1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center Experience/Mystique

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston288South, May 21, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Find some good 80s music that people in their 40s with money like and get them singing it like Celtic in that video above.

If you go too hip hop, the executives are not going to buy the tickets, and you will lose revenue.

Find music that is timeless and let it rip...maybe as far back as the 60.....something like Eye of the Tiger might work.

DD

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Win games and get to the playoffs. I'll bet that'll make it more exciting

3. acjeitherocket

the music sucks... mediocre at best (go figure)

they need to let me be in charge of that. hell i'd even do it for free.99

1 person likes this.
  4. dragonz

dragonz Member

There are more than a couple of times in Toyota Center that I felt people are more interested in staying the bar and drink/talk than go to their seats to cheer for their team.

It happened most in the first half, alot of those so called "fans" are disengaged and would wait for the second half of game. Even while Rockets are playing good basketball.

It is just horrible.

5. body slam

body slam Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but problem is Houston fans suck. The Rockets are in a bad place right now stuck in the middle of the pack. Its kind of hard to get excited about them. The Astros are putting out a fresh, exciting, and entraining product and averaging their worse attendance ever at Minute Maid. The Texans had their best season ever and the fans still could not make it to their seats till half way through the second quarter. Thats if they even made it inside Reliant at all.

6. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Have a better/more epic rocket take-off in the beginning. Make upper deck seats even cheaper, because the "blue collar" fans seem to be louder than "white-collar" fans. Create a gimmicky name for the upper deck (loud city in OKC) so we can have the Rowdies and the upper deck be loud the whole game. I enjoy the "old school" sound effects a la MSG, but incorporate that with better, newer music.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Win.

No music during gameplay (except for your typical DE-FENSE chant). People are there to see the game, not listen to the latest hip hop beats. Drop all that garbage and bring in an organ. Old school style like MSG. Play The House Is Rockin' by SRV during timeouts after big runs by the Rockets (assuming there are some).

Skankier cheerleaders and cheaper beer.

Make the playoffs and win a series every now and then.

8. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

That's not true at all

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This is the problem! The whole vibe in the Toyota Center is so depressing. It's like nobody has any passion in rooting for the Rockets. I remember I went to a game this season and I had pretty good seats in the lower sections and it was like I was at a funeral. I remember that Lee got a block on the defensive end that turned into a fast break which ended in a alley oop slam, and I jumped up outta my seat and screamed. Everyone around me just looked at me like I was a freak.

The fact is that the fans that attend the games at the Toyota Center just aren't as passionate as Celtic, Thunder, Spurs, Heat, or even Clipper fans. It's really depressing and I can't explain why our fans are like that.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I have NO IDEA why Rocket fans aren't as passionate as spurs, thunder, or heat fans.......

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if you were at Rockets games in the mid-90s to compare to today...and were at Heat games before Lebron got there...you'd know exactly why.

amazing that we forget that last season alone, the heat had to make "public service announcements" to tell people to show up for games.

12. MadMax

1. Astros just finished their worst season in franchise history by a ton....people don't renew season tickets after that kind of season...and people don't go out and buy new season tickets after that. Throw in the move to the AL, and i'm SHOCKED they're not dead last in attendance. Shocked.

2. Texans have sold out every game of their franchise's existence. That stadium is as loud as it gets in pro football...literally, as loud as it gets.

13. MadMax

everyone needs to understand, this is EXACTLY what the Rockets are selling. expensive drinks at the bar while you entertain clients. that's it right there.

most people who go to the games are nowhere near as rabid as the folks who post on here regularly...who really care a ton about the intricacies of the product on the court. that is true of every NBA team. win some games when it matters most, and people will be standing by their seats clapping and cheering....just like they are at every NBA arena in the country.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Instead of little kids dancing at halftime, how about something more adult.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe it was something you wore... or you had vegetables between your teeth :grin:

Next time, though, if I ever get the opportunity to go to a Rockets game again, I'll be sure to bring an iPad or a laptop or something. Because apparently no one else is watching the game either.

16. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Put Rowdies front row.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You guys need to hire some European or South American football(soccer) fans to teach the crowd how to make some f...in noise and create an exciting atmosphere. It's a shame the NBA needs announcers for the stupid "DEFENSE" chants or that annoying "aaayoooo" ish. Same with the fake clapping and stomping. All the sound machine stuff doesn't help either. Naturally you don't need any artifical sound provided, the crowd should have the heart and becreative enough to do that themselves with singing or chanting.

As a dedicated European football fan it is pretty shocking to see a typical NBA audience. You see a bunch of high class people or bored chicks that aren't paying attention to the game and most of the people don't seem to get excited. It seems more like a society event, rather than supporting your team and feeling the spirit.

Watch some videos of European/South American sports events and you see how bad the average US crowd looks. You can't blame it on "dark colours" or wrong music, that's laughable. If you have an uninspired and sh!tty crowd you can have the best sound effects, music and colours but there will be no atmosphere.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

The whole NBA is like what you guys are describing. For whatever reason, the league chooses to market "family-friendly fun" instead of its actual product, basketball.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ya I noticed that at ATT center also. When did sports quit being about guys drinking beer and eating meat! And somewhat naked girls! I thought this was 'merica.

20. HombreDeHierro

Exactly this.. Americans aren't fiery and passionate fans