone call. We're going to handle it manually until we make sure we have the bugs worked out. Because of the limited number of seats available, we want to make sure nobody runs into any confusion on reservations or ledge seats.

Tim

16. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks Tim. I'm going to check out the ledge dining in the near future.

Houston Native