1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The ole Quarteback sneak...........

jiggyfly, Bandwagoner and brosef like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's done; no coming back from this

3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

True, and that's the only reason the women have ANY chance of getting any form of justice.....and it's the reason Watson would have chosen these kinds of women to abuse, there was a reasonable expectation of being able to get away with it because none of them could have mounted this kind of legal challenge on their own.

He established a pattern of using his fame, wealth, and relative power to abuse small time masseuses. Unfortunately for him, it's all becoming public knowledge.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If these encounters are legit, and no actual "assault" was done, he would be wise to admit he has an addiction, seek help, and he'll eventually be accepted again.

If he goes the denial route, and all it takes is saved phone records or video surveillance at these "offices" to disprove him, he could definitely be in a permanent uphill battle.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

What evidence would you need to believe these women? Beyond their (eventual) testimony, theoretically.

7. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Who says there is no evidence? No criminal charges?

Last I read he was submitting the evidence today too a grand jury

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My guess would be that it would take them seeing a tape of Watson sexually assaulting the women, while the women are all holding 2 forms of government issued ID, while a police officer was there, while 4 or 5 of their buddies were there all taking notes, and Watson's grandmother was there to confirm his identity.

Barring that, they'll call the women lying whores and defend Watson to the death.

Nook and txtodd like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

video or text messages that show Watson clearly apologizing for assaulting them. Hell, even a dick pic or sexual text message where he mentions his penis would suffice. Something that can’t be misconstrued as simply “Im sorry If I made you feel uncomfortable”. That line is just way too broad to be viewed to an admission of sexual assault.

he could have farted while getting a message. That could make someone uncomfortable

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/22/nfl-free-agency-tv-deal-fmia-peter-king/

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think we can firmly say what camp you're in. Some on here have chosen to acknowledge the obvious bad actions of Deshaun in seeking masseuses for whatever personal reasons but we also realize in this country, one is to be considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Wouldn't it make more sense to let things play out first before jumping into conclusions as to who is innocent and who is guilty?

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Do you remember what legal fees Harden was paying for? I forget or I just didn't pay attention to issues Harden was involved in.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

dis dude is into some different stuff

[​IMG]

BigShasta and jiggyfly like this.
  14. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Case closed then :rolleyes:

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It’s hard to know where all this ultimately goes, but I can’t imagine Deshaun playing in the immediate future. I’m guessing that he will land on the commissioner’s restricted list for a while, pay a fine, maybe plea down any criminal charges if they are brought, and play somewhere else in 2022. I mean, it’s too early to know for sure, but that’s my hunch. It’s going to be very hard for him to ever fully recover from all of these allegations, people will always wonder now even if they aren’t true. The whole thing just really sucks all around for everyone.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

He will settle out of court and nobody will care in 5 years.

17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

No idea what’s true yet. But I think (and there is no way for deshaun to admit this without seeming guilty) Watson just wanted a hot masseuse to massage him. Not inappropriately, but just a hot woman giving him a massage. Hence the Instagram searching. And I could be totally wrong. I just think he was doing that. And when one came forward a ton followed. But hope they find the truth.

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

My phone notifications are literally a battle between Buzzbee filing another suit and Caserio signing another rando..

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I doubt that even someone with terrible judgment would be dumb enough to text, "I'm sorry I assaulted you". And what if he wasn't sorry at all?

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Watson has lost any public sympathy he might have gotten for holding out.

Not being transparent with Watson or not involving him in decisions looks insignificant next to what Watson is accused of.

Nook likes this.