1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It’s a shame he’s not wanting to represent Houston against the golden boy

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even if he wanted to, he is probably facing league discipline for his actions. I doubt he'd be able to no matter what

raining threes likes this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Who are you telling Bobby

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the Eagles trade for Watson and keep Hurts, that tandem should be coined Butt Hurts,

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if this is just more grandstanding by Buzbee, or a signal that the league is going to be looking to protect Watson. Certainly their product is better with him on the field, but if it goes to court and a lot of cringy detais come out that the NFL decided to ignore, they could get some seriously bad PR. And Buzbee is certainly not shy at using social media to point the finger at whoever he wants.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And that would leave the league open to litigation, which I think is the ultimate goal for Buzbee.

8. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Buzbee has done nothing but grandstand the entire time. I think NFL wants to protect their own image. Without solid evidence of wrongdoing by Watson, the league doesn't want to open the flood gates to having to police other potential shady **** their employees are involved in.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Exactly. Buzzbee is just trying to keep the story relevant. To me, this is a huge sign of weakness. Trying to leverage the league into helping his case by playing to their sensitivity of domestic/female abuse.

jiggyfly and Pistol Pete like this.
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

11. likestohypeguy

Yeah Friel was probably asking them pointed and specific questions about details of their claims. Rude!

Htown Legend and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Member of legal team suing Deshaun Watson reached out to discuss 'working things out'

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...aun-watson-reached-discuss-working-things-out

HOUSTON -- A member of the team representing the women suing Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson recently reached out to Watson's legal team to discuss the case, according to text messages and a recording reviewed by ESPN.

In a statement released Thursday afternoon, Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, suggested Tony Buzbee, the attorney for the 22 women who have filed civil lawsuits against Watson, has attempted to settle the case on several occasions.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man either Buzbee does not run a tight ship or he is really not good at this type of a case.

I have not been impressed with Buzzbee at all during this entire thing and still wonder what was his motivation for getting involved in this case, is it just fame?

Because it does not seem he needs the money and he never had much of a chance to go after the NFL.

14. HardenVolumeOne

just like buzzbee going after mayor sylvester turner with another fabricated story in the runoff to try and become mayor, me thinks buzzbee hates or has an issue with hetero black men in positions of power in htown. Not trying to play the race card( but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck)

JamesC likes this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't really think it's about race but I could see him feeling some kind of way because Watson was flexing by demanding a trade and wanted to put him in his place.

(Hired Help)

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Buzbee obviously has realized he hasn't had much of a case. He's known this all along, which is why he was doing everything through the media. Trying to get money for his clients, and thus himself.

Unfortunately for him, Hardin is not dumb and knew this too. Hardin wants to drag it out until Buzbee has to admit defeat. More resources used, the better.

17. Buck Turgidson

It's almost like someone said this about Buzbee 3+ months ago.

I still have no idea what the facts are, or who Watson is as a person (I have serious doubts, and this has changed my opinion of him forever), or what will happen, but from what I know now, this is all too predictable.

The answer to your Buzbee question "Why?" is ego.

He's a trial lawyer, it's always ego.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have been saying this about Buzbee since he started trying the case through twitter but a lot of people kept saying he was a great lawyer and he knew what he was doing.

I can't see it.

19. H.D.

H.D. Member

Hopefully Hardin located the armed bodyguard of the lady who claimed she sucked DW's d*** because she was afraid he would hurt her.