1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. raining threes

Who are these fans?

Stay far far away from people who support a perv. Atleast that's what I was taught.

2. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

He'll definitely be able to go on with his life. I don't know when, but he will. He's likely going to settle, then be traded, probably face a suspension (no more than a year but probably not that much), and then start balling out for a new team. People will clown him, he'll face scrutiny, and he'll likely never have the same social media presence, this leaves a nasty stain, but from a football perspective he'll absolutely be able to move forward.

Antonio Brown played in a SB last year while under multiple civil lawsuits. He's still fighting those I believe. Obviously the Deshaun situation is a big deal, but it's not like he's going to be banned from the league and forced to retire.

3. STR8Thugg

I don't think so. From a technical standpoint it doesn't sound like it. They're claiming he "forced oral sex" bc they felt pressured into it. More like coercion. Which, if true from a black and white standpoint is still awful, but I don't believe it's rape. And rape has no place in the civil courtroom anyway, so if they are truly trying to accuse rape that charge would have to come from HPD. Anyway, my understanding from that is that Busby and his team are trying to argue that Deshaun caused intentional infliction of emotional distress. If they can't establish that, then there is less grounds for a case, and those kinds of cases require EXTREME examples of emotional distress to hold up in court → one accuser talking about defecating herself, etc. that would apply.

Now, obviously all of this could be true to the last detail, just looking at it from a civil/legal standpoint.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Any NFL fanbase will root for him if he leads their team to wins. You new to this sports thing?

B-Bob likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why are you leaving out the economics?

Antonio Brown was signed for the minimum and that wasonly because Brady signed of on it and oh yeah Brown still does not have a job and his issues where not like what Watson is accused of.

Nobody said he was gonna be banned or forced to retire we are talking about him giving up guaranteed money and never being able to recoup that money the same way Brown has not been able to get that money back.

The QB is the face of the franchise and that means something.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't have an opinion on the rape but that does not take away from the fact that he has been accused of it and the accusation is stronger than coercion.

Which is why him settling would be construed as a rape settlement.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Wait so which is it?

Yes Caserio was a Cal/Easterby hire and that is part of the problem. Remember that Cal publicly said that Easterby was not going to be part of the search, electing to involve DW4, hiring Korn-Ferry, and handpicking a "search committee." So to me it’s understandable that folks that were a part of it were pissed about how it went down (i.e. Easterby reportedly going to Cal's house and talking him out of hiring Kahn).

With regards to running from the allegations, sorry but it just doesn't make any sense. For instance, why would DW4 care who they hired if dude is trying to escape town? And as stated earlier, moving to another state does not offer him any type of protection or limit his liability in any way. No idea what lawyer told you that and hopefully you are not using that information as basis for your theory. But even if he thought it did, he doesn't need to request and wait for a trade to do so. A ton of professional athletes do not live in the city they play for. It was also the offseason so he could have packed his bags and moved anywhere in the country the next day if he wanted. Instead he was just vacationing around, positing cryptic music lyrics on IG, and actually waited a few weeks before officially requesting a trade. Not really the mannerisms of someone trying to run from sexual misconduct allegations.

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

Dick move by Watson to **** on the Texans and have his agent get the talking heads to **** on the Texans when the whole time Cal has been trying to ****ing help him. Hope they trade him soon

raining threes likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I partially agree, Watson has made it abundantly clear over the past several months that he's an absolute scumbag with no loyalty to anyone or anything. He'd throw his own mother under the bus without a second thought if he believed it would help him even a little bit.

That said, a trade is what he wants and IMO it's not in the team's best interest. Force him to stick around and play or hold out and not get paid. If he shows up for work and plays well enough to rebound his value sufficiently, trade him then. If not, ride it out with him either sitting out and not getting paid or him playing like crap and forever destroying his career while slowly rebuilding the team though the draft. Once he's been sufficiently replaced, then dump him.

10. gucci888

Not defending Watson but don't think he nor has camp has said anything about the Texans since the lawsuits became public. But Cal offering to help broker a settlement is the first competent thing he has done, this would've helped the organization more than anything else really.

11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A minority of people may consider settling out of court as the same thing as a conviction. Most people understand that if there were concrete evidence of rape, this would have gone to a criminal court. Even though there may not be enough evidence to get a criminal conviction, or even a civil conviction, the amount of time it would take to go to trial on 22 cases and the amount of money it would cost to go to trial, is a large incentive for settling. With that kind of distraction hanging over him, NFL teams would be hesitant to invest heavily, but not if he settles. Settling may hurt his endorsements, but it’s not going to make much of a dent in his NFL contracts. Those endorsements are likely not coming back even if he were to go to trial and win all of those cases.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

A minority of people?

It's about 50/50 that believe Kobe raped the girl and that was 15 years ago.

How will it not make a dent in his NFL contracts you got a guy who settled rape allegations and you think NFL are gonna be giving him the going rate?

You act like by settling this these things are gonna vanish from the public consciousness and with the advent of cancel culture you are gonna have a huge groundswell of people taking shots at any team that signs him.

How does that not put a dent in his NFL contract?

I really don't understand why think settling solves much, people will be talking about this and writing about this for several years.

cmoak1982 and raining threes like this.
  14. raining threes

It can be both

Fact is Bob/Cal McNair were chasing hiring Caserio for atleast 18 months before he was hired. The Kahn stuff was BS from the beginning and Cal went against the Korn-Ferry advice. I wouldn't put it past Hughes to put the Kahn story out there to save face.

Watson isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. It is a mannerism of a Psychopath that thinks not only that he did nothing wrong, but that he's above the law.

15. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s 50/50 because it actually went to trial and people heard the testimony. Kobe was able to get top money afterward and was a beloved figure at the time of his death. Some things have changed since then, but I think we are just going to have to wait and see how much the settlement affects Deshaun’s future contracts. I happen to think it won’t be much.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

No that's not why its 50/50 I did not even remember that it went to trial.

You are all over the place Kobe is beloved mostly by Lakers fans and he is a rapist by 50% of the people by your own account.

If 50% of the public thinks Watson is a predator in the me too and cancel culture age there is no way he is getting a contract commensurate with Franchise QB's.

You are just ignoring a lot of facts in 20/21 and you still have not given a reason why him settling will make all of this go away, just because?

You don't think the media is know writing stories or making shows about this?

Just look at what SI is doing, do you think that stops because of a settlement?

It just makes no sense.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. STR8Thugg

He's not going to be forced to give up money unless he holds out. Even then, if he's put on the exempt list he'll get paid regardless. He'll eventually get traded and his new team will take on that contract. It's not getting ripped up.

Unless Deshaun goes to jail, which I don't see happening, he's going to get paid his contract and play football for another team.

18. STR8Thugg

[​IMG]

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

And Kobe didn’t suffer a bit financially or with future endorsement contracts. Of course he was in LA where rape by the rich is largely accepted or hidden by the media (Weinstein).

20. gucci888