1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Your whole modern women "weren't raised to be wives" is so caveman like thinking that I can't grasp it.

My wife can cook and clean just fine. It's just that we choose to share the cleaning chores. I guess I wasn't "raised to be a husband".

Thanks to the work she put in and the work I put in, she was able to "retire" in her 40s and I was able to retire before 60. But, even when I was working and she wasn't, we still shared the housework.

I'm still not sure where these "most women" comment comes from. In my age group most women I associate with want(ed) to be actively working. Also, the women in the generation before me that I associat(ed) with wanted to work.

Dopamine, Nook, Xopher and 2 others like this.
  3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

oh buzz off!

J.R. likes this.
  4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think giving massages and getting j*zz baths from pro athletes is more feminine

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

This is just weirdly wrong, from my (no wife but multiple multi-year ex, and shorter-termers) experience, especially the current one.

We cook (70/30ish, it changes, there can be only one chef at a time, other is the helper), we clean (I move furniture while she sweeps and mops, we dust, we do dishes and laundry), I fix **** (other than "hand me that" or "hold this" or "watch this", no help, but she's learning). She's a good helper with yardwork and gardening. And reminding me that she's working at the hospital at 2pm or 2am while I'm drinking beer and watching March Madness this weekend.

Bingo.

mightybosstone likes this.
  6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

If a grown man has to do these chores, then you aren't giving your wife what she needs in the bedroom.

The_Conquistador doesn't even know how to do dishes. Literally don't even know how.

GOOD DAY

JumpMan and Houstunna like this.
  7. Raven

Raven Member

Mistreating women? Thread title is misleading.

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  8. mightybosstone

I'm not the one pushing the narrative. You're the one who, completely unprompted, felt like it was necessary to demean and disrespect half of the world's population. It's unsulting to not only them, but to me, who has loved, lived with, worked with and had tremendous respect for so many women in my life who do not fit your insulting depiction of them in the slightest.

If you can't possibly imagine why your line of thinking might prompt outrage in an internet discussion (which it has nothing to do with, mind you), then you're as dense as you are ignorant.

But that's all I need to say on the topic. It's clear your mindset on women isn't going to change, and I feel bad for your significant other. I hope you treat her better than you treated her entire sex in this discussion. But I didn't come to a sports forum to lay out my entire life to strangers, and I shouldn't have to explain how to respect women to a 41-year-old manchild who thinks he's God's gift to women.

You have a great day. I'm going back to talking sports.

Red.Glare, jiggyfly and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You can be like my father who by 50 still didn't know how to operate a laundry or washing machine and watched cable news all day when he wasn't doing his computer engineering desk job to the point were by that age it took him 30 seconds to get out of a sofa.

That's how I imagine every male here who thinks household chores are only for women.

Dopamine, Nook and mightybosstone like this.
  11. fchowd0311

People who are stating that they are suspicious of why these women only are doing civil law suits rather than pressing charges need to understand that the bar for criminal prosecution is "beyond a reasonable doubt" and that unfortunately is almost impossible to meet with these type of allegations that don't involve excessive violent rape where there is copious amounts of physical evidence such as bruises and damage in the genatilia area. It's all "he said, she said" at that point.

mightybosstone likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The confusion is you were spouting statistics and saying stuff like you had personally lived them and now you are saying its stuff read or picked up in others conversations?

Yes I have heard and read conversations but I don't repeat those things as if they were gospel and denigrate a entire gender.

#1092 jiggyfly, Mar 23, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Women still have children?

Do you not know how babies are made?

There is a man involved in that equation as well.

Nook likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wow, this thread got even uglier, and not because of extra lawsuits.

On topic, lots of smoke here for no fire. For me, it's gone from looking weird to "uh oh."

Nook, cmoak1982 and jiggyfly like this.
  15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Excuse me. My physical fitness is as impressive as my mental fitness, and almost as impressive as my sexual fitness. If there were an Olympics held for successful men of industry, I would be the gold medalist.

GOOD DAY

Houstunna likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Trolling fail.

Nook likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Excuse me, I doubt that. Show pics of your gains.

Nook likes this.
  18. Xopher

Xopher Member

I'm sure this can all be confirmed by your doctor, Ronny Jackson.

Nook and Red.Glare like this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. fchowd0311

So Watson doesn't have to voluntarily sit out.