1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    NBA Free Agency opens today! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room at 4:30pm CT as we react live to moves being made by the Rockets and their competition!

NBA Free Agency - LIVE!

Toronto, San Antonio talking Kawhi-DeRozan Swap (UPDATE: Done deal)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jul 18, 2018.

1. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

DeRozan can just not get away from Lebron. Spurs are likely to be swept by the Lakers in the payoffs in 2019, which would be great.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Kawhi is an idiot to turn down this opportunity. The East is weak. Really weak. You basically have to beat Boston and you're out of it. Even Philly isn't there yet. He could easily feast there, get his name and brand repaired and then make bank. Instead, it looks like he's being a child. Whatever. The guy doesn't want to play with LeBron, he doesn't want to play in Toronto, maybe just maybe, he just doesn't want to play at all.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

I don't know, Capela's agent seems to be doing a pretty bad job too

[​IMG]

#464 House Rockets, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I'm leaning a little towards the "wait and see." Much less talented guards seem to come into their own in San Antonio over the past two or so decades. I admit I'm kind of interested to see what happens there with an already-a-star guard (not superstar) in his prime.

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Kawhi has absolutely no reason to be bi***ing about going to Toronto. For an NBA athlete, Toronto is an amazing city and you represent more than just the city, you represent all of Canada. If he balls out he's one of Canada's favorite athletes.

And he's on a contender.

And he has millions upon millions in the bank.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't foresee the Lakers sweeping anyone, as currently constructed.

8. TheresTheDagger

9. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Pop says 'your ass is going to the East and out of the country and take your uncle with you'

francis 4 prez and nwtx7263 like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me ask again...this is second time...

has anyone actually seen a new quote today from Kawhi regarding this trade, or is the media just reciting "statements" made previous to this trade about his preferred destination.

I think it's important distinction to "say" something prior to trade, and "say" "I don't want to be here" as reaction to a trade. Hard to find one in this long thread.

tia

Little Bit likes this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

so the media just reciting "statements" made previous to this trade about his preferred destination. confirmed

heypartner likes this.
  13. heypartner

I don't think Kawhi responded at 2:30am to a question about the trade. Is that the tweet that has everyone saying Kawhi responded to the trade?

I thought that was a tweet reciting "statements" previously made.

It's an important (and simple) distinction to make between has Kawhi commented on the trade yet, or not. If he has, and said he doesn't like it (like DeRozan did), then that tells us Toronto has a problem out of the gate. Then the drama begs, what is Toronto saying in response?

YOLO likes this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Take it how you want it.

Haynes, seems like a pretty credible source, and advised his sources told him he doesn't want to go to Toronto.

Now he's in Toronto... I'm sure the Leonard camp will show us soon enough how accurate this source was or wasn't.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

By any statistical measure the cavs shouldn't have beat the raptors. This was a 0.6 srs team vs 7 srs team. The raptors were a good team last year. They did pretty well against almost everyone including the rockets.

16. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

17. likestohypeguy

Not just a "statement", unless LEAGUE SOURCE statement means nothing to you.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Kawhi has not issued any statements about the trade.

Most people believe that his uncle speaks with these reporters on his behalf, off the record. Multiple reporters came out this morning and said "sources" said Kawhi was not happy about this. I think that came from his uncle.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh same league sources that had pg13 basically a sure thing. those same ones?

just interesting how people try to be so quick to judge and the person himself has yet to say something himself

20. heypartner

That's fine. I'm not trying to be picky. It's just not clear to me whether Kawhi or "his group" have commented on the trade, yet, or not.

Please post any "statements" about the trade...not statements prior to the trade. So we can see them.

tia