1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Plus there is less political pressure for the Harris County D.A. to bring charges against him if he is still this town's franchise quarterback.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. likestohypeguy

When he said he sent it Monday, "shipping label created"

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Someone needs to tell Buzbee it's not neccessary for him to act like a jackoff to prove some other guy is a jackoff addict.

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yes

6. Damion Laverne

butt stuff, butt stuff

DE-SHAUN LIKES BUTT STUFF

butt stuff, butt stuff

GIVIN' HIM THE FINGER

Nook likes this.
  7. mario_v

mario_v Member

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I don't think keeping the contract is his biggest concern now or afterwards. If he settles as one would expect he would eventually, and the Texans choose to terminate his contract on the moral clause bs (which they won't), the NFL suspends him for half a season or a season, whichever, you better still believe there will be some teams eagerly awaiting his return and with a contract in hand. There won't be as many as there were in the trade conversation this year but I think one can assume the Bears front office would run faster than a WR doing the 40 at the combine just to get to Deshaun and offer him a contract. Won't be a contract that makes him one of the highest paid but they would still run to him. And I don't think the majority of Bears fans would have a problem with that considering Deshaun would immediately be the best QB they've ever had in that uniform( with respect to the "great" Jay Cutler and Jim McMahon).

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...says-deshaun-watson-forced-her-to-sign-a-nda/

While nothing on the form is filled out, it has the name Deshaun Watson typed in at the top.

But Wice calls the document that sources say Watson sent to one of the massage therapists, “amateur hour.”

“With all due respect, it appeared to me that someone merely downloaded a standard non-disclosure agreement off of the Internet or maybe they went to NDAs R’ Us. Nothing stands out about this NDA,” Wice said.

According to sources, after the massage therapist returned the form to Watson, she asked Watson for a signed copy of the non-disclosure agreement she had signed. Watson only provided her a blank document without her or Watson’s signatures.

“There is no law that requires it, but I would think that as any competent ethical lawyer you would want to make sure that you had a copy. The only exception being if at the end of the day there is something not quite kosher about it. Maybe you don’t want that extra signed copy circling,” he said.

The woman accuses Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct, if that proves true, Wice says a non-disclosure agreement would not hold up.

“It is a matter of Texas law that you cannot induce someone to sign an NDA if the conduct that you are seeking to insulate is unlawful or illegal,” Wice said.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1410 J.R., Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Houstunna likes this.
  11. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That looks like a Jim Adler ad.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't see how teams would be eagerly awaiting to sign a black guy who settled a sexual assault case and that contract will be far less than the contract he has now.

I think a lot of you are underestimating the impact of him settling with this kind of case and the blowback of signing him in the me too era.

This is not about Bears fandom it's about the entire city of chicago and the midwest.

How many hashtags and think pieces would be written.

13. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

How relevant is this? I'm not sure exactly what this means....

ferrari77 and Zen Tabak like this.
  14. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

If he were a black woman, he'd be out there quarterbackin' the next day!

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. Fantasma Negro

I love how the people trying to defend Watson (twitter, radio, Shannon Sharpe) are scared to denigrate his accusers but will liberally malign the lawyer representing them, still have yet to comment on Deshaun's manager admitting that Watson solicited sexual favors from a masseuse along with what appears to be a pattern of solicitation equipped with code words.

Nook likes this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's relevant all people are judged equally especially when it comes to sex.

Not gonna get into a race debate in here but IMO it will be a factor.

18. primtim24

I hear you, sex is definitely important, and I get where you're trying to go. I just think in this particular instance the fact that there's more than 20 women claiming Deshaun is a sexual predator is probably the factor he needs to worry about.

Because in the NFL, more so than any other league, talent tends to win out over most everything else...

Getting back to it. I think Deshaun, now that he's admitted that there was in fact sexual contact with multiple masseuses, must have come to the realization that he left some bread crumbs. And that the defense of "always being professional during massages" was going to be easily shot down...

ferrari77 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Having sex with these types of masseuse does not mean it was not professional.

Houstunna and Htown Legend like this.
  20. primtim24

But that's the problem with the "I'm always a professional" defense.

Because if these women are "those types of masseuses", then he has to admit that he solicited them strictly for sex. If they're not "those types" then he has to admit that he "took it there" with a professional masseuse.

And for the record, not all of the women making these accusations were unlicensed, massage therapists. Some of these women (at the beginning) were licensed, and had lots of experience, and even worked in Massage Parlors. So he better get his story together, because this has gotten to the point where it's going to be very difficult to get out of this.

He's going to have to ultimately have to assassinate his own character by either admitting while in a relationship he solicited women for sex and they knew what this was or by admitting that as a man in a relationship, it started off professional then "One thing led to another". Either way, the damage has been done, and his only goal should be staying out of jail.

ferrari77 likes this.