1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 50 Steakhouses in America, Houston has 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Dec 7, 2015.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Artista downtown makes a great Churrasco as well but you really can't beat America's for that strip of heavenly meat.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm sure you already know, both restaurants are part of the Cordua family. So the steaks are very similar, but I agree....the Churrasco with chimichurri at Americas is amaaaazing!

3. mikus

mikus Member

Taste of Texas is old school, and maybe they made the list due to their past. They haven't really changed, but modern steakhouses have passed them by.

I liken it to when you go to Vegas and stay at the nice new hotels on the Strip like the Wynn or the Cosmo and then venture downtown and visit a classy old joint like Binions.

I agree that Pappas seems to be the best in town right now. I was just there last week and the deviled eggs and crab cakes were amazing. The steaks were cooked and seasoned to perfection. My friends got their steak Pittsburgh rare and it was perfectly seared.

4. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

How is Brenners not on there?

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

It's not what it used to be, bruh. Read the entire thread or go there. It's really gone down hill especially for the price.

6. jw1144

jw1144 Contributing Member

I've been to several on this list. My favorite by far is Bavette's in Chicago (#16). Their ribeye is amazing. They also have a fantastic smoked trout caesar salad. Highly recommended if you are ever in Chi-town.

Local here in Austin I like Capital Grille (ribeye) and Perry's (filet).

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

By the way. Killen's has just moved to a new location. Much larger.

I think he's opening a burger joint in the old steakhouse location.

8. elrond

elrond Member

Wow...didn't realize Pappa Bros was so high up the list. I'll have to try it out next time I'm in Houston.

Definitely agree with most of the comments on Taste of Texas, just not that impressed. Seemed like the steaks were always getting overcooked.

I enjoyed the porterhouse steak we had last time at Steamboat.

9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

How would you rank cities in terms of steakhouses?

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

agreed B and B is legit!