1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

DeShaun "Who Let These Hoes In My Room?" Watson.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. conquistador#11

So what do the Steelers have to offer?

Crazy how very little support the masseuse is getting on the twitters. I say say it's 50/50 she is telling the truth 100% or some variation of it. She should have those dms to shift things in her favor. Shoot, I keep emails from 2000. The timing is still fishy and presenting it the way buzbee did is doing a disservice to the masseuse. And why would someone like buzbee include the entire nfl as culture that promotes sexual assault.

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Bringing her case to Buzbee is also another indicator. Since when does he take on cases like this? Never. That's not his legal MO.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rusty is gonna destroy Buzbee and I'd love to watch it live.

desihooper likes this.
  7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

OK, how's this for "reality": The Texans sign Tyrod Taylor at QB and suddenly on that same day this story breaks. Very suspicious timing IMO. Now, there is NO police report of assault. NO criminal investigation at all. There is nothing in Watson's history that even suggests that he is capable of this kind of behavior - this isn't Ezekiel Elliott or Jameis Winston we're talking about here. Guys who do this sort of thing have a certain mindset that they can do whatever they want with a woman and you can go back into their past and find instances of improper behavior toward women. Not so with DeShaun. Also, her "attorney" (who just so happens to be close to the McNair family) allegedly tries to get a six figure sum of hush money from Watson that would make these "allegations" go away and only goes public when Watson's camp refuses.

Again, he chooses to do so on the same day they sign Tyrod Taylor (nice guy but total spare at QB). Hmm. Now, had Watson actually done something that he'd need to keep quiet, he would simply pay the money and require Buzbee's client sign an NDA and that would be the end of this. After all it worked for DJT over and over again. To let it go public in this manner only to end up settling later would be a tacit admission of guilt which would just about kill his value in the league. While I believe that Watson is simply too smart to jeopardize his career (and millions of $$$) in this manner, I am also of the opinion that the Texans' organization is actually stupid enough to pull a stunt like this because they are run by arrogant, self-righteous and self-serving dimwits much like their idol the former POTUS.

Rileydog and charlieaustin like this.
  8. mightybosstone

I try not to make assumptions of guilt or innocence in cases like this, but I'm inclined not to disregard someone's claims in any sexual assault case. I don't think women go out of their way to make bogus claims like this that could bring them a ton of negative attention if there's zero truth to it. Assuming there is, then I really wished she had gone to someone other than Buzbee, given his history with the McNair family in the past. I agree that I think going through him gave doubters more ammunition to question her motives and the honesty of the allegations.

If you're Caserio and McNair, this gives you another reason to move on from Watson, whether he's found innocent, this gets settled or not. But you have to wonder how much the lawsuit and the timing of it hurts his value. I wonder if the market for him will shrink, or if the same interested teams will just start including fewer picks and assets in any proposed deals.

9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Hardin v Buzbee will be a better game than anything the Texans are going to play anytime soon.

10. Mr. Space City

Reading the claim makes it look even worse for the accuser. Classic money grab / extortion. Yeah believe women. but there are women that are shiesty enough to use the #meetoo movement for their own personal gain.

Athlete ask for a groin massage (which is a completely normal request for athletes), she declines, and he left. "Sexual assault" lol.

Dopamine likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Buzbee has NO Close ties to the McNairs. That is **** he made up. Busby's settlement offer was days before Tyrod Taylor signing. Free Agency just happen to start on Tuesday.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yep. That's where this will live or die. If they have the receipts, it's game on. If they don't, it's all a big bluff.

desihooper and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Rusty Hardin vs Tony Buzbee...all we need is Jim Adler to complete the holy trinity...

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

The Texan's offseason has been way more interesting than their season.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lawyering up with the G.O.A.T.! Get the Mayor on his side as well; probably no love lost there re: Buzbee.

Also, do us a favor, Rusty, broker a peace with the Texans while you're at it. Send the bill to them boys on Kirby.

#117 desihooper, Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

When does baseball season start?

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Easterby’s departure comes at a time when the organization is reeling from team owner Robert Kraft facing charges in Florida for soliciting prostitution. Easterby felt his time with the team had run its course, and the Kraft situation does not sit well with him, according to league sources. Easterby retweeted a message from Saints tight end Ben Watson last Friday about the “entrenched evil’’ of human trafficking.

:D

20. SuraGotMadHops

Now that I have read the lawsuit, I see zero reason for a pro athlete to seek out his own massage therapist on Instagram unless he's trying to get some booty. An athlete with his resources can get whatever treatment he needs from the team, or his camp could seek and hire the best and most reputable therapists to do house calls. Why in the world would Watson, on his own, slide into a girl's DM's that has little experience and her own small start up parlor she runs out of her home?? Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm

Not saying he did what she is accusing him of, but overall that's just a stupid move on Watson's part, you just open yourself up to liability.

Some of these players are straight idiots.

phasors28 and desihooper like this.