1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 4 pick or Bust!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Jan 17, 2021.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Towns-Beasley-Edwards should really win them some games. They are the only hope of us slipping into the top 3 odds. Detroit and Cleveland are bottoming out for sure

2. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Everyone overestimates our talent , our team is terrible!!!!

Nook and SamFisher like this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How is Cleveland bottoming out with CF god Jarrett Allen on the roster?!?!?

randerson and J.R. like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If the Rockets lose both games to the cavs they have a chance. If not and Wood comes back soon we are doomed lol

randerson likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets chances of top 4 pick are ridiculously slim, tank or not.

6. awc713

awc713 Member

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Damn. That's a harrowing sight to behold. Can't wait for the trade deadline to come sooner rather than later

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

With KPJ looking good at the point for the Vipers and Cade looking like he will go 1 overall I’m heating up to a guy like Jonathan Kuminga.

KPJ
    Armoní Brooks
    Kuminga
    JTate
    CWood

that would be a fun lineup.

sydmill likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

But this team is too good to tank!

Trackwell likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"worst case" is all mental.

Rockets can't do **** all to undo the Westbrook trade. It's over. Done. Forget about it.

They can maximize their balls and win/lose the lottery or minimize them and be more likely to lose the lottery.

They should do the former. A 29 win Rockets season is functionally no different from an 18 win one other than lottery odds. It's not going to attract free agents or whatever. So... increase them odds, beat Miami, that's all you can do.

Trackwell and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The Rockets second half schedule is absolutely brutal. March is brutal with the back to backs and April is almost all playoff teams. The Rockets will challenge for the worst record.

Htown Legend likes this.
  12. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

For sure. We are terrible. I don’t hear the other side now lol ?

gmoney411, Reeko and sydmill like this.
  13. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

We now have a Christian Wood problem. Dude could probably will us to a couple of wins on his own. They need to stretch that injury out as long as possible.

Trackwell likes this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Wood going out and losing this many games was definitely not something I anticipated. Tanking is not needed. This team sucks. What they need to do is trade every veteran with value and try to get some actual worthy youngsters. MPJ,Collins, or Herro would be ideal.

The team has 4 picks (Milwaukee 2022, Detroit, Washington and Portland) along with Oladipo, PJ, Eric, McLemore, and House to use to get one of those guys.

I would honestly be okay with a trade of 3 of those picks (Portland or Bucks pick stays) and all 5 of those guys just to get enough assets to entice Denver to deal MPJ. It would be a lot more palatable to lose with a young cornerstone than veterans who don’t have a future here.

xaos likes this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Amazing this team is this bad with vets and talent like Wall, Dipo, Gordon and Tucker. The shooting during this losing streak is so terrible.

Stone needs to trade all the vets he can and just play the young guys. I agree top 4 or bust.

sydmill likes this.
  16. sydmill

sydmill Member

The Rockets record is this bad through what is supposed to be the easy part of their schedule. They arent losing, they are often getting blown out. I am not sure that Wood changes that much when he returns. I would hope they would push his return to after the all star break since their is no reason for him not to be 100% but even if he comes back before he isnt going to cover for all the suckage that exists on the current roster.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

this team has given up on the season...not sure how much Wood would really change when team morale and camradery is as low as it is

and yeah, that 2nd part of the season has a bunch of L’s etched in stone

Trackwell and treyk3 like this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Congrats, I’m on your side now. I’ve entered into the acceptance period, denial lasted a while. The question becomes how much in return can we get with Oladipo, Tucker, Eric, Ben, Danuel. Hopefully the team can surprise you and get someone young and worthwhile.

dmoneybangbang and sydmill like this.
  19. sydmill

sydmill Member

After you accept that the ride (competing for a title) is over for now, the journey to return to that level opens up a world of possibilities. I started mining draft sites looking for diamonds in the rough the day after James was traded (my current one is Nah'Shon Hyland, check him out as a backup 1 who could mesh well with KPJ). Also, the G league has got several guys whose potential should interest a rebuilding Houston squad.

Also: https://tradenba.com/trades/R7x9f_Z16

Roc Paint, Trackwell and treyk3 like this.
  20. xaos

xaos Member

Great post

Trackwell and treyk3 like this.