1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 8 quotes about Jimmer Fredette from the NBA All-Star Weekend

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jopatmc, Apr 24, 2011.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If these quotes are legitimate, they indicate Fredette will have a very good NBA career.

I am still very intrigued by Jimmer, who will likely be available with our pick. I felt like Curry was going to be a very good NBA player and I felt he could make the move to point guard very well since he has a terrific handle.

The thing I see in Jimmer is the same handle. When you watch him, he never turns loose of the dribble without either passing it or shooting it. He's constantly probing, moving, looking and he either is doing it from the triple threat or once he starts the dribble he keeps the dribble going until he passes or shoots. You can't hardly find footage of him picking up his dribble and trying to figure out what to do with the ball. I agee with Paul Pierce that he has very high bball iq.

The NBA, while it has better athletes, also gives guys like Fredette more room to operate.

I also have a premonition that Morey is still looking very closely at Fredette. Morey has the stacking assets concept so that he can make trades with great flexibility and from a position of strength. If the short list of difference makers are off the board at 14 and no one has fallen, it would not surprise me one bit if Morey took Jimmer.

2. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

I've really come around on Jimmer. Talk all you want about his other limitations, but that kid can fill it up like nobody's business. The other thing that's encouraging is that he isn't a waif like Curry. I think that with his strength and feel for the game, he can become a serviceable defender if he doesn't have the responsibility of generating 40% of his team's offense. If we take him with the 14 I'll feel pretty good.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Bye bye Goran Dragic

4. worzel gummidge

Suns will draft a PG. I'd guess Fredette goes there.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

All this hype and his stock is falling. I would be more intrigued if he played defense and if we didn't already have 2 PG's who do. Not with the 14th pick though.

6. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

He's from BYU. He'll flop in the NBA.

7. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I would take him with the 23rd but not the 14th, not that i think he would fall to 23.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

He'll probably get picked by a contending team in the late 20's.

9. jopatmc

How would you like to see Jimmer playing on the Heat?

Don't think he can play? Just let him go to Miami and you'll be wishing he couldn't play.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

A young Stephen Curry? Fredette is less than one year younger than Curry haha.

11. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

i dont think you read that right.

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

When you call someone a "young" someone, that implies that someone is a bit older than the other. Can't really say that when they're about the same age.

13. jopatmc

I was making a point about his efficiency. Let him go to a playoff team that needs a space shooter and his efficiency will go through the roof.

14. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

he was referring to jimmer being more like the younger version of stephen curry (via davidson) not the current one playing in the nba. that to me seems like a big gap in talent. It didnt seem like he was comparing their ages.

15. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Best bet he goes at #12 or #13. As for NBA success, I think he's too good of a shooter not to succeed. Transitioning to the NBA will be an adjustment for sure, but so it is for everyone else.