1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center Experience/Mystique

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston288South, May 21, 2012.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Dude she's garbage. Autotune is barely masking her pathetic voice.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

this ???
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-i7DSmKyOSk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. okguy456

okguy456 Contributing Member

I agree...it is pretty sleepy. We need more "pop" on the floor. Convert back to the red and yellow and have the old logo Big on the center floor. our current logo looks so boring on the floor. but yeah also music could step it up a bit.

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

We definitely tried harder when we had stars like T-mac, Yao, and Artest playing on the team...

1 person likes this.
  5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They do a good player intro (not that it matters too much) that has bright lights, lights out, lasers, no pyro though. The food is fine, typical arena stuff. They have a good kids play area. They don't tailgate because you can't tailgate in downtown (until a month ago)

I got a good idea. Start winning.

6. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I can't help, but we will never see an OKC crowd in Houston that is at least 95% shirted in conjunction with the team's desire. The last time we had it, around 30% wore shirts that was given to them at their seats.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hate the colors, it has a dark vibe to it... really depressing.

And it didn't help that every time I yelled something, everyone in the whole section and the next looks at me like I just sinned.

8. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Toyota Center isn't anything special, but I would say the experience has a lot more to do with the team itself than the arena.

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Toyota Center, while nice, is the perfect example of a generic NBA arena. Generic music, generic in-game beats, generic lighting, everything is generic. Nothing is unique about it.

10. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Agreed. If anything they need to tone it down. Back in the day you used to be able to watch the game without a constant bombardment of crappy music, lights and sound effects. If the team plays well the fans will get into it. There is no need for all the other crap.

I really hate it when the team is going on a run, or needs a stop and the fans actually get into it. Then some stupid sound effects come on that drowns out the crowd, so the crowd just stops cheering. Good work DJ :rolleyes:

11. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

12. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

13. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

it's such a shame. The TC is such a nice/new venue, but the colors are horrid ugly. Really Les, like who did you hire do to all that? Did they have any sense of contemporary style or what's aesthetically pleasing to eye?

Colors should be Black and Red, and NOT Yellow. The court needs to be a darker shade. The house lights need to be turned down.

14. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

There is really nothing special about the arena. But, I've had a heck of a time going to some playoff games. Crowd really gets into it. Not quite like college basketball, but that's not a fair comparison. Best sports atmosphere I've ever been in was a UT v. Kansas basketball game. Epic.

15. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

lol I went to that Man-U Vs USA AS game a couple years ago. THAT WAS EPIC. soccer fans are the rowdiest fans in the world, hands down.

16. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

I'm sure that experience was at a whole another level in terms of atmosphere. I'd love to see a soccer game in Europe. I've been to a MLS game before and all I heard were vuvuzelas...kind of annoying and distracted from the game.

17. Mariachi ROCKET

Stupid ass announcer echos for 3, for 3 for 3, is so effin annoying!!!

18. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

90s rap and beats all day every day

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like your stylo

20. cooliobob

cooliobob Member

Toyota Center could use some Childish Gambino.