1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Oilers (a Houston professional football team) made it to back to back AFC championship games.

macho GRANDE and Astrodome like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

3. Buck Turgidson

That's 2-time AFL Champion Houston Oilers to you, buddy.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yeah...but he did specifically say AFC championship game, so I left out the AFL.

Buck Turgidson and macho GRANDE like this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This is proof of rape???? JFC this is actually representing the worst possible case among the accusers if you ask me.

She didnt want to do it, but she did. He DIDNT PAY HER. She kept taking his messages? Cmon man. Sounds like she's more mad about jacking him off and not getting paid - exposure to her business?? WHAT? She didnt even know who he was!

SMH.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  7. mightybosstone

The man ejaculated in her place of business after spending an entire massage session asking her to massage his ******* and groin. He went out of her way to make things as uncomfortable as possible for her, using his power as a professional athlete.

Watson is a piece of ****. I don't care whether he's found guilty of anything or settles and is given a second chance. I don't want him on this team representing this city. I hate that he's been in training camp at all.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  8. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm wondering if both lawyers are waiting to see how the women do during their depositions before they settle. Could be both are counting on them improving their position somewhat (Hardin hoping he can tear apart their story, Buzbee hoping they come off as believable and sympathetic). Which sucks because that means we've got at least another month+ of waiting on some resolution there. Despite the public posturing, I really do believe this gets settled eventually.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Why didnt the woman stop when she noticed red flags at requests for a smaller towel? Why not after the towel fell off and he's laying there naked? Why not after he requests an ahole massage? Why not after he rolls over with a raging boner? Can Deshaun ejaculate without any physical contact? She didnt mention that he masturbated on her. And after all that ... she still took another appointment from him. SMH.

You cant put 2 and 2 together on THIS instance? There will be plenty more cases to nitpick and hopefully for the accusers sake hold more substance than this video, but it seems she was pissed he didnt pay for the rub and tug and now she's going to shoot for the moon.

Its eye raising that you've reached a conclusion needing very little evidence. I have to believe the sworn affidavits will hold more merit than this. What I do know is that both the NFL and Houston Texans have more information than the general public and the man isnt on the exempt list and the team seems fine weathering a storm for financial gain/team flexibility down the road and most importantly the man is not in jail.

Watson will settle most of these cases out of court, but even if he somehow was able to prove that most/if not all of these accusers were working girls who were contracted for specific sexual appointments he would still be a pig right?

Pistol Pete likes this.
  10. mightybosstone

If it were just her case, we could nitpick it to death and allow for some doubt. It's not. It's dozens. There's clearly a pattern of misconduct here that goes beyond him acting inappropriately with a single masseuse. There's a certain point where I'm willing to give the athlete the benefit of the doubt and play the "innocent until proven guilty" game. We're way, way, way past it and have been for months. And given the nature of these cases, it seems unlikely he's ever going to be found guilty of anything regardless of the things he did.

I have to question the priorities and moral character of anyone still defending this man. Some things are more important than sports. Clearly Deshaun needs to learn that lesson, and it feels like a lot of Clutch Fans posters need to learn that, too. If he plays for the Texans moving forward, I will not be rooting for this football team. It will be just another in a long line of poor decisions by this franchise in its history. I can forgive incompetence and poor management; I can't forgive this.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If you like to judge people on hearsay then go ahead. I can see our conversation has ended - be well.

12. mightybosstone

What evidence would be enough for you to admit the man did something wrong? Is there a certain number of women who would need to come forward before you would believe their word over his? 100? 1,000? Do you need DNA evidence? Do you need him doing this on videotape with sound before you'd believe it? I don't need a guilty verdict to find Watson guilty in the court of public opinion given the sheer volume of women who've come forward. I don't want that man representing the city of Houston ever again, and if you really took a step back and took his skills as an athlete out of the equation, I doubt you would either.

We can agree to disagree, but it's telling to me that your entire argument hinges on "all you have is hearsay." That's a pretty thin argument, my friend. I've followed your posts for a long time on CF and PSD, and you're smarter than that.

13. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And the inmate thing was stupid criticism....

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Hearsay is a statement coming from a 3rd party. It's not when it's coming from the person it happened to.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I need more than accusations regardless of how many there are. I have faith in our legal system and the way it is supposed to work. Whats to stop some strange lady from accusing you or me of rape? How would you defend yourself? I have no idea what I would do especially knowing Im innocent other than to go broke fighting the legal fight.

Im not trying to change your mind my guy - you have a right to feel the way you do, but there has to be more than what was in that video. There has to be more than just a Salem witch trial. Paying prostitutes to jack you off and finger bang your butthole is gross and illegal, but it isnt rape.

Ive already moved past the point of Watson as a Texan, and I wish he would have been traded already or put on the exempt list. A self respecting team with the clean cut image of the Houston Texans should have just cut him and dealt with the losses with the same moral high ground - why havent they? The Patriots cut Antonio Brown for jacking off on his trainer - arent we trying to be like the Patriots? I think more fans that have this clear cut conclusion should hold the team to task more at the same time as they bury Watson.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Arent all these accusers validating each others experiences and thus the AMOUNT of accusers is what is mounting circumstantial evidence and hearsay against Watson - If this was "ONLY" one case does anything change? You are technically 'right' - but also know this that there are plenty of times when "hearsay" is admissible and only applicable during trial anyway. Im looking at this from the courtroom where these lawyers will duel. The court of public opinion has already tried and hung Watson, but thats not how our country works. If there were any direct evidence Watson would be in jail right? If there were was enough circumstantial evidence found within all the social media posts and conversations with these women he would have been arrested more than likely no? This will boil down to the testimonial evidence during the trials and whether these women have more than what the lady in the video had to make their case.

Lets get past the "Watson is scumbag" feeling that we all share and look at this logically since it seems this team is only going to move on once they feel the return is justifiable. There are clues everywhere if people care to dig deep enough. We dont know all the information yet and it seems the team and NFL are treating this as no big deal - leaves me with more question marks.

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And I want to be clear - Im not defending Deshaun Watson so that you all cant stop thinking im some sort of felon who sympathizes with other criminals. Im trying to defend our system and wanting to believe and have faith that it will do what we expect such a bedrock of our society to do in these instances.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

In the eyes of the court, those are 20-something separate cases. Unless the accusers in those say something like "I heard that Deshaun did X to that person", then it's not hearsay. Yes, hearsay can be admissible in certain situations...but none of this is hearsay. These women are individually speaking on their own accounts with Watson. Just because the story repeats itself doesn't make it hearsay. The story repeats itself because apparently Watson has some issues.

There are criminal cases being investigated right now to see if he's done anything illegal. HPD has not said anything yet.

19. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Watson had been an undercover officer, she would have been cited for being unlicensed. Why is she telling him she's not licensed and then taking an appointment from him? How does Watson bring exposure no pun intended for her business when she's admittedly not licensed for that type of service. All she would be doing is trolling for more guys looking for extras from a non professional. No way that Watson is the only client that acted similarly with the exception of his ******* fetish.

STR8Thugg and Verbal Christ like this.
  20. mightybosstone

When it comes to sexual assault or domestic violence cases, the legal system regularly fails when it comes to high-profile men, including athletes. Unless the woman goes straight to authorities and has physical evidence to show, it's just a he said vs. she said. And even when there is evidence (Kobe), the case usually just ends up being settled. Look at our local guy in Osuna. He clearly beat on his wife, but she just fled the states rather than staying to testify and deal with the trial. Did the system work properly for her?

Also, while there are outlier instances of women accusing men of sexual assault, most studies have shown those to be generally be pretty low. One study from 2010 found false accusations in anywhere from 2%-10% of cases. But even if we account for a higher rate, what's the likelihood that two dozen-plus women all came together and said "let's try and ruin Deshaun Watson's life and get some money out of it?" Generally, the vast majority of women don't come forward with sexual assault accusations at all, because of the trauma and the backlash they know will come of it. Given Watson's popularity and squeaky clean image, these women who came forward must have known the huge negative attention it would bring them, and they did it anyway.

As for how I would defend myself in this situation, I wouldn't have DMed dozens of different masseuses for separate massages under shady circumstances in the first place. How far Deshaun did or didn't go in each of these cases, he put himself in the position to be accused. (But again, I'm far more included to believe that many women over a single person, regardless of his prior reputation.)

There is. There's 20+ other women claiming the same kind of circumstances. That's my point.

If he exposed himself multiple times to different women unsolicited, touched them with his penis unsolicited or did any of the even more mild stuff mentioned by some of these accusers, that's not OK. It may not be what some would consider to be full-on "rape," but it's a sexual assault of another kind nontheless. Also, weren't there accusations of forced oral sex at some point? (I've lost track of the cases at this point; I really just want this damn thing to be over and done with.)

This point is totally fair. I honestly would be 100% supportive of cutting Watson or trading him to the highest bidder right now, regardless of the package returned. I think the organization would be better off in the long run just cutting ties with him altogether and starting from scratch with a new front office and a different core of players. I get why they haven't. They have an asset, and they want to maximize their return for that asset. But it goes back to what I've said from the beginning of this thing; some things are just more important than football. The timing of this whole thing sucks for the Texans, but they can't control the timing or what happens with Deshaun's stuff off the field anymore. They can only control how they react to it.

Anyways, I've said what I need to on the Deshaun stuff. Every once in a while I peak my head back into this thread and need to vent about it for a bit. I'm just sick of seeing his name associated with Houston. I'd love for him to be gone.