1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Top 10 Second Round Picks of the Decade: Ariza #7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 8, 2009.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

people. people, whos luke walton's daddy..
    whos scola's daddy...nobody

2. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Wow got caught up in the moment there. Completely crossed my mind but now I remember Brooks was a 1st round pick. I guess I'm so used to everyone looking past him and not giving him enough credit.

3. luisantonio1014

Walton? Okur? Millsap? Kelly Dwyer must love the Lakers and Jazz. She must be a rockets hater too cause kinda bashed Ariza like she was forced to put him on her list.

A lot of bums on that list.

4. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

Where's Cuttino Mobley?

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It's about a year too late, but Cuttino Mobley should definitely be on that list.

Wasn't he almost the last pick in the second round when we drafted him? He's put up good numbers wherever he has been.

The game needs Cat back.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

(1) Kelly is a he, not a she
    (2) He definitely is NOT a Lakers fan
    (2) He's a member of this board and has written a number of favorable articles/blogs on Rockets players. I don't think he's a Rockets fan, per se, but he's certainly not a hater.

7. djnswdjn

djnswdjn Member

a man name kelly??
    thats even worse than a man name tracy...

ok, maybe not.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Mo Williams is pretty overrated but he still belongs on that list.

Also, is it too early to add this guy yet?? :)

[​IMG]

9. Seth

Seth Member

He might be in after a couple of seasons, as much as he complains about being a 2nd round pick, he has to embrace the rare chance to land on an stablished team, stacked with talent but with a great chance to get a lot of minutes, and back up (and learn from) 2 great players at his position both offensively and defensively that are going to be retired by the time his rookie contract expires.

If he buys that teams philosophy, works hard, and acknowladges the fact that he has been given a rare chance, he can became a great player, stablish himself in the league, and get a big payday in his next contract.

10. Strawman

Strawman Member

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I think this is actually quite a good list. I do believe Scola should have been on that list, and Luke Walton shouldn't be on the list.

For the people who only post the brilliant well formulated replies like the post above me. It might be a good idea to also add a little more to the discussion than "bad list" Why is the list bad, what would you change in the list who would you add who would you delete.

When you make a list such as this people will always complain, because not everybody has the same opinion on a player. For example some people think Iverson was a great players others think he was overrated. The same goes for every player in the nba.

The funny thing is that many posters who complain want players on the list who shouldn't be on the list, for example Brooks, which is a first round pick, or people who were drafted more than a decade ago.

Kelly it was a great list, I agreed with most of it. I would have added Scola, probably just above Millsap. but if you consider age Scola could also be at six or seven (below Ellis).

12. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Does Michael Redd actually have such a massive cranium, or is it just that camera angle?

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Wonder why all the hate on Luke Walton. Always like the guy, play decent D, does not hurt the team on offense and always move the ball well.

However, there are a few names that I like to put out other than what been posted so far that should have rank instead of Walton. Turiaf, Korver, Kapono, Blake and Eddie House

p.s. Aaron Brooks is selected 26th on the FIRST round.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Luke Walton, Varejao and Gasol have no business being on that list. Walton just isn't very good nor is Varejao and Gasol has not played long enough.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

how ginobili isnt #1 shocks me he was drafted in 1999 after all

16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Okur and Millsap are bums?

17. AXG

AXG Member

Cat was drafted in '98. The list only takes the last ten drafts from 2000-09.

18. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

monta should be ahead of all 3 jazz players at number 3

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Aaron Brooks was drafted in the 1st round, this article is a joke.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

This was not a good one Kelly.

Walton had one really good season in LA and another decent one. Other than that he hasn't done that much. He did not belong on this list. Mo Williams is the most glaring absence.