1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 4 pick or Bust!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The only game I REALLY want to win in the first half of the season is the game on March 3.

HP3 and BossHogg713 like this.
  2. csc177

csc177 Member

Lol

BossHogg713 likes this.
  3. csc177

csc177 Member

Assuming that's against the Brooklyn All-Stars. We'll probably lose by 30 boss and 13 will have the best game of the season. Just the luck we're having at the moment.

Get through this season and recalibrate!

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I am sure Tate or Cousins will knock James out when he drives it in. We will lose by 29, James out with a torn eye socket for the year.

csc177 and Verbal Christ like this.
  5. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Amen ..... like I said from the jump. The number one priority right now is not great coaching ... we need great
    Scouting

Verbal Christ likes this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Dipo for Wiggins and #3. You can even swap them a Brooklyn first to get them to move that first. I think Warriors will want the flexibility of Wiggins bad contract Gone. You got to do this. Not only will Wiggins help you complete the tank get that #4 pick. I think this makes a bunch of sense.

Rockets drafting at #4, and #3 or even better in next years draft. You talk about getting a chance to bring in 2 good possible upcoming young corner stone players to put around Wood at Rookie scale contracts.

Also Rockets need to find homes for Gordon, Tucker, House, and Eventually they will have to rid themselves of Wall in 2 years.

7. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I'm positive that GSW would be interested in Victor, but the Minnesota pick for an expiring contract? They might give up their own first, maybe 1 more future or a 2nd if they want to dump Wiggins (which they may not, he's playing fairly well when not considering contract), but that's it.

Bo6, Sen89 and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. sydmill

sydmill Member

I have gotten my hopes up that the Rockets turn Dipo into a package from Miami which includes Precious Achiuwa. Achiuwa needs some seasoning (and it just so happens the Rockets could use a guy learning on the job this year anyway...) but he has the tools to be premiere power forward with some flexibility to play the 3 and small ball 5. 6'9''/235 with a 7'2'' wingspan (and a standing reach equal to Anthony Davis' as a rookie) who was dubbed one of the best athletes in the 2020 draft. Slot him in next to Wood and he can crash the boards and defend in the post or the perimeter.

https://tradenba.com/trades/4X9qiaPGZ

Bo6 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Watched Precious in college. I think his upside is Montrez type super-sub. Really don't think he will develop a decent 3-ball to be more.

luckyman76 and sydmill like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

OKC has done something that's never been done before and they haven't drafted a player of similar talent ever again.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

But this record isn't even all that rare.

If you look at any team's history of players drafted in the top 10 you are going to find 2-3 of them that turn out to be all-stars. It simply isn't that common an occurrence.

The best argument against it has been made because our team is made up of former top 10 picks lol. Ego, Wall, Cousins, these are guys teams tanked for...

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Warriors draft much better than we used to.

The lottery pick is begging to stay with the Worriers.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is a ridiculous statement given that the Thunder are theoretically only 12 years old.......a 12 year old franchise.

They haven't because they had some good records much like the Rockets.

Never say 'Never' and 'Ever' in life.

[​IMG]

Trackwell likes this.
  14. sydmill

sydmill Member

I was thinking Dale Davis like as a worst case if he doesnt further develop but Harrell isnt a bad comp. Regardless, if he is Harrell, having a 21 year old potential double double guy under contract at low money for 4 seasons sounds pretty good. And thats if he doesnt develop that elusive jumper.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Thunder are actually much older than that, they used to be the Sonic, like the Sonic team rolled over to the Thunder. They weren't an expansion team.

Again I really challenge people to look at any team's drafting history and look at every player they drafted in the top 10....this is the 'reliable' method people are advocating for.

16. JD88

JD88 Member

Draft picks are either A) for **** teams that can't attract free agents or B) trade bait.

I'd prefer we package picks and players for younger players instead of banking on drafting a home run.

17. JD88

JD88 Member

Where is OKC now?

Oh, you mean you want us to draft Draymond with a late pick? I bet you do. Bet you'd also like us to find an undervalued, falling in the draft superstar, like Curry. Me too.

For every GS you name, I can name you a half dozen teams who have been drowning at the bottom of the pool banking on drafting stars.

18. MadRox

MadRox Member

Exactly what I like to see, play on and just use picks as assets for trades. Because even with the worst record you still have 48% chance of getting the 5th pick, this aint the NFL unfortunately.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How does this all work if the season gets frozen/abandoned?

HP3 likes this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

montrezl on offense is a starting caliber player . It’s his defense that keeps him on the bench (as well as LAL depth )

6’9” PF with motor and midrange jumper used to be the prototype.

If you have a good mid-ranger you probably have a decent open corner 3 ball .

I don’t actually know anything about precious tho