1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 5 reasons I hate the Mavericks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mollamar, May 24, 2011.

1. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great thread...if we're talking Houston bandwaggoners, then ban them...but in general, the national media have been slobbering all over the Mavs...

I hate to admit, but it's going to be hard to stop them and wouldn't be surprised if they won it all...Dirk has been playing at an MVP level these playoffs...The heat looked good last night, but I see Dallas beating them...matchups...

2. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

this.

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Mark Cuban's whiny ass, and how he likes to take personal shots at players and their cities when he loses.

4. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Co-sign!!

5. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

F*****g awesome!

6. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Of course I'm manipulating it. If you look at what that response is directed towards, it is a more than logical response to an illogical statement. If, team = successful Than, rockets = should copy it. Oh you didn't know?

60% huh? Wow, they must have fingers full of rings because of that amazing accomplishment! Truly worthy of our highest of praise!

Players also doing their job? lulz, no one is justifying Ellie for anything, the man is a Rocket legend, he needs no justification. More "what ifs" huh? Ya'll sure do like pulling nearly impossible scenarios out of your asses just to see if I'll "crack." To answer this inane question, I would still be a Rockets fan...difference here is, I wouldn't be jumping up in down, celebrating like some here likely would be...a point I had already made earlier in the thread when some asked me THE SAME QUESTION. Way to be original.

I've already answered why I hate them, and if you want to know why, find it right here, in this very thread, not too far above. I'm not alone in this sentiment either, that much is clear as day. Please read all of my responses in this thread, in context. If you had done so, this non sequitur post would not have needed to exist.

The asshattery of Lebron has no bearing on me. People that have their panties in a bunch over "the decision" and that he is "such a rat" don't really make too much sense for me. I didn't like the way he went about it, but hey, he will get his rings because of it...and people will hate on it. Whatever.

Let me ask you this...if you could have either Dirk or Lebron on the Rockets, who would you take? Right here, right now.

The Harden flop was deplorable but I suppose you can stand this:

[​IMG]

and this:

[​IMG]

instead right? Pure class.

I bet you agree with the commentators that are comparing Dirk to MJ and Bird too huh? Dirk is so amazing! Seriously though, Dirk is stepping it up for these playoffs, but some people act like this is the second coming of Christ.

7. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

You seriously take that away from my OP and my comments since? I encourage you to actually read my posts before projecting your convenient meme on me. I've been a season ticket holder since the 1999-2000 season. I've watched a lot of games. I can assure you my distaste for them predates 2005.

I will fess up that when the Mavs were as bad as the Clippers, I didn't think about them much. But as they have had their astounding run of 10+ years winning 50+ games, I have certainly thought about them a lot. I respect what they have accomplished. But I also realize that we compete with them for free agents, we compete with them for trades, we compete with them on the court, and they have been better at our expense for a lot of years.

8. Granville

Granville Member

Their douche bag owner. I hope they never win a title while he owns them.

9. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Nobody said he was the second coming of MJ or Magic, but his career's not over...He can still be top 30 if he wins a few championships.

Regardless of how far they went in the playoffs, 60 percent is impressive...The only other team that has been that consistent are the Spurs. Regular season wins aren't better than winning a championship, but you can't honestly think that's not better than what we've had this past decade. I'm not even saying to emulate their team...just that you should give props where it's due.

Regarding the "hypothetical scenario"
    My point was that you have a problem with their "floppy, whiny players" and their jackhole of an owner, but if they were on our team part of our team, would you still hate Dallas? If the answer is yes, then there's a reason beyond basketball that you're not telling us. It's not like we're in a situation to critique with Kevin Martin and Scola.

My preference of Dallas making to the finals have nothing to do with Dirk or Cuban. Yes, I hate flopping and all of these teams do it, but thats not the main reason. I don't want the finals to be all about free throw shooting and "selling" the call. The thunder and the Heat are masters at getting to the line and I don't care for that kind of match-up. I don't think either team are very good without going 8 vs 5. Purely a fan's standpoint and nothing more.

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I love this team but why is anybody going to bandwagon onto this team right now?

I mean if you are going to bandwagon, shouldn't you be at least going for a bandwagon like Miami or Dallas or even LAL?

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol...

12. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

He's referring to Houston people bandwagoning the Mavs.

13. BleedRocketsRed

Oooohhhh so the Houston people bandwagoning onto the Heat should stay but us who bandwagon the Mavs should be banned?

Why? Once again, this Dallas team is not the one which beat us (different coaching staff and only two players plus the db owner remain).

Lol the biggest douchebag from that Dallas series, Erick Dampier, is on Miami's roster. I am a bigger Dampier hater than I am a hater of Nowitzki/Terry.

14. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Looks like you can't take a hint and read some of my past posts for answers, nice.

Have you not been watching the playoff commentary? He's routinely compared to MJ and Bird by commentators. It's a joke. He couldn't hold either's strap.

If you're gonna give props, give props to teams that have won for the past decade...my response was to tinman's statement that we should emulate "winners." I simply have the same response for you. Show me the rings, Dallas.

Obviously I would still hate Dallas, regardless. The hypothetical situation was already brought up...and I already answered it.

There isn't some "deep dark secret" I'm locking away like you're making it out to be. I was very transparent in this thread, and since you lack reading skills, let me help you out again, since I don't want to type it for the third time.

People have their reasons, but honestly...you're gonna hate on the Thunder and Heat for FTs when Dirk went to the line 24 times in game 1? GO back to the 3rd quarter and tell me what's wrong there. At least in the ECF, they play D...likely why whoever makes it out of the East will most certainly beat whoever comes out of the West.

15. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

...and why exactly does a Houston fan cheer for The Mavs? Dirk? For their floppy players? For Terry's jet plane thing? Please.

Lebron went to Miami, oh noes! He is bad, must cheer for his defeat!

16. BleedRocketsRed

I never called for the people going for Miami to be banned from the fourms and I never implied that they are less of Rocket fans for doing so.

17. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Nor have I. I pretty much don't care who does it at this point, as long as Dallas loses.

18. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

There's no need to make personal attacks. I didn't attack you once in either of my posts and neither did anyone else.

It has nothing to do with reading past your post. The reasons you gave were: i hate the players, I hate the owner, i hate Dirk, I hate the city. None are really legit reasons, but it's your prerogative to hate everything about that team. I'm moving on...We're all rocket fans in our own ways.

We all have our preferences, and obviously you're biased against them. I prefer them over the thunder, because they are better offensive team than all three of the other teams. That's just more enjoyable for me. If you take away the free-throws, Dallas still has an elite offense. If you take it away from the Heat or Thunder...then its all over for them.

19. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

Never attacked you personally...didn't need to...and if you think I wasn't attacked in this thread, you didn't read it (not by you though).

Exactly. "Legit reasons" are for the individual to decide, which is what it boiled down to with tinman. I'm not trying to attack you, but if you simply read the thread, you'd see this conclusion has already been come to. If you view my hate as irrational, so be it. No hard felings, but as a Houstonian, I will always hate Dallas, especially when they give me that many reasons.

The Heat are beasting defensively. I favor the East right now particularly because they are making the ECF a defensive series.

20. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Heres another reason for ya'll

there in the finals