1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

So basically this is a he-said-she-said that can never be corroborated.

This isn't going to court. Regardless of what happened, this is a "pay me to make this go away" suit.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Mashing

Mashing Member

Agreed. That is a textbook definition of sexual harassment (not assault). This should be handled outside of the courts. Assault is another matter entirely if that turns out to be the case.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah, no.

4. conquistador#11

Why do I always read these releases at a slow speed.
    Great day to be a Texans fan.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh wow, the allegations are even more lame than I thought they'd be.

Plowman and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

This.... doesn’t seem like ****.. an nfl player asked for a groin massage? Not uncommon. I seriously doubt he straight up asked her to grab his dick. “Hey can you massage my lower abdomen and my groin?” Dudes a professional athlete. I doubt he went to an Asian spa on Chimney Rock lol. Dude can have any chick he wants basically...

This isn’t a Robert Kraft situation. This is a publicity stunt. I doubt it’s coming from Deshaun’s camp or the McNair camp. This seems like a buzbee publicity attempt and a way to make Deshaun’s life a little bit harder for a few weeks. It is an opportunity for Cal to stand behind his player- but he won’t with Easterby in his ear. It’s gunna be up to Nick to stand firm on his valuation of Deshaun. Teams are going to try to lowball based off of this BOGUS accusation.

7. showa13

showa13 Member

The soap opera continues!(needed something to hold me over till Friday) This to me is either an attempt by Buzbee to make Deshaun's life hell, or it's truly an attempt by Cal and the Easterbunny to win Deshaun back by throwing 100% support behind him. I wouldn't put it pass them to be attempting the latter.

BigShasta and Sooty like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Definition of frivolous by a shady lawyer who has no standing. He offered Deshaun a 6 figure "settlement" before the lawsuit.

This stinks of Jack Easterby.

charlieaustin likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

“...Licensed massage therapist who works from her home. Watson solicited plaintiff for a massage at her house in March 2020. During the massage session, Watson assaulted plaintiff by touching her with his penis.”

“Prior to the scheduled session, Watson described what he was looking for. He told plaintiff that he wanted a massage for relaxation and that he was not seeking the typical sports massage.”

“Via text, Watson asked plaintiff if she was “comfortable with certain areas [his] organization is making [him] get worked on.”

“Watson specifically asked plaintiff if she was going to be alone at the house when he arrived, which gave plaintiff some pause. Specifically Watson said “Am I expecting to see someone else there. It is just you.””

“Before the massage started, plaintiff left Watson alone in the massage room for a few minutes. When plaintiff came back into the room, Watson was lying on the massage table completely naked with only a small towel covering his groin area. Watson brought the small towel himself.”

“When plaintiff entered the room, Watson then began to aggressively dictate how he wanted the massage to be performed. Watson emphasized to plaintiff that she not use her knuckles or elbows during the massage. Instead, Watson told plaintiff she was only to use her hands. And Watson repeatedly stated that he wanted her focus to be on his groin area.”

“About twenty-five minutes into the massage, and despite attempting to be appreciative and accommodating to his conduct, due to Watson’s comments and behavior, plaintiff began to feel extremely uncomfortable. It became apparent that Watson wanted a massage for only one reason—sex.”

“As she was trying to figure out how to extricate herself from the situation, Watson continued to aggressively attempt to steer the conversation to how plaintiff was not rubbing him the way he wanted. Several times he specifically kept trying to direct her to his penis. At one point, he purposely exposed the tip of his penis from under the towel. Watson was at this point fully erect and moved his body so he could expose himself more. As a result of his moving of his hips, Watson purposely touched plaintiff’s hand with the tip of his erect penis.””

“In response to her asking him to leave and her crying, Watson stated “I know you have a career and a reputation, and I know you would hate for someone to mess with yours, just like I don’t want anyone messing with mine.””

“Later, Watson reached out to plaintiff via text message to apologize for the incident. Plaintiff did not respond to this apology. A few weeks later, plaintiff received direct messages on Instagram from two other NFL players, saying they had been recommended to her by “Big D” and that they would like to use her for a massage. Plaintiff figured that “Big D” referred to Watson. These messages disturbed plaintiff. It was clear to plaintiff that Watson failed to understand how his behavior affected her.”

“Although plaintiff seeks minimal compensatory damages, it it to be noted that plaintiff has suffered mental anguish as a result of Watson’s behavior. Even though she was always professional with Watson, as she has been with every client, she at times blames herself. Plaintiff has suffered from panic attacks. She further suffers from depression and anxiety. Plaintiff also has difficulty sleeping. She is seeking counseling.”

“Plaintiff made a good faith effort to resolve this matter prior to the filing of this lawsuit. Plaintiff respectfully demands a jury trial and hereby tenders the appropriate fee.”

“Plaintiff hereby requests and demands that Defendant WAtson preserve and maintain all evidence pertaining to any claim or defense related to the incident made the basis of this lawsuit, including but not limited to communications, electronic data, mapping data, and location data.”

#91 J.R., Mar 17, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  12. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Reads pretty bad but let’s see what he and his team come back with.

Separately, what if this lawsuit is a way for the Texans to try and void his contract?

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

They'd be stupid to let him walk for nothing. The laughingstock of the league. They'd have to win the Super Bowl to save face.

Nook likes this.
  14. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Probably a general denial at first. They still have to serve him. But if they can convince enough of the fan base that he’s guilty then the Texans can reset, otherwise completely lost the fan base.

If this does infect go back to Easterby/McNair it’s plain bad **** crazy.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Except that McNair is simply too much of an imbecile to come up with something like this.

DonkeyMagic, TWS1986 and Htown Legend like this.
  16. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I just can't even absorb this, on top of all the shenanigans leading to this. Guess Easterburry was right to call his mom. You boy is doing some naughty stuff.
    Just kidding on the last part.

17. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I don't believe this at all. Totally frivolous.

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I wasn't that worried about this until I learned it was Buzbee. That's not some small time attorney trying to make a name for himself. Buzbee is the real thing. This isn't going to just go away unfortunately.

How is it that EVERY SINGLE THING that touches Houston sports magically turns to ****?

Plowman, cmoak1982 and TWS1986 like this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

DeShaun 'Just the Tip' Watson

20. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Text messages should be easy to prove right?

raining threes, King1, Nook and 4 others like this.