1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Hard to listen to BUT doesn't mean he's guilty! Let's let this play out

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was thinking the same thing but it seems that any unwanted touching and especially with a penis is sexual assault.

Now it still he she said and we have to see how that stacks up in a court of law, especially civilly but it's the right description.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And how does settling help him?

Will that remove the scum bag label?

UTSA2step likes this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I feel bad that it happened to the women regardless if it was consensual or not, Watson did this to himself by going to these places where he could of been touched my men of the team, Texans. I'm curious if these women who filed charges are singles, have financial stability, or mentally stable? During the pandemic, most people were home and bored. Seeing the recent P.Pierce (who is married) video, it doesn't surprise me with so many accusations. Deshaun has/had a nice looking partner.

UTSA2step likes this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

It will not, that will stay with him forever. Part of me thinks that if he gets out in front of this, claims he has a problem and will get help, apologizes and is contrite he can settle and put this behind him and move on........but its probably just my emotion talking and wanting him to get out of town and move to a new team

jiggyfly and UTSA2step like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't think he can ever get this behind him if he settles just to many cases and he can fight this and still do the other things like apologize and seek treatment.

He made his bed and has to lie in it, will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

likestohypeguy, Nook and ROCKSS like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure what his definition of utmost respect is, considering that nothing about any of the claims sounds like a respectful client.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Polygraph's are a pseudo science and have very little value.

ElPigto, King1 and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Nook

Nook Member

So these are the photo's of the women claiming that DeShaun Watson did not do anything sexually inappropriate with them..... Rusty better be careful not to call all these women to testify because the jury will be able to figure out really quickly why Watson was a complete gentleman.

11. Mattician

Mattician Member

Yeah. Looks/sounds like he had legit massage sessions with some.

But he tried to see what he could get with the more good looking ones.

BigM likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And there it is, he is going after the Texans.

Makes me think he thinks he knows something and hopes they will settle before it all comes out.

phasors28 likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Hardin doesn't think people will dig beneath the surface. The 18 names are enough for people that really want to believe Watson to have something to grab onto.

It is all a big PR game at this point.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  14. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Sounds like Buzbee maybe
    Sounds like he’s playing Chess and his opponent is Cal. Good luck Cal!

15. Nook

Nook Member

LOL This was obvious from the very first filing..... he purposely mentioned the Texans and the NFL.......

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Lol this is funny.

17. Major

Major Member

Settling only works if you can settle all (22?) of them - and no more are coming. If you settle 21 but the 22nd still goes to trial, all the bad still happens without the benefit of getting past this to whatever degree possible. And that means whoever he settles with last / holds out the most has infinite leverage. I'm not sure Watson has much choice here but to go to forward and see how things play out? Settling also doesn't solve any potential criminal stuff.

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Crazy stuff. I think "trafficking" is a stretch in this instance, but if Buzbee is somehow managing to tie that to the Texans, can the league force the McNairs to sell?

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Going after the Texans is a big deal, and just a short step beyond that (and he's already laying the groundwork for this in the lawsuits filed) is the NFL and the culture the NFL encourages. I'm wondering if THAT noise is what forces Goodell's hand and he ends up suspending Deshaun now or at minimum puts him on the suspended with pay list (Exempt list?). He's got damage control to do as well.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I would not assume that he has limited himself to the Houston Texans. His initial pleadings also contain the NFL and they encouraging and aware of poor behavior by their athletes in the culture of the game.

He can always pull back his claws against the Texans and the league if it isn't going anywhere..... but right now he is fishing for anything credible to implicate the league and the Texans. He clearly (like other prominent trial lawyers) hungers for attention and the spotlight..... he isn't unique like that, Rusty Hardin the same.... but this is his "play" to become a well known name.

Hardin doesn't really give a **** about Watson, and Buzbee doesn't really give a damn about these women.... this is ALL ego and fame and money for these guys, and it is something that they "just do" because it fills a need deep inside them. My guess is Rusty always wanted everyone to like him and Buzbee didn't get enough attention from his mother..... whatever it is, it is all an exercise for them.