1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toyota Center Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, May 17, 2015.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, I was thinking that I could create this thread if this thread has not been created. The rockets fans are so great so far, I see Houston has one of the best home courts in NBA during the playoff run.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

More great news:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a>-Clippers 7 did a 25.1 Nielsen rating in Houston (577,608 households) on Ch. 13. LA rated 9.5. National overnight was 5.8.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/600303045889536000">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">For those who don't follow such things, the 25.1 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> Nielsen rating is comparable to a solid Texans ratings performance.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/600303918518669315">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I would suspect that average viewers in Houston for <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> game Sunday, when calculated later today, will be close to a million.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/600304120499556353">May 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

If you assume that the Houston metro area has 6 million folks, that translates to nearly 1 in every 6 Houstonians tuning in to this game. That's damn impressive

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Crowd looked AMAZING on TV. Sea of Red Shirts.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The crowd was incredible. Kudos to everyone that could make the game. I'm terribly jealous. I have a great sound system in my living room, and the noise just came in endless waves. Houston has always been more of a "show me" city. The fans rock in the playoffs, and not nearly as much during the regular season, with some exceptions here and there. Once we consistently go deep in the playoffs for a string of seasons, with perhaps a championship (or two?) mixed in there (not required, but damn, why not?), we'll see more of this tremendous energy pumping up our guys, and diminishing the other team's players during the regular season. It's always been like that, and not just for the Rockets. Can't really explain why. Houston is what she is, bless her.

5. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Yeah, mainly Terry and Harden were due for another three pointer late.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

My GF, sister, my mom, my dad, my kitten, my goldfish and especially me were all jealous that everyone got those clutch city shirts. Those shirts were really nice and we were trying to find where to buy one.

7. Celebriduck

Celebriduck Member

I wish they would have postponed tip off just by ten minutes or so. There was a lot of people outside trying to fight through the rain, flooded streets, and traffic. Half way through the first quarter people were still trickling in.

8. Illegal Machine

I was a there for a few games in the 22 game win streak (Novak buzzer beater for example). Several Shaq/Yao matchups. Game 6 Rox/Blazers.

This was the loudest crowd in Quarters 1-3 that I've ever heard.

9. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

nice showing by the home crowd... now we gotta keep this up against the warriors

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I got to Downtown at 12:30 and had no problems.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

oh man open looks too. I was ready to throw beer around.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I've been to some loud Rockets games. Game 7 vs Phoenix in 1994 was very loud all game long(that was another wire-to-wire lead).

Game 3 vs Utah in 1997 was quiet after the horrible first quarter, but was rocking by the end with chants of "Eddie! Eddie!" all the way back to the parking garage(imagine the scene after Game 4 when he hit that gamewinner).

I was also at the game in 2008 when they beat the Bobcats for the 21st consecutive win which at the time gave them the 2nd longest winning streak in NBA history. Man, that place was insane in the final minutes when they finally secured the victory.

And then Game 1 vs Dallas this postseason was extremely loud. The fans were into that one from the very beginning all the way to the end.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah, it was insane. They were those shots where you just know if they go in the crowd would register on the Richter scale.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

I think JVG mentioned something about the home crowd in game 7. He said something on the lines that the home crowd in the playoffs for the Rockets is amazing but in the regular season its ok lol.

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Rockets 6-1 at home this playoffs vs 2-3 on the road. The importance of home court advantage and the display of how good our fans have been.