1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The 20+ women have to be lying, after all, Watson is a good football player and he's managed to reduce his tax liability in some very noble ways in the past. Clearly it's all a conspiracy and he never did nothing to nobody.

.....and people like this are exactly why so many people get away with sexual assault and why women wouldn't want to go public with their experiences.

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Her ‘manager’ acts an awful lot like a pimp.

Nook, NotInMyHouse, Sooty and 4 others like this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the multiple allegations thing cuts both ways

you could argue that multiple accusers makes the accusations more credible

but I can also see a false accuser thinking they are likely to cash in if others are already making a claim (similar to a class-action lawsuit)

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Whole lot of allegations with zero evidence. If Watson is guilty then he's scum but without the evidence, this will go nowhere. Rusty will not settle and if the NFL comes back and doesn't find evidence that will be enough for them to allow Watson to play.

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

If all these women were turning him down why would he keep going the same route for "company". Makes me suspicious. The sexual assault claim seems to be the most worrisome. Not saying he is innocent, just something doesn't seem kosher to me.

cmoak1982 and charlieaustin like this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

it's very likely this just ends up costing deshaun a LOT of social capital and a decent chunk of change (between suspensions/fines and/or legal fees)

cmoak1982, jiggyfly and Sooty like this.
  7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine signing a long term contract worth millions and a few months later trying to force yourself to be traded only to be undone by a deadbeat lawyer and massages - slippery situation indeed

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Legal fees happen. James Harden paid lots of legal fees when he was here too. I just don't think Watson will get suspended by the NFL without evidence that could lead to criminal charges. I'd be willing to bet on it.

No criminal charges = no NFL suspension.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's an odd way of saying "serial abuse of women becoming public knowledge"

Nook and msn like this.
  10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

"Watson then proceeded to wrap his legs around Plaintiff's neck and told her to kiss him and spit on his pen!s"

TROUBLESOME

11. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Question, I assume there isn’t a statute of limitations on sexual assault. Why aren’t these women going to the police/DA instead of filing civil suits?

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He wouldn't. This has always been about Watson seeking shady masseuses. He may have ran in to some who have some boundaries but none of them are first time recipeints of being asked for a happy ending.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

because their method of employment isn't exactly legit either...

In the end, maybe they get paid, maybe they don't... its anonymous so they don't have anything to lose... and Watson ends up having some stuff attached to him that is pretty scandalous.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At some point, team Watson has to get out in front of this. They've said it was just one person looking for a money grab, and he has respect for women.

With each detailed affidavit being made public, his current stance is going to have to be altered... regardless of assault or no assault.

At least he has Rusty Hardin... I wonder if his other preferred destinations have a lawyer as good as him?

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

"...Watson demanded that plaintiff focus on his buttocks. Watson kept aggressively instructing plaintiff to "get in there." Watson told plaintiff specifically that he wanted her to touch his "butt crack" and his anus with her fingers. Plaintiff was confused because one does not work on the anus during a professional session..."

BigShasta likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They might talk to them, but they'd have no chance in criminal court against a multi-millionaire given the "beyond reasonable doubt" standard and the lack of hard evidence of his crimes.

There is a chance they can prove that the evidence shows that he's more likely to have committed these offenses than not, which is the standard for civil court, so that's where they are going.

When it's one person's word against another's.....and the assailant has millions of dollars to fight the case, there's next to no chance you'll get anywhere in criminal court which just means the victims would have to go through the whole humiliating process for nothing.

18. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

until it’s proven it’s only alleged - unfortunate that these ladies didn’t notfiy Watson that prostate stimulation was not included

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Buzbee is the one fronting the cost of these suits and he is way richer than watson. I am sure if we wins he will be taking his cut. Buzbee is not taking a 500 dollar case. 500 probably doesn't cover like 5 min consult with him.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In a court of law, sure......but, I find several of these claims to be credible. They are all from women he hired for the same thing, and the claims are all very similar. These aren't just random women making wild allegations.

I think a pattern of behavior can be established, Watson is a serial abuser of women.