1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top Athletes of the Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by FrancisFan3, Jun 16, 2003.

1. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

These are the results of the workouts of the players of the draft.

Results of the physcical testing done at the NBA's Chicago combine are in, and Boston College's Troy Bell is at the top of the list.

Among all players tested, Bell ranked second in vertical jump (41 inches), second in the 3/4-court run (3.06 seconds) and bench pressed the 185-pound bar an impressive 17 times. His combined total score of 299.0477 ranked him far and away the best athlete in the draft. The next closest player was Ohio's Brandon Hunter who scored 290.1428.

Ball State's Theron Smith, Wisconsin's Kirk Penney, Texas Tech's Andre Emmett, San Diego's Jason Keep, Mississippi State's Derrick Zimmerman, Washington Doug Wrenn, Cincinnati's Donald Little and BYU's Travis Hansen rounded out the top 10.

Of the top prospects tested, Dwyane Wade finished 14th, Kirk Hinrich 20th, Josh Howard 22nd, Carmelo Anthony 38th, Darko Milicic 41st, T.J. Ford 44th, Chris Kaman 45th, Chris Bosh 51st, Nick Collison 54th, David West 61st, Luke Ridnour 63rd, Brian Cook 68th, Mike Sweetney 70th and Pavel Podkolzine 76th.

Bench Press
    Results of bench presses of 185 lbs.
    Jason Keep-- 27 times
    Theron Smith--25 times
    Brandin Hunter--25 times

Sam Hoskin, Uche Nsonwu-Amadi, Matt Bonner and Wesley Wilson were the other who lifted 20 or more times.

Lottery picks
    Chris Kaman--15 times
    Darko Milicic--13 times
    Kirk Hinrich--10 times
    Dwyane Wade--9 times
    Chris Bosh--9 times
    Carmelo Anthony--7 times
    Pavel Podkolzine--5 times
    TJ Ford--0 times

Vertical Jump
    Ronald Dupree--41.5 inches

Doug Wrenn and Troy Bell were the only other two to have 40 inch verticals.

Dahntay Jones, Josh Powell, TJ Ford, and Willie Green had vertical jumos higher than 38 inches.

Lottery Picks
    TJ Ford--39.5 inches
    Dwyane Wade--35 inches
    Kirk Hinrich--33.5
    Carmelo Anthony--33.5
    Chris Bosh--33 inches
    Nick Collison--33 inches
    Darko Milicic--32.5 inches
    Chris Kaman--30 inches
    Pavel Podkolzine--22.5 inches

Lane Agility
    Kirk Penney--10.44 seconds
    Jason Gardner-10.66 seconds
    Jameer Nelson--10.66 seconds

Lottery picks
    Dwyane Wade--10.56 seconds
    Kirk Hinrich--10.98
    Darko--11
    Kaman--11.33
    Carmelo--11.44
    TJ Ford--11.45
    Collison--11.62
    Bosh--11.8
    Pavel--13.4

3/4 court sprint
    Kirk Penney--3.04 seconds
    Troy Bell--3.06
    Jermaine Boyette--3.07
    Britton Johnsen--3.07

Lottery picks
    Dwyane Wade--3.07
    Hinrich--3.1
    Carmelo--3.15
    Ford--3.2
    Collison--3.28
    Bosh--3.3
    Darko--3.36
    Kaman--3.37
    Pavel--3.8
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hmmm im surprised that Ford didn't do better. I thought he would be the best in the vertical jump, lane agility, and the sprint, but he still did pretty good. Maybe I expected too much. I heard he was the fastest player pro or nba and had a leap of 44-46 inches before. Oh well he still is my favorite player in the draft.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

For PGs, it doesn't matter how fast they are without the ball. It matters WITH the ball.

TJ and Hinrich can burn anyone on the floor with the ball.

3. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Wade I'd have expected, but holy je-zoos, who'd have known Hinrich was so damned athletic?

Stronger than Wade, Bosh, or Anthony...Jumps as well as Anthony, and better than Bosh and Milicic...More agile than Darko, Anthony, Ford, and Bosh, and faster than Carmelo, Ford , and Bosh.

And this for a guy known mostly for his skill and smarts...Wow.

4. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Member

It's widely known that hinrich can jump out of the gym...but damn i didn't know he could push weight like that. i still don't see his pro career living up to his college one for some reason...collison will be a great pro, IMO.