1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Too many ? surround the Rockets.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kracka0476, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

PG: Brooks, Lowry
    SG: Barry,White
    SF: Battier,
    PF: Scola,Landry,Hayes,Cook
    C: Dorsey

This is our starting line up as of now if you consider that Yao and Tmac will not be ready for the start of the season!!!!Also considering that Taylor and Buddinger are not signed yet. They could still be involved in trades. I think we are in really bad shape Morey is going to have to get something done in Free Agency

?Yao- He is just a big question mark to even play this upcoming season.
    ?Tmac- Sounds like were going to trade him but for what? We look really desperate now.
    ?Artest-How much does he want and do we need him now more than ever? Would Ron walk on us to go to another team if we can't give him a solid offer? I would say yes he is a crazy mofo after all.
    ?Wafer- If we don't resign Von does that mean we are keeping Buddinger or Taylor I could see one of these guys being involved with a trade ala Donte Green. I think we would keep one and my guess is Jermaine Taylor and James White fight it out in summer league to be the new Von.

I also wanted to know what is going to happen with Tmac and Yao's salaries since they both are probably not going to be playing most of next year. Do we have to honor there full salaries since there out or are we going to get a huge cap relief from them both being out from injuries? Maybe that could free up enought to aquire some pieces to ensure we can stay on our feet next year. (No pun intended)

Morey is going to have to something amazing. Marcin Gortat sounds like and looks like a great back-up Center. We now need a starting Center.

2. AB#0

AB#0 Member

When is Barry going to get waived ?

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Man, they'd be seriously undermanned for the July 2nd, 2009 home game against the Cavaliers. What the hell is Morey doing?

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

dude relax. its July 1, 2009. I could have sworn the season starts November 2009. Do you actually believe the roster is going to stay that way. Come on

5. Rocket86

Rocket86 Member

The off season just started and things can change drastically by signing a player or trading for one. Lets just trust the Rockets to do the right thing to remedy the situation.

6. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

I'm Just saying there is going to have to be some major moves coming if we want to get to the playoffs again next year and compete? What if some of those moves dont really come through as planned we already didn't do crap on draft day?

7. jagon24

jagon24 New Member

Free Agency just started today. Relax

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Then we all run to our mothers and weep? Or watch some basketball games.

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We need Star Players.

That's my biggest concern right now, we don't have any.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused:
    They're sitting next to a bunch of

[​IMG]s

????
    ^ no pun intended. :eek:

11. van chief

van chief Member

Von turned down the offer we made him so he's gone.
    Is Barry pretty much done too? If not you would throw him in the mix, but with the playing time he saw last season I doubt it would be significant

If we sign both Taylor and Buddinger our line up will probably look like this if we can or want to keep Ron.

Starters ___Backup, in no order

Brooks_____Lowry
    Artest _____Taylor
    Battier ____White
    Landry ____Hayes
    Scola ____Cook
    __________Buddinger
    __________Dorsey

We really need Gortat or someone like him to rotat through at Center/PF..
    Landry, Scola, Hayes, Gortat. Without him we will see a lot more Hayes, whom is great for what he gives you but we need more size.

I dont expect to see much of Dorsey with or withour Gortat.

if we dont get Artest back

Starters ___Backup, in no order

Brooks_____Lowry
    Taylor _____White
    Battier ____Buddinger
    Landry ____Hayes
    Scola ____Cook
    __________Dorsey

With or without Yao next season we need size and DM is going after the right guy...

12. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

Am I the only one wondering how Joey Dorsey made it into the starting lineup before training camp? :)

The REAL starting 5 without making any moves is pretty much the same starting 5 that took The World Champion's to the brink, minus of course Ron Artest, but he wasn't a factor in that series.

Honesly, I would let Artest walk and spread that money around. Look at what packages you could get for about the same money:

Keith Bogans
    Antonio McDyess
    Ronald Murray

You could probably get all 3 for a little more than what Artest's agent will be asking.

Guys you can throw the Veterans Minimum at incase of injury or to tutor your young players:

Anthony Carter
    Brevin Knight
    Jamaal Magloire

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You really think Dorsey would be the starting center?

14. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

Apparently the OP did. Why or how he came up with that is beyond me...

Most likely Morey will pay too much and sign Gortat. Though I still don't see how it improves the team that much.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I think everyone should just take a deep breath and relax. Morey knows what he is doing. The offseason started today! As far as Gortat goes, I think for you non-believers he will suprise you. He didn't get minutes because he was playing behind Howard. He plays pick and roll defense very well, has great lateral movement, aggressive rebounder and has good skill on the offensive side and plays hard. He fits nicely here.

16. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Solid post.

Morey knows what he is doing.

17. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

If you can read. I stated:

"This is our starting line up as of now if you consider that Yao and Tmac will not be ready for the start of the season!!!!Also considering that Taylor and Buddinger are not signed yet. They could still be involved in trades. I think we are in really bad shape Morey is going to have to get something done in Free Agency"

18. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

Im sorry man I really can't stay calm right now. We have no Center at the moment except Dorsey. We look so desperate right now its sick. Morey is out humping Gortat's leg right now to please join us.