1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tonight Proved..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Dec 25, 2015.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

1. That we are capable of really good defense. A lot of it was Spurs missing shots in the first half but dang, the defense really picked up in the 4th quarter. Now that the Rockets have shown this attention and hustle on defense, we should expect no less of them from now on. They have no excuses now that they have shown that they can be a great defensive team.

2. I love Ariza! Dude was everywhere, chasing and deny Leonard the ball. He always does what is asked of him, no questions. Love his heart and tenacity out there.

3. Lawson is getting there. 1st half he was really good and I don't know why JB didn't go back to him when the Spurs where limiting Harden and the Rockets were stalling offensively. If he can take positive steps every game, no trade will be necessary.

4. Brewer is trash. I was skeptical of him when we gave him the contract but never thought it would be this bad. He has been atrocious, especially tonight. I was cringing and crying for mercy every time he was on the floor.

5. JB's rotations are pretty bad. Already touched on Lawson, but little Dmo, no Thornton? Terry worked out very well but Dmo should have been in when they were hacking Capela and Thornton should have been gifted Brewer's minutes for Christmas.

6. This is a great win, probably the best of the season. This team is slowly coming together and showing its true potential. I hope this is the true turning point for this season. No more poor efforts and dumb plays. This is my Christmas wish.

2 people like this.
  2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

7. Harden can be a leader. He never gave up tonight.

Also agree on Ariza, I don't think he's been too flash this season but tonight he was excellent on Leonard.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Santa clause wears red

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Great thread. I thought dmo should have seen more mints not sure if he still out of shape or not but he only got like 7 mnts. Lawson should have seen more mints also it's like he gives more mints when he's doing pretty bad, weird

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Tonight proved that most nights the Rockets are a lazy lazy team.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

tonight proved the demise of the rockets wont be the contenders, but the lottery teams. got swept by the fkn nets and nuggets, thats 5 losses there. could've won 3 of them, have a 19-12 record

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dont forget we almost lost the sixers

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

When you can't enjoy a big win for your team...maybe you should stop following them.

9. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Rockets can beat anybody but the Warriors when they try...so why don't they?

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

We can beat the Warriors if we play defense like tonight.

11. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Also, as someone else wrote above: No Demo, no Thorton?!? What gives?

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tomorrow night is where the proof will be learned.....have they turned a corner or do they just get up for the challenging games?

DD

13. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

No tonight proved Spurs had an off night.

Rockets got the win as predicted but that amazing D we played won't be there for the next games to come so get ready for the upsets

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking DMo has to be having problems with his back. I accept that JBB is a bad coach who sucks at rotations, but DMo has only had one shift that happens in the 2nd quarter in the last 2 games, no way JBB is THAT inept.

15. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Offense is fun to watch...defense wins championships. 10-2 starting the twin towers.

16. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

No, we played good defense tonight

17. krouchchocolate

Good D like how the rockets played tonight will make any team have a off night. I hate how people say good teams have a off night when our defense is very capable of making teams do that.

What about the other night when we played good D against the clippers? They had like 30% fg that game.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This pretty much sums it up.

No we can't.

19. jogo

jogo Member

...that some people will complain whether we win or lose.

20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

We played great defense tonight. Go eat some pie and get fatter you Debbie downer