1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Total. Fail.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Furious Jam, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Wow, what a season.

We miss the playoffs again.
    We fail to develop any of the '09 draft picks.
    We fail to develop Patterson and Morris.
    We devalue Kevin Martin, arguably the best player on the team.
    Again, we're stuck drafting at #14.
    Our only breakout player, Dragic, is an unrestricted free agent.

I know that Parsons and Budinger have had nice seasons, but that's it.

In his 5 years as GM, this is without question Morey's worst season. 99% of the people on this board laugh when it's suggested that we could trade for Dwight Howard and/or sign Deron Williams. What ya'll think is a joke has got be Morey's Plan "A", because Plan "B" is "you're fired". He has one at-bat left, so he'd better swing for the fences.

7 people like this.
  2. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

This 5 game losing streak is all on McHale. Seriously. I was such a huge fan of this guy for the whole season but he has completely folded under pressure as a coach and made one terrible managerial decision after another during the game.

What's Stan Van Gundy doing next year?

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

:(:confused::eek:

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I've been thinking the same thing. He stuck with that stupid ****ing 4th quarter lineup with Scola and Ppat together and no center so many times this year, even after we got Camby.

After that run of wins, it's obvious defenses caught on to Dragic and McHale had no plan B. We began to live or die by the three. I was fairly high on McHale a few weeks ago but I just don't know anymore...

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yup, every ****ing game, we seen Pat Scola line gets raped in the ******* in the third. McHale doesn't do **** all about it, ****ing useles piece of ****.

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

Calm down man... we currently have the 13th pick.

8. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Now I feel better. Hopefully we can get another tweener forward. That would be awesome.

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's not a front office philosophy that needs to change -- it's ownership.

But you're right about the season blow-by-blow. Many of us talked about this back during the lockout, but the lockout, assuming it wiped out only one season, was a big positive for the Rockets' future. Possibly two lottery picks. Lifting it only hurt the future.

I really don't understand how the Rockets could waste this year the way they did with the direction they chose. Here we float.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

The team is fine... They just need to find out what direction they are going in..

You have 2 pg's with 2 totally different styles and it was very evident in tonight's game.

T_Man

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

will the rockets ever make the playoffs in the post t-mac era?

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

ITS TMACS FAULT

13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

I wish we could swap records with the Bobcats :( what a futile wasted season of hoping, praying and believing.

Sorry nets we cant give yall the pick this year

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Rockets = F

15. Relentless

Relentless Member

TEXANS SEASON OPENER SEPTEMBER 9!!! WHOOOOOO!

1 person likes this.
  16. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

The team was heading in the right direction, in my opinion. The objective was to make the playoffs. We were on track to make that happen. We win that Utah game, we're all singing a different tune.

Regardless, this blows. Time to break out the Canadian Club.

... I need help reacting to this, guys.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I like boobs.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

But then what?

Does making the playoffs -- gaining experience there or what have you -- significantly help your future? Don't get me wrong... I was disappointed once the Rockets made their decision early on with the signing of Dalembert, but I wasn't going to mope about it. I was (and still am) on board with making the playoffs. It doesn't make sense to tank with 4 games left.

But there is no future right now. They need a serious shift forward with a rental trade of a Dwight or something like that, or they need to genuinely rebuild. None of this "try to be the first team to rebuild without a losing season" nonsense.

This team needs talent that has a physical advantage or a very gifted skillset. They need high ceiling players. They have given themselves virtually no route to obtain that.

1 person likes this.
  19. thekad

thekad Member

The world's longest train wreck narrated blow-by-blow by many on this board who plead for the Rockets to tank, but continued to watch on as the Rockets decided to completely throw away this season (and in heartbreak fashion).

That's 2011-12, in a nutshell. Put it on the wall and stare at it when you're rooting for another Scola-led Rockets team to barely make the playoffs next year, noting that the outcome would be irrelevant.

in morey we trust stay the course etc.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ownership wants to stay competitive. morey's doing a great job following those orders. to put a competitive team together with the cards he was dealt is not easy at all. that being said, i don't agree with the direction les wants to take the team.

i've been calling for a full rebuild mode for about 3 years. i, like most of you are at the point where 8th seed / 14th pick is MORE boring, and HARDER to bear than flat out rebuilding. can't compete this year, can't build for the future. ugh.

i'd watch MORE games if we drafted a top 3 player and sucked than if we kept the team together and landed the 8th seed. it would've been worth throwing this season away in order to draft that player. this was the first year since the JVG era that i didn't order league pass to watch my team. and i gotta tell you, i don't think i missed much. 14th pick again? that's what i thought.