1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think between Cosby getting his convictions overturned and Watson completely getting away with it, the message to women is that if a famous and powerful man sexually assaults you, there's really nothing you can do about it. You'd be better off just laying back and trying to enjoy it. You simply don't matter enough for people to care what happens to you.

raining threes likes this.
  2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. raining threes

Actually I hope Trump doesn't get the GOP nomination.

I'm a DeSantis guy. I like how he handled the Covid in his state.

Tell me what do you think the POTUS has done right and are you enjoying inflation/gas prices?

#3483 raining threes, Mar 15, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  4. raining threes

I would love to be a fly on the wall during these depositions.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You do realize Biden has little control over inflation or gas prices. You do realize much of the causes of the inflation were seeded under Trump? Trump NEVER acted on the Supply Chain issues caused by the pandemic. It started with toilet paper and PPE and spread from there. Also, Trump did nothing when gas prices started to rise at end of his term. He was too busy trying to overthrow the government. Biden has his issues, but inflation started under Trump. Gas prices is mainly Russia’s invasion. You are starting to see a BIG correction in the oil markets. Oil is under $100 a barrel again. It will keep dropping. People taking their profits.

DeSantis will br exposed on the National scene.

6. Buck Turgidson

Both of you dumbasses shut the **** up pronto and go to the D&D.

Stay the **** out of here.

7. raining threes

I realize what people in the energy sector are saying and it's the green policies that are causing the issues.

To back to doing more drilling and that will fix the issues. Finishing the Keystone would allow 990 million barrels of oil immediately.

The greenies have us where we are today. We are getting what we voted for as a country and we deserve the pain we're going to be receiving over the next 3 years.

We went from a net exporter of oil to begging terrorist states to help supply us oil. Time to go back to the former energy policies.

What's DeSantis going to be exposed on?

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You are being lied to. The Oil industry stops drilling when the price oil drops below $75 or gas prices are close to $2 because it becomes less profitable. You can see it when the Rig Count in TX, OKC, LA, NM, other places drops and drillers “stack” rigs. There are plenty of places to drill in current leases. They want to drill in Federal land because it is cheaper and the oil is easier to get to (never been drilled). Keystone pipeline wont do ANYTHING for US Prices because that oil is for export. The US is already close to record production and it will not affect prices. OPEC increasing production will bring prices done. Oil is a global commodity and increasing US production when it is already at record levels will not change the prices enough.

The US is the #1 producer of Oil in the world? A NET exporter for 2020,2021 and expects to be in 2022. All you have to do is use Google. LOL

900 million? LOL…the claim number was 800,000 barrels a day. All for export, not for the domestic market. That was one the big lies that the Republicans were peddling. 1. Domestic market, 2. Thousand of permanent jobs, when was actually 150-200 permanent jobs.

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Lol I just left D&D and had to check if I was still in the cesspool thread for real

10. HardenVolumeOne

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

12. raining threes

It was actually 990 a day and I would like life to go back to what it was before Biden- Harris. You should too.

You can say I was lied too, but look where we have gone in the last yr under Harris-Biden. This goes for Afghanistan to the Ukraine (Thanks Hunter) abroad. To inflation to gas prices to setting the DOJ on parents at school board meetings etc...

Bottom line is 70% of Americans believe the country is headed in the wrong direction. What you're seeing is total utter incompetence and since the policies of this administration are directly opposite of the previous administration's they have to own what's going on here and abroad. I'm just glad that 70% agree with me and really wonder about who the other 30% are and what they're thinking. I get that you hate Trump, I dont care for his personality either. But I did like his policies and after a yr of war and upheaval it sure would be great to not kowtow to the industrial military complex and go back to things like they used to be.

I guess this is what you get when you elect a POTUS with dementia. Let the pain reign down on those who voted for the pain. I want to get back to talking sports, you can have the last word. I will let the results of the last year speak for themselves.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Wrong forum.

14. raining threes

I just responded.

I'm done with this topic.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Good thing Watson didn't have to go to prison. He might have got bent over one of those 800 or 990 million barrels, amirite?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watson says he deleted IG messages. I guess that's not something they could request from IG to be recovered, is it? I don't know if IG can even do that, or if they are even allowed to ask when it is just a civil trial and not criminal.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Yes, they can request all relevant electronic data in civil litigation and most certainly have. They can also request forensic examination of his phones, computers and other devices within limits of examination determined by a judge.

But my understanding. albeit a layman not a tech person, is that text messages and data on apps is notoriously difficult if not impossible to retrieve once deleted. It’s not on your phone and they have to attempt to go to the app provider, and even then it might not exist once deleted.

The other angle is they could argue and try to prove spoliation - that watson deleted stuff after he reasonably anticipated litigation, when under the law he had a duty to preserve data.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not very fluent in IG, but would the recipient not have a record of it even if the other person deletes it?

Sooty and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

i would assume so. They’d want watsons IG presumably for any comments he made to people other than the Plaintiffs.

theDude likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like he's a sexual stalker who had a lot to hide.