1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Savage - Texans' fourth round (#135 overall) pick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Clutch, May 10, 2014.

?

Do you agree with this draft pick?

1. YES

185 vote(s)
    74.9%
  2. NO

62 vote(s)
    25.1%
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Whoever said anything about leading the Texans to glory?

Fitzpatrick is by far the better option at this point to start at QB. Keenum would be lucky and fortunate to have the career that Fitzpatrick has had to this point.

#161 rezdawg, May 10, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
  2. Fantasma Negro

I'd rather have Fitzgerald than FitzPatrick if he's that impressive

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

lol, I'd take a Fitzgerald too.

My bad. I edited the previous post to avoid confusion. Ooops.

4. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

He really has only 1 season attached to his name. A hit or miss player. He could turn out to be a flop and never play a full quarter in the NFL, or he could be starting in a year or two. His weaknesses can be worked out with some good coaching and practice. It's hard to completly judge him after being with what, 3 college teams? I'd love to see him starting by the end of the year.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Strong moment from <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a>' O'Brien. Asked about Savage's ceiling, O'Brien said he doesn't believe in &quot;ceilings&quot; because of oldest son, Jack</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronBrianSmith) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronBrianSmith/statuses/465287904646795264">May 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

LOL:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Stop asking me if the Texans drafted a p*rn star. Tom Savage is a QB from Pitt</p>&mdash; Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/statuses/465258300083150848">May 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

His release made me think of a poor man's Jay Cutler...If he can even come close to something like, he has a chance at being a serviceable QB... time will tell

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Savage can throw a ball over 30 yds and can actually run for a first down. Instant upgrade.

9. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

What are you talking about? They aren't in the same conference and Pitt and Penn haven't played a game against each other since 2000. Why the f**k would O'Brien have wasted time scouting him?

10. Remii

Remii Member

So you mean he was the fastest rising quarterback to the 4th round:confused:

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

He has high upside and a checkered career that may be hiding his true potential. For those reasons, he's worth the risk of a 4th round pick.

There's a throw in one of his highlights where he launches it from his own 30 and the player catches it at the 10. I feel like a lot of the criticisms of his game are derived from the terrible offensive line he had at Pitt.

12. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I wish they got AJ instead.

Yes, I'm biased.

13. Remii

Remii Member

He's big, can sling it, and has some athleticism. The kid has some tools. Time for O'Brien to earn his money and prove there's not much separation between these quarterbacks.

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Thought he looks more like jeremy piven

[​IMG]

and lol at all you that are bringing drama over a mid round qb prospect .. dude has some potential to work with and that all you can ask for out of a late pick .. if he was the next great thing he'd have been gone ... Some fans are acting like this was our one and only shot at getting a franchise qb and now were doomed forever .. did any of you guys actually think we were gonna just plug in some great qb prospect and be instant contenders .. wouldn't shock me if every qb in this draft is either out of the league or holding clipboards in 5 years .

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There are 3 thing you simply cannot teach, intelligence, size and arm strength, and he possesses all 3 of those. He also seems to be a good leader, and unlike Schaub is willing to stand in the pocket and not fall into the fetal position.

His shortcomings are all correctable with coaching. Now there of course is no guarantee he does improve, but with a late 4th round pick it seems like an extremely good risk to take. We are committed to nothing with him.

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Dat name though.

And he'll have his fat boy Nix coming with him.

17. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

18. Summer Song Giver

Accuracy is the main concern. Can it be taught/learned or is it, like arm strength a natural ability?

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

if we are rebuilding, i don't see the point in playing Fitz. See what you can get out of Case while you still have him.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Butter cream butter cream