1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 5 Texas All NBA ers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by R=$, Dec 24, 2015.

1. R=$

R=$ Member

Curious to see What are your top 5 players to play the majority of their career in Texas. Here our mine:

5) tie > Calvin Murphy and Iceman = No titles but wealth of talent and a joy to watch.
    4) David Robinson = Great big man with titles.
    3) Dirk = Best 7 footer with Small forward skills.
    2) Hakeem = Best Center in the game.
    1) Tim Duncan = Mr. Fundimental keeps on trucking at 39. Multiple titles with probably another this year.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Hakeem
    Duncan
    Dirk
    Robinson
    Moses

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

What about people born in Texas? Bill Sharman, Grant Hill, Aldridge, Bosh, Butler, Wes Mathews, DWill, Deandre Jordan, Mookie Blaylock, Michael Ray Richardson, David Wesley, KC Jones, Zelmo, Grandmama, and many more decent role players

The saddest thing is Dallas area produces much better players than Houston area. I wonder why that is.

If going by birthplace. Louisiana probably wins. Louisiana- Bill Russell, Bob Pettit, Elvin Hayes, Willis Reed, Karl Malone, Clyde Drexler, Joe Dumars, Bob Love, Marques Johnson, Robert Parish, Paul Millsape, Antwan Jamison, Rashard Lewis, Greg Monroe, Danny Granger, Elfrid Payton, Robert Pack, Avery Johnson.

I guess Jordan would be part of New York team with Kareem since MJ was born in Brooklyn. You'd have:

Kareem, Jordan, DR J, Tiny Nate, Bernard King, Lanier, Melo, Cousy, Chris Mullin, Marbury, Billy Cunningham, Dolph Schayes, Lenny Wlikins, Drummond, Noah, Elton Brand, Connie Hawkins, Artest, Odom, Mark Jackson, Kenny Smith, Rod Strickland, Kenny Andreson, Randy Smith, Mashburn, Kemba...so many more role player level and street legends.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As long as you're putting Moses below 3rd place because he played so much of his career outside of Houston.

5. R=$

R=$ Member

Edit > at 5

5) Parker & Ginobl = got to give them their do. Championships give them swag.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hakeem
    Duncan
    Moses
    Robinson
    Dirk

Robinson > Dirk

Too much discrepancy in defense and Hakeem was part of the reason David didn't win one. I wouldn't argue with someone who says Dirk is better though.

7. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

1.) Yao Ming
    2.) Jeremy Lin
    3.) That Asian Guy that D.J.'s
    4.) The Asian cheerleader
    5.) Me

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

1) Hakeem
    2) Moses
    3) Elvin Hayes
    4) Jason Kidd
    5) Clyde

Honorable Mentions:

Dirk(maybe my 5), Duncan, Rodman, Parker

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Hakeem, Moses, Duncan, Dirk and soon to be Durant.