1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Torraye Braggs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cmiller, Apr 18, 2005.

1. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

I know he’s somewhat inexperienced, but during the few scrub minutes he’s played, he was extremely active. I was watching him box-out, and defend his man. He’s quicker, stronger, and younger than Spoon. I understand this is the playoffs and JVG needs experience, but I wonder why Braggs hasn’t gotten more playing time. I’m also aware JVG has this thing about sitting players like Spoon who work hard and do as their asked. I just wonder if he puts loyalty and history ahead of talent?

2. joeguo

joeguo Contributing Member

You know what? Braggs will be THE secret weapon in playoffs. Gundy doesn't want show it too early.

3. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt braggs signed after the deadline for players eligible for the playoff roster.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I believe that if a player has not been under contract on any other team this season, they can be on a playoff roster regardless of when they signed.

Don't take my word for it though...not positive on this.

5. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

I believe that Braggs was a free agent that did not have a contract with any team this season up until he signed with Houston. This makes him eligable for the playoff roster. Correct me if I'm wrong.

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Oops...sorry..I should have read further before I posted... My appologies.