1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top Hippie Dog with a Cowboy Bungalow Tournament -- Vote NOW!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by 3814, Apr 27, 2005.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

-Begin Rant-

okay, i know i've voted in pretty much every one of the tournaments that are going on right now and that have happened in the past month or so, but seriously, it is going too damn far! i mean, i don't mind any of the one's we've had, but the fact that i've wasted my time with all of them and actually end up disappointed with the winner every time kind of pisses me off.

do you realize that we're having a top fastfood restaurant tournament right now?!?!?! i know that houston's one of the grande-est cities in the states, but who really gives a flipping whopper what the hell other people think the top fastfood restaurant is, we've all been to them all, aren't we all able to think for ourselves. do these tournaments really make anybody happy? i mean, yeah, i fill out the ballot, but every time i hand it in i think to myself, why the hell did i go through that just for that. i mean, the "what's your favorite band" thing is good enough to find out the best band. does everybody here really think the Beattles are the greatest band in the world? and the Bob Dylan is the greatest solo artist of all time - yes, i'm sure a few do, but the fact that this is supposed to speak for us all is a bunch of BS.

what am i supposed to do? once the polls are in for the greatest fastfood restaurant, am i only supposed to eat there, since it is without a doubt the best food ever!?!?!

and whatever happened to the hottest chick tournaments? at least those threads were excuses to post pictures in. and how about best poster awards or thread of the year - i know these are annual things and would become dumb is overdone, but i'm just trying to say that this at least has some value, seeing as how we all know each other somewhat - but still, am i supposed to think that LL is the hottest chick just because that's the way it votes or that slikvik is the greatest poster of all time just because that's the way the votes get tallied up (which they would - without a doubt).

dammit, we're voting on what's annoying. you know what's annoying me right now? the annoying person tournament - yet the most annoying thing about it is that i'm actually voting in it.

dammit, lets get back to the basics, you know, the threads with discussion and drunk posts...which brings me to my last point...

...i think i've had too much to drink.

-i just want to thank Taco Bell and the Beatles for making this whole tournament possible...without you guys, i wouldn't have gotten so pissed off-oh, and i don't wanna forget telemarketers, whom i will continue to vote for in the annoying people tourney because i won't let a tournament pass by without my vote being counted, because i can't not not resist voting for some unknown reason-

-End Rant, unknowing why i ever started rant, but for some reason it felt good to put down, i don't know what i put down really, but if you wanna lock it that's cool too-End Rant-Was it already ended?-Ugh-

2. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

Its good to let it out. Lord knows I need to sometimes.

3. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

*I vow not to start another tournament again, freakin' a-hole.;)

I think the tournaments would annoy you less if they were more spaced out. There should be about one a month, MAYBE, (at most) or every 2 or 3 months. There should be a rule about them like one one is started in a month, no one else can start one, something like that. They should definitely go on hold for a while after the current two are done.

Unless it's a Seinfeld tournament.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't know about the Tournament, but I used to have the top hippie dog in Houston. He was known from the campus of UH, and the old neighborhood across the bayou, to the environs of Hermann Park, to the area around Rice and the Village, to the Montrose... being a hit with the chicks at parties across the area. He was well known in Southeast Houston. He was famous at Paleface Park, in his day, and partied with Robin Hood by Mount Bonnell. He sailed the Bay, and frolicked in the sands of Redfish Island. He walked across town to find me when he thought I was lost, when I was working on a boat in the Gulf. He was and is a legend among the many who knew him.

He was the Wonder Dog.

5. Fatty FatBastard

Yes, from now on, you only go to the winner.

Seriously, it's a discussion. If more people like something more than you, then so be it. But if you haven't been to one of the top four fast food places, or haven't listened to one of the top four bands, it is a good suggestion to try it out. You're putting way too much thought into this. How long does it take you to vote? Less than a minute???

Too many people were posting pics. They got locked up and we all lost pic priveledges for a while. That's why you won't see one up again.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Damn, 3814...up until that post, you had the "best poster with nothing but numbers in his user name" tournament pretty much in the bag. Now, I'm not so sure....

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

LMAO, it's great to see the A-Train wit gracing this forum again.

8. Manny Ramirez

So, I take it that the "Favorite Condiment" tournament is a no-go, now?

:(

9. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

damn :( i knew i should of kept my rant to myself:D

honestly, looking at it now, most of what i said wasn't really rational thought, but rather me just spewing out crap from wherever i could find it.

i do find the tournaments interesting, but i also find them somewhat overdone, too many going on at the same time. obviously i'm not only going to do whatever the winner tells me too, and obviously it's kind of interesting to find out who wins, but there just shouldn't be 3 on at the same time.

damn, i'll just come out and admit what led to the whole damn rant -- Bob Marley shoulda won!!! :D

by saying all this, i'm not taking back my rant, i'm just saying that i might have overdone it. and i hope to better serve this board in the future with more rational thought than what i put into the original post of this thread and i so dearly wish to overcome the odds and once again be the "best poster with nothing but numbers in his user name." :D

10. A-Train

damn, I don't know if I could come up with 64 condiments...maybe if you separated salsa into hot, medium, and mild and separated all the different mustards...

...about a year ago, I actually had a rough draft of a fast food tournament written up. It was even separated into groups. There was the salt group (chips and crackers), the sugar group (candy and candy bars), the fat group (twinkies, ding dongs, etc), and the frozen group (ice cream and popsicles). I lost it, though...

11. A-Train

oops...that should be "rough draft of a JUNK FOOD[\b] tournament". :D

12. Manny Ramirez

Actually A-Train, if you do just 32 like Fatty did in his fast food tournament, it probably wouldn't be that hard. Of course, I am counting stuff like salt, pepper, Whitt's Barbecue Rib Sauce (that stuff has to be laced with crack!), A-1 Steak Sauce, Arby's sauce, etc.

There was a thread about where people just listed their favorite condiments - when search comes back, I should hunt that thread down and see if I can come up with 32.

Now with me saying this, watch us never get search back!:D