1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tonight: Gigantour with MEGADETH

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Anybody else going? At the Verizon here in just a few hours.

I can't wait. Easily one of my favorite bands. Ever.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Holy Wars....The Punishment Due:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YczYC2yHTM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YczYC2yHTM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sweating Bullets:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PRJ99wuV1ng&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PRJ99wuV1ng&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

tickets still available? i really want to go. but i splurged on Iron maiden tix next month.

i'd rather get them from the box office...screw paying $10 convenience fee to ticketmaster. :mad:

3. Lynus302

Man, I have no idea. I bought my tickets the second they were released. Yeah, I paid all the extra fees and whatnot. Whatever. This show is gonna kill.

And I'm gonna try to get to Maiden next month. I might have to hit you up for someone to hang out with as I don't know anyone into them!

Are tickets still available for Maiden? That's at the Woodlands, right?

4. macalu

yea, maiden is at teh woodlands. i think only lawn tix are available. i've got tix close to the stage. we definitely can meet up beforehand if you go.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, I had plans to make it to this concert as recently as yesterday...but funds didn't allow for it. :( Looking at set lists from previous concerts (in Denver mainly) it seems as though they are playing mostly from the pre-Countdown albums.

I had no idea they had a new guitarist. Actually, I had no idea until about a month ago that they had released a studio album since The System Has Failed.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Man, I wish they were coming to Austin.

:mad:

7. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I love Megadeth, and I would love to have gone to this show, but I didn't want to sit through several second rate thrash bands in order to see the band I really want to see (Megadeth). And I didn't feel like going late and trying to miss those bands and guessing what time Megadeth would hit the stage.

8. Lynus302

Eh. I'm always willing to check out new bands. High on Fire is supposed to be pretty good from what I've heard. At any rate, if Megadeth'll tour with them, they're probably okay with me.

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Who with who?

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

High on Fire is stoner metal. Like what Motorhead might sound like if Lemmy preferred weed to speed.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you did??

awesome!

See ya there.

If ya wanna come by and say hi, we should be dead center bottom on the lawn.

I would love to see Megadeth again, but my tix budget is tapped after getting me and the girl tix for Rush and Maiden.

now Lynus.,..I KNOW we gotta hang for this one.

Do it!!!

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Ha! I was coming here to start this thread. With the hangout so full of Nickelback lovers, I didnt figure anyone here would be Megadeth fans. My favorite Metal band of all time. It was a killer show. I didnt get there until the middle of In Flames set. Worth every penny. Dave can still bring it like you wont believe. The new guys were pretty damned good, too. He did play about five songs off the new album since it was a tour in support of it, but the new albums shreds, so it was all good.

My highlight of the show was Peace Sells followed with an encore of Holy Wars...F'n Metal!

Megadeth has kept it real, unlike another metal band that I cant recall the name of right now...

Metalli-Who?

:cool:

13. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Raven, do yourself a favor and go get United Abominations (the new album). It is like the missing link between Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction.

[​IMG]

14. RocketsPimp

Agreed. I haven't liked anything from them since Youthanasia (sp?). United Abominations kicks ass!

15. macalu

really? you didn't enjoy The System Has Failed? I thought that was a strong album.

16. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Isn't Megadeth now just Mustaine and a bunch of hired guns? Are there any other original members in the band?

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

System Has Failed is terrific as well. Very strong. I do like United Abominations more, but I spin System Has Failed quite regularly...

18. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

As much as I liked Marty Friedman (until he decided to do opera music or some *****), Dave is the only one that really matters to me.

19. RocketsPimp

I'll have to give it some more listening time then. Usually if something doesn't catch my ear the first or second listen, I'm done.

20. Lynus302

Okay, wow. Effing WOW. What a show.

Mustaine has, indeed, kept it real. That dude is the heart and soul of Megadeth, and the 'hired guns' killed as well. I'd love to see a return of Marty Friedman, but I have no complaints at all. Absolutely zero.

As for the other bands:
    High on Fire -- missed them completely, so I can't tell you a damn thing.
    Job for a Cowboy -- Eh. The talent is there with them, I will say that. I think they may have pre-partied too hard or something....the band wasn't together at all.
    Children of Bodom -- These guys seriously rocked ass. I'd go see them again easily.
    In Flames -- Same as Bodom. Good band, good presence. I'd happily see them again as well.
    Megadeth -- What's to say about them that hasn't already been said? Dave has been thrashing solid for many, many years, and can still bring it with the best of them. One of my favorite metal bands ever. Hell, probably my absolute favorite.

R2K and Macalu -- what are the dates for that Maiden show again? I'm a lot more likely to go if I have folks to hang with!

Christ, I'm sore. Just like I ought to feel after a show like that.