1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top PGs in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheReasonSF3, Nov 26, 2002.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Elite:
    The best of the best
    1. Steve Francis- 26 points, 6.9 rebounds, and 6.2 rebounds per game.
    2. Gary Payton- 21.1 points, 10.4 assists, and 4.7 rebounds per game.
    3. Jason Kidd- 20.5 points, 8.8 assists, and 6.6 rebounds per game.

Superstars
    Can totally dominate a game, but aren't the best of the best

Other then the elite players, there are no players that can dominate a team, like most superstars can.

All Stars
    They are not superstars, but deserve to make the All-Star team.
    1. Steve Nash- 18.5 points, 7.9 assists, and 1.5 steals per game.
    2. Baron Davis- 17.1 points, 8.4 assists, and 1.9 steals per game.

Semi Stars
    Players that are great assets to their team, but don't deserve to make the All-Star team.
    1. Stephon Marbury- 17.5 points and 9.2 assists per game.
    2. Mike Bibby- 13.7 points, 5 assists, and only 1.68 turnovers per game (stats are from the 2001-02 season).
    3. Andre Miller- 16.4 points, 7.6 assists per game, on a bad team.
    4. Jason Terry- 18.9 points, 7.6 assists, and 1.7 steals per game.
    5. Sam Cassell- 17.4 points, 5.3 assists, and 4.3 rebounds per game.

The rest
    Good point guards, but nothing too special.
    Tony Paker, Damon Stoudamire, Terrell Brandon, John Stockton, Jamal Tinsley, Eric Snow, and Derek Fisher.

2. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I basically agree on everything here, except that Stockton should still be in the "Semi Stars" category.

3. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

stockton is a old player. hes good but hes old. he needs to retire. i think he has white hair on his legs!:eek:

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Uh, yeah, I'm hardly disputing that he's old. That's what makes him so amazing: he's still one of the best passers in the game, and still has a deadeye jumper. He's also smart defensively as well as offensively. Plus he's sick clutch (as Rockets and Kings fans know).

Why should he retire? If he's still so good, why not just keep on keepin' on? It's not like there's an age limit in the NBA.

5. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

i dunno im stupid

6. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

i agree with this perspective as i believe it portrays truth and knowledge all in one statement. such an amazing collection of understanding, all in four words. simply beautiful.

7. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

LOL :D

8. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

If you are including Snow, Fisher, and Stoudamire, you have to include Alvin Williams...one of the most underrated players in the game..Defense, hustle, team play, clutch scoring, etc And tough as they come...didn't miss a game last year, and as soon as the seaon was over had to have surgery on both knees and an ankle...Coaches and scouts around the league love him. If you were to offer Stoudamire back to the Raps straight up for Williams, they might consider it, but I doubt it, and it would certainly not be a no-brainer.

9. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. You are right. I forgot about him. Arenas should be in the semi stars catagory also. Alvin should be in "the rest" catagory.

10. Jack Frost

Jack Frost Member

Yall are sleeping on Stock and Francis. Stock does dominate the game but not with points by his passes and decisions. Have you guys seen Steve Nash play? I see he made All Star on ur list but this guy is straight sick. He is unstoppable when goin for a layup and his jumper is wet behind the arc. If he didn't have Finley, Dirk, Nick, Raef and the rest of the bunch hoggin points this dude could easily average 30 8 a game if needed too. He i snot talented as Steve but the guy can ball and probaly will showcase it in the playoffs if he isn't warn out.