1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tommy Mason Griffin anybody?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by T-Slack, Jun 22, 2010.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Before you people laugh, let me just say the Rockets need a emergency 3rd Pg, because of what happened to Lowery last season. In most mock drafts he's not even drafted and I read some articles that he made a bad decision in declaring. I must confess I never seen him play at OK, but the kid was a Mickey D's All American and his stats is only a little bit below John Wall's, but he's a better 3 point shooter then Wall. Instead of waiting til he get undrafted and then fighting with other teams to get himto sign, the Rox should try to get a low 40s to 50s draft pick and stash him away for a year or 2 in the D league. I would rather have him instead of the Will Conroy of the world. But I saw somewhere that the Rox worked out Nic Wise another Houston product. IF they decide to go with Wise running the summer league team it wouldn't be a wise move if you can get Griffin instead. He's really young and its not like he's 23 or something. He has upside and if we can get him in the lower 2nd round we should go for it

Stats

2. Egghead

Egghead Member

I don't think this TMG will be drafted, he should have stayed in school. Maybe he will get a summer league invite since he's from Houston.

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I'll doubt he'll sign with Houston cause we are already set there if he has a choice between other teams that need at least a back up point.

4. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

the Rockets could get him for a slice of pie.

5. cxwcxw

cxwcxw Contributing Member

Griffin won’t get drafted. He reminds me of Darius Washington Jr. Undersized scoring guard with limited playmaking skill. But with his shooting ability, he could get some offers in Europe.

6. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I'm shocked that he even declared. He was a good prospect coming out of high school but there is no way he should have declared for the draft. Who was advising him during this decision-making process?

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Darius Washington was undersized for a 2 guard.

Mason-Griffin is 5-10 on a good day. That plus attitude problems basically makes him undraftable.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Undraftable yes, but just the sort of FA, Summer League player, NBDL guy we are likely to sign. It's a good association with local Houston basketball for the team like we've seen them do before with Lucas.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

He and Gallon took benefits from OU, and awere going to be investigated.