1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Totally Exposed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some teams play defense, grab rebounds even when their shots aren't falling. The Rockets just give up.

2. dmoneybangbang

Lawson was great, not in any sense of the word for the Rocket's this season.

I thought it was pretty obvious I was omitting Lawson because he hasn't been a good playmaker next to Harden.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Especially Harden - all you have to do is dog him from the beginning of the game with a quick athletic SG - and he slowly quits attacking and gives up.

Very disturbing.

DD

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, now you are finally seeing what the real problem is. You are learning.

5. nnayak

nnayak Member

Problem is even when harden is off the floor, we still don't run a real system. Run a real system, have Harden watch it from the bench, and have a coach hold him accountable to running it. in Harden's delusional mind, his ball hogging is the best way for the team to win. The coach needs to SHOW him that it's not true. Run a real system. We have spurts of ball movement when Harden is off the floor, but it's still not a real system.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You're hero McFail is the primary reason for Harden's way of playing. That fool let Harden do whatever the hell he wanted. He never held him accountable and Mchale has left this team struggling thanks to his 4 years of garbage coaching

You can now hope some other team is stupid enough to make him the coach and you can jump on that bandwagon

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen different versions of this claim ("it's all McHale's fault") several times over the past couple of days. I really disagree with this. I don't think you can blame ANYONE else for Harden's offensive single-mindedness and defensive apathy. Give me a break with the "it's all McHale's fault" narrative. Seriously. Just stop it.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I said primary reason. I didn't say "ALL"

When you have a young budding superstar seeing all this money and fame, you as a coach should know when to reign him in. McFail rarely ever held Harden accountable and usually let him do whatever he wanted especially on defense

I stand by my comment that McHale is primarily responsible for the Harden we are seeing - ball stopping, not moving off the ball, turnovers, no defense at all.

Anyway McFail is gone and thankfully. It's now up to James to decide whether he wants to be known as an all time great when all is said and done or a few seasons wonder who played no D

9. nnayak

nnayak Member

Exactly. And somehow this stupid style led to the WCF, so in Harden's mind it's ok. He needs a reality check, ideally from within

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Same mistakes at filling out a roster that occurred with Tmac and Yao. Morey is so arrogant that he thinks whoever he signs will be sufficient because "the numbers say so"

Morey hasn't gotten better at his job after all this time.

1 person likes this.
  11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Its not all, but you'd be naive to believe it wasn't a lot of Mr. Etch & sketchs fault. He's the fundamental reason behind our lack of discipline, strategy, and effort.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Haha, the McHale haters are learning that McHale wasn't the problem. Morey puts players together that don't work well together. Morey forces the team to run an offense that it's poorly suited to run. Superstar players disrespect the game.

McHale wasn't a great coach, but he did pretty well until the superstar players decided they just didn't want to work very hard anymore.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The organization gave Harden the green light to do whatever not Mchale. And as you can see Harden is still doing whatever he wants.

And: do you consider the Rockets organization dumb and if so why are you still following them?

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Cleveland slowed the game down and trapped Harden at every opportunity, even if Harden shot well, he was never going to score a lot, they basically used the same tactic they used against GS in the finals (except Kyrie and Love were there). Unlike GS, we don't have a lineup of death or really any spacing.

We were ok when Harden was on the floor, not good, but their constant trapping certainly left several opportunities, even with no spacing to score. I don't think Harden knows how to play optimally with no spacing, he basically has to become like Kobe was, shoot the ball a lot and not drive much but that's not who he is, so it looks awful.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We didn't just get Lawson to have somebody who could run an offense when Harden was on the bench. We also got Lawson for instances in which the other team commits to trapping Harden at the top of the key. We will always be a one-dimensional team unless Harden can stomach playing off ball more when he's on the court. Until then, we will always have a ceiling on how good we can be.

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

So I've been too scared to click on page 1 of this thread, I assume it is a pic of jopats wang?

1 person likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

18. alethios

alethios Member

Yeah, maybe this year. What's more disturbing is that last year, he was getting SGs like Klay Thompson in foul trouble.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why don't give him another 2 years to show what he can do....

At age 28 he will be a veteran player, if his game hasn't changed he won't likely change.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol love when people use the old "beat teams with players missing" argument.

it doesn't matter who is in a team when you beat them, heck stop feeling sorry for those teams and enjoy every win we get. Last season we had injuries and found ways to get wins....................always looking for the negative spins on here way too much