1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Toronto Raptors In Trade Talks For James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Jan 5, 2021.

1. jch1911

jch1911 Member

FWIW Raptors playing in Tampa this year.... Tampa has more "Gentleman's clubs" than Htown per capita (Portland #1)... Htown has the most total number of clubs... that's what my friend said anyway

Kim, Jontro and vlaurelio like this.
  2. hakeemthagreat

I can go out there and shoot better than Simmons can. Trading Harden for him is beyond horrible

rockets1995 likes this.
  3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Siakam is already 26 and is probably/likely close to his peak. Not ideal for the Rockets since any Harden trade would be a major rebuilding job for the organization.

The best offer the Raptors could make is FVF (?) and picks. They cant trade OG since he just signed and extension - thus it prohibits the raptors from trading him for 6 months.
    New Orlean can't trade Ingram till next season. Teams cannot trade any player that signs an extension covering more than 3 seasons, a higher salary, or with larger annual increases for the next 6 months.

#43 blahblehblah, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Kim and D-rock like this.
  4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Age bracket as Wood? Siakam is 26 and Wood is 25.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

He is 27 and peaked. I rather have a combination of Herro and Robinson then this guy. Hell even Simmons has more upside despite his broken shot. Boston is not trading brown so that is not happening.

D-rock likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I could stomach watching a Wood-Siakam-Cousins frontcourt, if they throw in 4 firsts and Boucher, Thomas and Watanabe. lol

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Pascal Siakam DOB April 2, 1994 (age 26 years)

8. vick

vick Member

If it saves Tilman money he will say yes

9. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2021-1-5_21-8-7.gif

BHannes2BHonest, Shroopy2 and opticon like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

The guy has peaked be it 26 or 27..For Harden you want want a player with a great upside. Simmons has a defensive player of the year potential. Hell right now he maybe be the best defensive player in the nba with elite playmaking. Siakam is what he is

Plowman likes this.
  11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's not about the player we get in return.

NO PLAYER we get in return can make us championship contenders. It is all about the future assets. If we can somehow get a player who is fringe all-star level (and Pascal is that), then it is a bonus on the deal. Toronto look to have a bunch of odds and ends players, and could well be in the lottery range for a few years right now. Adding Harden will not make them championship contenders, so we're talking a mid first rounder from them, multiple times. And if James walks? Great.

The other side of the coin is that Toronto might well be looking to flip him straight on to a Philly (for example) and get back someone like Simmons (plus recoup picks), who would fit like a glove with all their shooters.

Siakam, OG, Powell plus (at least 3) firsts - could be worse.

forchette49 likes this.
  12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I would accept Siakama but we would need more...we need a 3 team trade with Chicago so send Powell and Davis to Chicago and we would take Lavine. So Lavine, Siakam and 2 draft picks goes to Rockets, two draft picks, Powell and Davis to Chicago and Harden to Toronto!

Parley likes this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think James Harden value will go so high that the Rockets won't trade him.

Every team is lowballing the Rockets.

I would rather have James Harden here for 2 more years. Leave as a 34 year old Free Agent.

The Rockets have Christian Wood, Jae'Sean Tate Age 25,26,27 years their Prime Years with James Harden.

Hopefully A New Owner Takes over within these 3 years. Tillman I don't think can afford to keep the Rockets, during the Pandemic and losing Chinese Sponsors.

Maxgx and gogispade like this.
  14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I would pay money to punch Windhorst in the face. No cheap shots.

RudyTBag, D-rock and Fulgore like this.
  15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Siakam gets benched for disciplinary reasons, days latter involved in Harden trade rumors.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

More role players for a top 5 player? Nah I’m cool

D-rock likes this.
  17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Uhg. We suck

johnnydeezy1 likes this.
  18. pass_to_Hakeem

Exactly. His stock has gone down in the past few weeks. No thank you

rockets1995 likes this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If this happens, I’d guess Pascal would go to Denver, and MPJ would be coming to Houston with a boatload of picks.

We have no use for Pascal.

True Rocket likes this.
  20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I have no problem with buying on the dip, especially if it helps us land another good player in the package or more picks.