1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Kornheiser suspended from ESPN

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Feb 23, 2010.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Would Kornheiser have been suspended if he criticized the warddrobe of a man?It's not like he insulted her, personally. Just her clothing. It is almost insulting to women that this would be seen as such a grave offense.

2. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Disney Sports is a joke these days. If I watch it at all its NFL Live or PTI. There realy is no other reason besides specific games. I really wish Fox Sports would put together something quality. If not them maybe someone else.

On the topic, pretty stupid reason to suspend the dude.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Women wear r****ded looking belts. Oh, I mean, she's hot.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

She's got no curves.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

^^ field goal post.

6. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

lol, I must've been like 9 or 10 years old when she was hosting with Ahmad Rashad. I remember having the hotts for her (even though I didnt even really know what that meant at the time). Then they replaced her with Summer Sanders. What a let-down :(

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

calling out her age can be considered sexist imo.

anyway, this is funny, I think its funny they use Hannah in the Dwight Howard/Clark kent espn commercial as the lois lane. obviously some guys at the corporate level like her

8. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

is that really all he said. Thats funny

9. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Hey hey, u watch your mouth. Summer Sanders is not a let-down!
    She's no Willow Bay for sure(I loved me some Willow Bay as well) but Summer held her own. I wouldnt kick her out of bed if she found her way in. ;)

10. ferrari77

What people are you speaking of? Co-workers? Friends? I think most people(at least those I know and from what i gather those on here) know that it's just columnists giving their opinion. Even the so-called expert analysis from tools like Mark Schlereth, Chris Carter, incoherent wabblers like Shannon Sharpe et al aren't exactly greatness.

Anyways, just trying to say I think most of us here know what the shows are about and take them for what they are as opposed to expert analyses.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

It doesn't bother me at all that he was suspended. Her outfit was ugly, but there was no need to say what he did. And to bring up her age was just wrong. What he did was extremely unprofessional and if ESPN feels he deserves to be suspended I don't have a problem with it. I guess I'm the only one that feels this way.

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Why the fuss over bringing up her age?

I know it's a bit taboo with women, but it's not like a woman's age is some dirty secret that nobody should know. I don't think anybody is shocked to know that Hannah Storm is 47 (or whatever it was). Hell, her birthday is on Wikipedia.

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hannah?

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Who knows. Sounds like they are setting up precedent for letting him go altogther, dude's a tool anyway, imo.

I think it was insulting... but nothing I would think anyone would get suspended over. Still, if your job was looking good on camera, and you were a female who's getting on in years to some extent, this is the worst kind of commentary you could get next to being branded an idiot... maybe worse. Stick to sports, Kornball, then again... don't.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its okay for Bill Simmons on Page 2 to say Rasheed Wallace showed up this season "with 34Cs and love handles". But not okay to poke fun at her wardrobe.

It still did seem a little backhanded. His comments about Chris Berman werent any better. It makes it look like Kornheiser is not in the inner fraternity of ESPN.

If someone at your workplace wrote on the bulletin board that a female coworker dresses provocatively and crappy, and the assistant manager is basically a ****** who cant control his weight, and doing it on the clock, yeah he's gonna get reprimanded.

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Palindrome.

17. ferrari77

Yeah i think Deadspin stated that the Berman comments are what really led to the suspension cause Berman is technically a "made" guy at ESPN.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dude, if you keep talking about her, this is gonna get sent to the D&D, and NOBODY wants that. What? PalinDROME?? Ohhh.....nevermind.....carry on. ;)