1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

At first I was like this is all bs. But 12? Eek

I think there should be a law though that you have to report things criminally before you can file a civil lawsuit. Disregard any current issues with reporting laws — imagine that would be rectified in whatever legislation would fix the issue of being able to sue someone for criminal acts.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lets not using Cosby as an example (as you are correct because that's criminal cases) but lets look at Kevin Spacey or even Morgan Freeman.

Kevin Spacey had to face lawsuit and Netflix almost dropped him immediately, he is done for this career.

Morgan Freeman, no lawsuits at all, but where is he now other than couple very minor roles since.

If any of these lawsuits against Watson will stand, even with such sh'tty standard of the NFL, it will be hard to imagine he will have another 5-10 years of QB career in the NFL.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sports is a little different.... especially if you’re in your prime like Kobe, Rothlesberger.

Spacey/Freeman were also on the downswing of their careers and their transgressions were largely ignored for years before people started coming forward against them.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Since people like to watch dumpster fire and also like conspiracy theories,

what if some of these women were arranged by someone inside the Texans and both Watson, the Texans and those women knew from the get go all these were sex transactions?

So now the Mcnair is really upset, he just told his staff : I dont give a fork, no one can fork around me like that, I will take this guy down at all cost, even if I need to disclose some dirty laundries at the court. Lets pay these women (again) and find them a lawyer for these lawsuits?

Be honest, I don't think is is something new in this business or any others, somedays if someone will have evidences to prove the Packers did the same for Rogers or the Steelers had offered the same to big Ben, it wont surprise me a bit.

Maybe Watson is too young, he never expected the Texans will be so desperate to go this route at all.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope his settling would be terrible, pretty much an admission of guilt and would impact him having a job going forward.

He can do all of that and still not settle.

7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Watson will be just fine. Teams, fans, corporate sponsors have all forgiven way worse than what Watson is accused of doing. We have to see how things shake out in court but this won’t impact his career much either way in the long run. I’m not saying it’s right but it’s the way it is.

IBTL likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

All of this is deplorable behavior but I still don't see how it makes him civilly liable and I am sure this stuff is part of job for a female masseuse that works with men.

I don't think Watson is gonna look good coming out of this but I still have not seem anything to bring to court.

9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

And assuming the Texans is somehow behind all these or at least had disclosed some information, that further proved this relationship is over.

I totally believed the Texans will not trade Watson now for anything like less than multiple first round picks which basically no one will do in such situation, so they have basically drawn the line : report and play, or just retire.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, the Texans don’t have anything to do with Watson sexually harassing women.
    So delusional

TheFreak and deb4rockets like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Bill Cosby and Weinstein actuall drugged and rapped people please tell us how this can be considered the same thing.

Try again.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why would Buzzbee throw that out there?

13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Throw what out there? That his QB coach referred him to a masseuse this month?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude propositioning women is not sexual abuse.

Not saying he is not a POS but its not sexual abuse and you claiming that belittles actual sexual abuse.

Sexual abuse is an actual crime do you think a court would convict on this?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's accused of sexual assault or sexual harassment by 12 different masseuses already with at least10 more likely to come.... sounds a lot like he's a sexual predator just like the other 2.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Although it’s entirely possible that each of Buzbee’s clients were assaulted by Watson, it’s also possible that Buzbee is engaging in questionable tactics to pressure Watson to settle or to otherwise make Watson look bad. Clearly, the contention that the Houston Police have contacted Buzbee regarding the cases creates the impression that criminal charges could be pursued.

The Houston Police either contacted Buzbee or the Houston Police didn’t. If that contact wasn’t made but Buzbee claims it was, this calls Buzbee’s personal integrity into question.

Again, it’s possible that all of Buzbee’s clients were assaulted and that he’s engaging in unfair or improper tactics.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ct-with-tony-buzbee-regarding-deshaun-watson/

NotInMyHouse and jiggyfly like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Did you see what I responded to?

Buzzbee is trying to tie the Texans to this case.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He is accused of sexual assault by 1 person lets get it straight, Not saying the guy is good dude but stop lumping him in with those 2.

This is why nobody takes you seriously.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Where did he try to tie them to the case?
    I’m sure he will try to go after the league like @Nook has hinted at.