1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 4 pick or Bust! Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Corrosion, Oct 18, 2021.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

are all these hyped kids even better than Jalen Green? I mean could they beat him playing one on one? lololololol

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Dukies that were drafted in the Top 3 in the past 20 years (All-Stars in bold):

2019 Zion Williamson, RJ Barrett
    2018 Marvin Bagley III
    2017 Jayson Tatum
    2016 Brandon Ingram
    2015 Jahlil Okafor
    2014 Jabari Parker
    2011 Kyrie Irving
    2002 Jay Williams, Mike Dunleavy

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Screw getting a top 4 pick we have enough FRPs with 4 this year.

DD

4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I'm not sure it's something we really have much of a choice in tbh dude, this team as currently built is going to get it regardless of whether they deliberately tank or not haha.

Plowman and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

That's where I'm at. This team needs as many pieces as possible. People may not be happy with the rebuild, but we're here nonetheless. May as well familiarize ourselves with the top talent in next year's draft.

Plowman likes this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I would be happy with any pick , if we get the spot our record deserves (or 1 or 2 spots away at most)

if we only have say , 12-15 wins, and end up with the 5 pick (we still only have a 50/50 shot at top 4 ) .. that would be pathetic .

we should not be trying to lose .

Fixating on certain players now is usually not sure forecast . It can apply even after a few years in the NBA .

If we end up with the 11th pick because we had nearly 30 wins it means someone (Prolly multiple someones) played Really well .

Thompson
    Kawhi
    GIannis
    Adebayo
    Booker
    Sabonis

these are some of the guys taken in range .
    I’d be very happy with a player that turned out like that ...Plus Keep in mind the internal improvement, and assets from other trades .

we have plenty of future value without needing to pray for Chet Atkins .

7. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Corrosion likes this.
  8. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

I can assure you - Chet will go number 1. But this draft has 5 or 6 studs in it again. And another 5 or 6 with a high Ceiling

We currently Are in the back three- with the highest lottery probabilities as possible

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Calm down , One fifth of the way thru the season and the Rockets are dead last and Silas is half way thru with his second fifth of gin.