1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Easterby and McNair getting dirty with their new pal Caserio. I expect this crap from the Texans, they're such a trash organization.

REEKO_HTOWN and JamesC like this.
  2. Dash

Dash Member

Is there anyway we can finesse getting back CB Xavien Howard in a package for Deshaun?

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not sure what would be considered more bizarre: A team orchestrating a character hit piece, in conjunction with a lawyer-friend.... or a fan base that would immediately recognize said team orchestrating such a scenario.

For the sake of nothing better to do right now... lets say the Texans are ultimately driving the ship here. Has this ever happened in professional sports? A team using allegations/lawsuits to ultimately try and make a player so vilified that he has to resort to image rehab, which may very well have him change course from his current stance?

Honestly, as it was, the longer this stalemate played out (and the less leaks coming from bible country) he wasn’t actually gaining favor with the fans... and his image ultimately would take a hit if he decided to sit out a year (let alone if Tyrod came in and performed respectably).

Interesting to say the least... and this story is now back in the A gap.

JayGoogle and Nook like this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

The McNairs rush in to save the day and come to the defense of their QB. What better way to make yourself a hero than creating the villain. The ultimate wing man.

UTSA2step, REEKO_HTOWN, Sooty and 2 others like this.
  5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No way this is any more than a money grab.

If it is, there is far too much to lose.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It's beyond the realm of reasoning for a professional organization to be involved in something like this...but then again these are the Texans.

On one hand let's hope this is just Buzbee trying a money grab. On the hand, if the Texans are involved then that just drags the organization into unimaginable depths....BUT...this is literally the only thing I'd see that would force the league to get Cal to step down. Janice hands the reins to Cary to run things (even though it's been said he want's no parts of it) and then when Janice passes on, Cary sells the team. I can dream I guess.

Either way, hopefully DW4 can prove his innocence/his lawyer can show Buzbee and the masseuse are up to no good otherwise that's gonna be a bad look.

7. Fantasma Negro

Buzbee is so close to the McNairs he put up 10 billboards to get their attention to try and draft Johnny football and was ignored. Sounds like best friends lol. I don't think the McNairs set this up at all but it would be a good opportunity for the Texans to have his back. Cal should've made some big boy phone calls by now, unless Deshaun is guilty. I wonder if this is the real reason he wants out of town

UTSA2step, cmoak1982 and theDude like this.
  8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Watson's public relations team and agent is doing the same thing -- literally the very same thing -- to smear Easterby to advance his client's objectives. Create a villain, personalize the villain, get as much earned media as you can to push out the story until repetition makes people believe it without even questioning it anymore. This is how the PR game is played people. It's dirty. Not unlike politics.

9. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

So because he is holding out and asking for a trade you can see how he would be a rapist? Uh ok.

IBTL, Patience, RedIsen and 5 others like this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans are not going to attack their QB/Asset like this. Hurts his value either way. Busby has no connection to the Texans (he once claimed to live in Bob McNair’s neighborhood). Some of you need to have a reality check.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yeah this is going to really help the Texans. If the allegations are false and the Texans are behind it, this could backfire BIG TIME. The rumors that they are having people followed on their free time and now if they are behind a phony lawsuit against a player. No star will want to play here willingly. Watson’s agent could make this a league matter if he’s smart. This crap isn’t even about football anymore and that’s the sad part.

If it is false, then Watson should file a counter suit for defamation & go after her personal assets no matter how small. At the end of the day, I hope none of it is true.

Sooty, conquistador#11 and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that’s why I have a really hard time thinking they’re behind this at all.
    They don’t have the best image right now. Leaks and accusations are numerous around them. Them pushing something like this would be out and absolutely demolish their ownership ability. Would 100% be forced to sell.
    Just don’t see any value at all with them being behind it.

Sooty likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

Like one of the comments in the twitter post said. You can make an entire season of 30 for 30 with The Texans. F'ng bizarre, coincidentally starting April 2, 2019. Coincidence of course. Some people just have bad juju

Sooty and Jwise44 like this.
  14. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds a bit like "Hero Syndrome",
    The arsonist setting the house on fire, to rush in and rescue the people inside. Easterburry coming to save DeSaun with a pocket full of matches.

15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I believe it.

16. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Doubt the Texans started this as it only reduces trade value and reduced options

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This seems pretty shady.

but seems unlikely it’d be coming from the Texans as I’m not sure how that would help them.

the fact that there is a neighbor connection is relevant but to me likely only in the sense that this lawyer is therefor relatively in the loop (meaning up to date not insider info or anything) on Texans happenings and saw an opportunity.

my two cents

[mind you I think as with all things due process should happen and you never know ... but this just seems completely weird on all sides and therefor most likely just points to a money grab by a lawyer/masseuse that likely isn’t true and likely has no connection to the Texans/McNairs]

Sooty likes this.
  18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why are there massage parlor shenanigans where ever easterby goes ? Allegedly

19. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

How “Texans” would it be for Cal to release Deshaun based off of these ridiculous allegations, lose him for nothing, and Deshaun signs wherever he wants and the accusations get dropped? Literally makes me sick to think about because this is our football team in Houston

IBTL, DonnyMost, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Man, this is my nightmare

GradyMcTracy and conquistador#11 like this.