1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony Kornheiser suspended from ESPN

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Feb 23, 2010.

1. RedRaiderRocket

There is only 2 shows I can actually watch on Espn without needing the mute button and PTI is one of them.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Regardless, throwing a coworker under the bus is generally not cool and will get you reprimanded in some form or fashion, even if you have a nack for doing that to other people who *aren't* your coworker.

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I'm struggling to think of the other...live NBA?

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

What if I enslave that secretary on the doorless, lightless side of my glory hole crawl space, as I would do with Hannah?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Then... you need to... raise... your... standards.

[​IMG]

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Truth be told, I'm a Willow Bay man. I'd like to be responsible for her inside stuff.

7. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

From a comment on that link, his jab at Chris Berman.

I loved that, Berman is a dumba$$!

The thing about his comments on Storm, big freaking deal, the suspension is lame.

1 person likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Skinny b****es win again!

Sternum bone=SO HOTTT!!

[​IMG]

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Of course she is gonna dress like a superhero. Her name is Hannah Storm.

10. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I use to be a HUGE PTI fan and still watch it a lot but Kornheiser's act got old IMO. I know his job is to talk about current events but watching him on MNF and only being able to talk about Favre really annoyed me.

11. Like A Breath

Like A Breath Member

The words "coworker" and "colleague" should be used very loosely...Kornheiser has never even met Storm. ESPN is so big that a lot of their biggest names have never even been within 1000 square miles of one another. Kornheiser pretty makes fun of everyone on his show and says things 100x worse about other TV personalities. ESPN are just being a bunch of politically correct dumbasses here.

12. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Nice. Great way to push me further away from ESPN, idiots. PTI is one of the ONLY watchable shows on their network. If it weren't for college sports and the NBA I'd probably never even turn on the channel anymore. It used to be my one and only channel.

Thanks god for podcasts and the intranet.

13. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Outties = NOT Hot

14. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

it looks like a micropenis, or that guy from shallow hal's tail.

15. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

As a fan of women anchors and especially of them wearing skirts with boots and/or heels, I can't say that I would really get upset with what Hannah is wearing here. Even though she is 47, she still looks great and she is obviously proud of her figure. With that being said, the red boots are a little too much. If she had worn black boots instead, TK probably wouldn't have commented.

I did read on deadspin that she was "supposedly" told to never wear the red boots again which is the 3rd piece of clothing she was told to "retire" (the other 2 being a red puffy shirt (think Seinfeld) and a Daisy Duke looking blouse/top).

16. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Hannah Storm loves the Houston Rockets though!

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2009/04/hannah_storm_literacy.php

17. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

These? Holy Christ, these are awful wardrobe choices. Why didn't Kornheiser speak out sooner! :mad:

I know she's from Houston and everything, but that doesn't mean she should show up on Sportscenter in the morning looking like she shops at Value Village.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

if you read the deadspin article it says it was more of his reference to chris berman, but take it for what its worth from deadspin

19. hjg877

hjg877 Member

I always find it amusing how people will talk about PTI and consider these guys experts. No doubt the show is entertaining, but let's be honest: these guys aren't expert. They're just columnists bringing their opinion to TV.

Of course it's never been advertised as "expert analysis" buy I do think too many people take it as such.

What really amazes me is how people can sit there watching Around the Horn, PTI, and SportsCenter without realizing it's all the same material recycled and re-hashed in slightly varying formats. Making "celebrities" out of attention-seeking columnists is so laughable.

20. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

The suspension has been announced. He will be suspended for 2 weeks.

Kornheiser Suspension Will Last Two Weeks
    Tony Kornheiser will not make his next appearance on ESPN until next month.

ESPN announced on Tuesday that Kornheiser will be suspended from Pardon The Interruption for the next two weeks, in the wake of his comments regarding SportsCenter anchor Hannah Storm's wardrobe.

In a statement, ESPN EVP of content John Skipper called Kornheiser's comments "entirely inappropriate." Skipper: "Hurtful and personal comments such as these are not acceptable and have significant consequences. ... Hannah is a respected colleague who has been an integral part of the success of our morning SportsCenter."

Last week, Kornheiser criticized Storm for her on-air wardrobe, calling it "horrifying" and joking that Storm was in a "Holden Caulfield fantasy."

Compared to other recent incidents involving ESPN personalities, Kornheiser's two-week suspension is longer than usual.

In 2008, ESPN suspended writer Jemele Hill one week for likening rooting for the Celtics to viewing Adolf Hitler as a "victim." Earlier that year, ESPN suspended ESPN First Take co-host Dana Jacobson for one week, after a foul-mouthed speech at a roast of Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic. In 2006, ESPN quietly suspended former NFL analyst Sean Salisbury for one week, after he photographed his genitalia and showed the image to co-workers.

Kornheiser has been co-host of Pardon The Interruption since 2001, and once served as a game analyst on ESPN Monday Night Football.

(ESPN)

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/2010/02/kornheiser-suspension-will-last-two.html