1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even if that's true, I don't see how it would be relevant. If anything, you'd think that would make them even less likely to come forward and report the abuse for fear it would lead to the end of their businesses and possible charges against them, no?

No, and I find it ridiculous if that's what you took from that statement....though it is in character for you.

The sheer number means nothing if there is no credibility to their claims. The fact that they have verifiable connections to Watson, that their stories are all very similar, that Watson himself confirmed sexual contact with the women, the fact that Watson attempted to destroy evidence of contact with the women.....all of those things factor in. It's not just a number game.

We have all manner of knuckle draggers on this board that accuse basically everyone of racism, but they have no credibility whatsoever. It's in no way a similar situation and I have faith that even you can figure that out.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"Probably" was an auto-correct, the word I intended to use was "provably". The women were all provably hired by Watson, and 22 of the women who are going after him along with some who are not going after him all have similar stories.

The fact that there is an established connection with Watson for ALL of them, that they all describe similar behavior, that Watson acknowledges sexual contact, that Watson attempted to destroy evidence....all of this adds credibility to the stories the victims are telling.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you know all 22 women were provably hired by Watson and are these the only 22 women hired by him?

So if he provably hired 40 women and the others say he did nothing wrong how does that affect the credibility of the others?

It's very telling that you have ignored the contradictions in some of these women stories and still say they are credible.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Never mind kid. You literally argue for the sake of arguing. You aren’t good at it either.

And yes, you are picking a side. You’ve been very clear you’re ok with potential sexual assault. Your wife must be so happy, angry and ok with sexual assault. Sad

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, all 22 women were provably hired by Watson, no they aren't the only 22 he hired. We know this because there are other women he hired and abused who are not pressing charges and a different group of women he hired that he didn't abuse or that he compensated enough to not care what he did to them.

Go ahead and keep your head buried in the sand on this one if you want, there were plenty of people who went decades embarrassing themselves by saying OJ was innocent due to a certain bias. It won't be anything new or terribly unexpected.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Watson hiring that many women, and getting that many massages from non-licensed/non-team-employed personnel (during a pandemic, no less) is suspect in/of itself... before worrying about if he may or may not have done anything illegal (some of which he's already admitted to, namely having intercourse).

cmoak1982 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, that's something I left out. It's inherently shady as hell to be trolling for unlicensed, inexperienced people he doesn't know on IG and even worse to be doing so during a pandemic. When you are acting shady and using the favorite defense of date rapists (they wanted it), not many will believe you.

That said, I just don't think there's anything that would defend a certain type of Watson fan. It would take some kind of extreme Chappelle's Show type situation, and even then they might not.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

Is Rich Eisen really this daft

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I guess you missed it but I have been saying that for 3 weeks now.

What's your point?

Can't anybody not take a side in this?

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Thanks for showing your agenda this entire time, like Is aid I knew you were trying paint me as teamWatson.

Show one time were I have said I am ok with potential sexual assault or that I am ok with what Watson is doing by reaching out to these women.

If you can I will stop posting for a month if you can't you do the same.

Bet?

This is what is wrong with our country everybody has got to pick a side and then hate the other side.

You think you would stop trying me because you always get up in your feelings, son.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What side are you taking? That you think this behavior is condoned?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When you hear about 22 credible sexual abuse allegations, you are either supporting them, or you are supporting their assailant. There's really no middle ground.

If the allegations had no basis with little to no corroboration, that would change things. Then there would be some middle ground. That's not the case here.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Would be nice if you had read the thread.

it's amazing that you asked me what side I am on as if you have to choose a side.

I have been saying his behavior is stupid and pervy and his reputation is ruined but I don't know if his behavior rises to sexual assault.

I don't have a side I don't really care either way if he actually assaulted someone lock his ass up but I don't believe everything that Buzzbee is putting out there.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I’m not saying you have to choose a side.... but you routinely seem to be one sided in your posts.

And if you believe that he could be with this many women, consistently trolling internet for specific types, admitting he had intercourse with some of them.... and you don’t think that he possibly did cross the line on at least one occasion... I’m not sure what side that is, but it certainly would be odd.

Regardless of whether or not assault was committed, Watson likely needs a lot of professional help. If he eventually settles or they’re able to muddy up testimony enough, and he never has a moment where he admits or validates the “problem”, he’s going to have another slip-up... or 2... or 22.

#2555 Nick, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The fact you think my posts are one sided shows that you think I need to choose a side.

Maybe it's your bias that looks at my post as one sided.;)

I have stated my position plenty of times but for some reason I have to condone sexual assault.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No... but the fact that you feel its not possible is strange. Crossing the line includes exposing yourself unprompted and placing another person’s hands in said area, unprompted.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. raining threes

Like I care what you think.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

No you’re just hypocritical. You ask for proof of credibility but then question every allegation to an extreme.
    That is an obvious side. You don’t question Watsons behavior, you in fact defend it constantly. You didn’t even know that what he was doing is by law, sexual assault.
    Keep up the misogyny.

Anyway I’m over it, I don’t have an agenda. You don’t matter enough to bet on anything, unless you want to meet in person to place a bet. Real money, not some bullshit internet “gotcha”.

I asked a simple question and instead of answering, you looked for a deeper meaning.

You are non stop arguing with any and every poster to try and prove some random point. You are like YOLO in the GARM. Should be embarrassed honestly.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude what are you talking about?

I never said its not possible.

Really WTF is up with you all, why the hell do you keep trying to twist my words.

I also said I thought he has crossed lines.

What are you missing?