1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Parker to the Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ditty, May 12, 2010.

1. Ditty

Ditty Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b..._available_new_york_knicks_could_be_will.html

The emergence of point guard George Hill this season and in the playoffs for the San Antonio Spurs could not have come at a better time for the Knicks.

With Donnie Walsh in the market for a point guard, there are reports that San Antonio would consider trading Tony Parker, who lost his starting job to Hill and has told close friends he and his actress wife, Eva Longoria, would love to relocate to New York.

"Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source, referring to San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."

Parker, who turns 28 this week, is under contract through next season and there are several factors that could prevent a trade from happening. With the Knicks having traded away their first-round picks for the next two years, they don't have many assets to trade unless they are willing to part with Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler, the latter of whom is recovering from offseason ankle surgery for the second time in two years. Of course, if the Knicks are willing to take on Spurs forward Richard Jefferson's salary, they would increase their chances of acquiring Parker.

Another scenario is the Knicks recruiting a third team to complete a deal. The Spurs, who were just swept by the Suns in the second round, want to get more athletic and are said to be interested in restricted free agent forward Rudy Gay.

2. conquistador#11

according to the media in ny, the knicks are going to have an all star at every position. They just don't get it. Players are not that into the knicks. It's no longer the 90s.

here is what tony really told eva longoria.

Tony P : When are you going to make some fried plantains?

Eva: What is that?

Tony P: You know, plantains, like what puerto ricans eat.

Eva: I'm not puerto rican.

Tony P: You're not? I thought you were.

Eva : No, I once said that when I go shopping in NYC, I get mistaken for Puerto Rican. God I love shopping in NYC.

1 person likes this.
  3. yo

yo Contributing Member

2 people like this.
  4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Does David Lee want to go to San Antonio?

5. Raven

Raven Member

This thread is so full of win. The Knicks are boned unless they can convince a super star free agent to sign with them for less money.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

According to Buford a few days ago, Parker was not going to be traded. If there is even a glimmer hope the NY media is all over it.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I could see something like this play out if nothing else materializes for NY. Parker and Jefferson to NY. NY gets a future first rounder from SA to take on their salaries. Then SA signs Gay and/or possibly Boozer.

8. BigTex

BigTex Member

i didn't realize Parker is only 28

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If I were the spurs I would trade parker if I could get lee. George hill, manu, Duncan, lee, and rj is a pretty solid team.

10. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I could see this trade going down...if Isaiah was running the Spurs.

11. arsenicbear

arsenicbear Member

Are you kidding me? The Knicks do not really have any pieces to offer the Spurs that they would want. David Lee is primarily known for his offense and not his post defense. What the Spurs really want is an excellent post defender/rebounder, which they are hoping to get this year with Tiago Splitter. George Hill had a spectacular season this season but is not ready to replace Tony Parker as the starting pg. If any of you watched the Suns series, Tony is still better at penetrating/scoring and dishing out than George Hill. I think this news is just idle speculation/bs.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lee is the only attractive asset the Knicks can trade for a player like Parker. I doubt that the Spurs would be interested.

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

misleading title.

but yeah, makes sense for the spurs i guess since they're so in love with george hill.

parker use to be unstoppable, especially during the that year they won the championship.

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

hahahaa

15. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

spurs need someone who can spread the floor like dano

16. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I thought he was like 25? Out of curiosity how old is Eva?

17. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Gee, I don't know. I really wish there was a way to figure that out...

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I would love to relocate to Manhattan too if I lived in a dump like San Antonio. Especially if I was a multi-millionaire.

19. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Time to rebuild for Spurs?

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I dont think Parker lost his starting job to Hill, he started some games because Parker was coming from an injury.