1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That's not his entire defense but character witnesses are used all the time by defense attorneys and they are not really random if they are people that have interacted with him in the same way.

I will agree that doing this in public is odd but I can see they need to have something considering how Buzzbee is making everything public.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You should debate law strategy in the George Floyd thread.

ElPigto and B-Bob like this.
  3. Major

Major Member

I agree in theory. But the fiipside is that he had weeks of anonymous accusations leveled at him, with new details daily. Even if they knew who the people were, they can't say anything about those accusers/victims without looking like a total *******. So they could either stay silent while Watson's destroyed in the media (they tried that for a few weeks) or do something like this. Was it helpful? Doubtful. Does it hurt him any though? Not really.

Pistol Pete, jiggyfly and BigM like this.
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

repent and then start for patriots week 8

B-Bob likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Because if it goes to jury, how things look will dictate the outcome. That’s pretty simple concept honestly.
    Reputation aside, it’s not a good look for his defenders to also not want to work with him. It’s not looking good for him getting away with any of this.

6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

He?

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

If it goes to court a lot of people will have forgotten about this PC or never knew it existed.

It's actually not a simple concept because different jurors will take that PC differently.

His defender has batted down that DM so what do you think about that.

Why the hell do keep talking about how it looks and I have repeated over and over again he is not getting away with all of this so what's your point?

None of what you said refuted any of my points in the post you replied to.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Why do you keep droning on with the semantics. You are hard core defending some pretty damning allegations and patterns.
    The pattern in itself is evidence and enough to rise as evidence in a criminal setting. Same as the Cosby trial.

Look, perception, intent. All of that is convoluted at this point. The more it piles up the worse it will be. Easy concept.

And his defendant came out and said her words were misconstrued. Not that she didn’t say she wouldn’t work with him.

RockFanFirst likes this.
  9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yes they evidently did since none of them “divorced” him before like you said. And hell Nike still is contemplating things since they only “suspended” their sponsorship. If things were too far gone, they would have cut ties long ago. Like I said, don’t think it’s a coincidence that moves were made after this particular PC vs the last 2-3 Buzbee has held.

Yes I think he absolutely does. A big part of his “defense” thus far was Buzbee not releasing any of the accusers information, whether privately to them or publicly. Well now Buzbee has, he for sure has to change tactics, something I’m sure he was prepared for.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What semantics?

When have I defended anything?

Why do you keep trying to paint me a defender of Watson or the allegations, please give an example or STFU.

Everything is an allegation do this point there is not actual fact pattern and you saying that shows where your bias is.

The defendant gave a reason why she would not work with him again but you left that out and it had nothing to do with these allegations according to her.

Why are you so hellbent on believing everything from the Buzzbee camp?

I am getting really tired of misconstruing my intent in all of this.

My biggest issue is with Buzzbee tactics and people acting like paying of this women will somehow make all of this go away or could have made it all go away.

So get bent if you think I am here to defend Watson or the allegations.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

Where the hell did you get that from, you are just making stuff up now.

That makes zero sense Hardin defense was Buzzbee not releasing any names.

Really?

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Why are you so hell bent in believing everything out of the Hardin/Watson camp?

Why are you so hell bent on discrediting any information that comes out against him?

Why do you respond to any person in here that thinks this looks bad?

Why do you argue just to argue?

It was just confirmed on 610 that these women can be used as pattern witnesses in a criminal case. There’s no bias, I’m repeating what a lawyer just said.

You are fighting Buzbees tactics, which basically means you don’t believe these women and are defending Watson. The only bias is from you.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Also, stop getting emotional. Your boy is going to pay in some way.
    Accept it and stop being a b****.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh I get it, and I know it's not the whole strategy, y'all. It's just sad.

Like... they can't even find an equivalent number of non-alleged-abuse masseuses as alleged-abuse masseuses. :oops:

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm trying to play my way in with impressive posts in this thread. Kinda like trying to show off in the JV thread.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

How much of that is semantics, though? Like, I get what you're saying, but if he's guilty of solicitation, aren't these girls admitting to prostitution in that sense? What a messy deal....

Pistol Pete likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If he can’t come out and deny that he did anything with the accusers, what good does it do to have others saying he wasn’t shady?

I think the defense strategy would have helped if he issued a blanket denial that all these claims are false. The fact that he didn’t do that is what is bothering people right now, and yes the other women coming forward don’t really help without a denial.

one could argue that by exposing this as the only defense strategy does hurt him vs either being silent (or issuing said denial).

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

What are the charges?

Watson is a creepshow but how much of it is tangible jail time?

With that in mind I expect him back on field quite soon.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The girls that agreed to finish him then regret it later, yeah those were acts of prostitution, regretful or not. The girls that declined, but had him expose himself, air hump, or push his dong on to them, those did not prostitute themselves while he did solicit.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  20. raining threes

Facts are

1. I fully trust who told me this

2. Like I said before, you can choose to believe what I've heard or not. I truly dont give a crap what you think.