1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top-Rated Beers in the World

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DFWRocket, Aug 21, 2013.

1. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Yeah...I've got issues with this. Michelob Ultra??? REALLY??

Although Negra Modela and Smithwicks are 2 of my absolute favorites

[​IMG]

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/big-data-download/top-10-beers-worldwide-181808114.html

Craft beers may be giving big brewers a run for their money, but the top-rated beers worldwide in terms of taste come from all over the map, according to one product research site.
    Pacifico and Negra Modelo from Mexico, Smithwick's Ale from Ireland, Windhoek Lager from Namibia and Affligem Blonde from Belgium are among the top 10 beers worldwide, according to rankings from FindTheBest, which gathers and filters consumer and expert reviews from across the Web.

"The most important quality of a beer is how it tastes. However, the experience of drinking a beer also involves several secondary elements, including appearance, smell and texture," said FindTheBest CEO Kevin O'Connor.

And while beer drinkers outside of the United States might consider Budweiser a premium imported beer, it's not on FindTheBest's list of the 10 best beers across the globe. Instead, Michelob Ultra and Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus make the list and Bud sits at 316th place.

And while all of the top 10 beers worldwide have five-star ratings, Budweiser, a highly-marketed staple beer, has just 3.5 stars, according to FindTheBest.
    "'Best' can be different things for different groups of people," O'Connor said.

Since FindTheBest's rankings depend on reviews, consumers and experts need to have access to a beer before reviewing it, and that's not always possible for some of the truly delicious but hard-to-find beers out there.
    "The reality is most of these [beers with big marketing budgets] aren't very good at all,” O'Connor told “Big Data Download.” “Our data shows that when people actually taste lesser-known beers and compare them to the most popular ones, they often prefer the small-brewery option," O'Connor said.

FindTheBest, which lists some of the top brands under several categories, including smart phones, bicycles and web-hosting services, is just one of many resources that beer lovers can use to find new beer suggestions. Mobile apps like BeerCloud, BeerStat, Beer Universe and iBrewMaster are some of the more dedicated beer research resources.

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I always see Michelob in stores and wonder who buys it, as I've never witnessed this mind blowing purchase myself.

1 person likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Something's fishy here. It might be 5 or 6 beers on the list.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I see a lot of fat ass golfers buy it.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Michelob Ultra is for girls. So if Pacifico actually. Lime Cactus beer is on there too? **** this, wreaks of Bleacher Report quality material.

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did Alex Kennedy write this list of his favorite beers?

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I would never drink any of those willingly

9. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Pacifico is this shizz

10. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

No Pliny's, Firestones or Russian Rivers? **** off finance.yahoo.

11. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Females are the only ones who buy it.

"Omg it only has how many calories?!?!"

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

When I was 16 I drank a couple after running out of Smirnoff Ices and Goldschlager. That was a near death experience.

Drank Ultra version out of my dad's fridge once when I was 17.

I guess if you like the watered down American-style lager, its okay. I'd never buy it (at that price always get Yuengling instead).

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'll also add, while Smithwicks is no where near a top-10 beer in the world, it is good, and perhaps top-10 for worldwide distributed beers.

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I thought this was a list for beer. Then I saw Michelob Ultra and Pacifico.

Disconnect.

Besides, how do you round it down to 10 with just a 5star rating system.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I used to drink Smithwicks all the time. Now I just drink Modelo Especial out of a can. I'm to tired to be a beer snob.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Modelo goes hard though.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My neighbor was drinking it with a few of his guy friends the other day. They then proceeded to take their shirts off in the rain and assist each other while trying to walk across one of those home tight rope systems that they set up between two trees.

Just sayin.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Using "find the best.com" for beer ratings is like using youtube comments to determine who should get the Nobel Prize for physics.

Actually reading it over this seems more like an unscrubbed press release that got repurposed by some Yahoo! content farm/generator software.

But hey otherwise, great article

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Some of the judges must have thought they were ranking water alternatives.

Michelob does have some decent beers outside of ultra. There was a lager my father had in the fridge one day I didn't mind.

Anyways cable car is the best beer in the world.

20. dragician

dragician Member

My reaction to michelob

[​IMG]

i thought we're talking beer, not water.