1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Hanks does it again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, May 15, 2013.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your number 3 gets an F. The last 5 minutes of the movie was some of the most unbelievable acting, EVER...

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wait...you leave halfway through a movie and still grade it, and one of your reasons for giving the movie an F is because of a family sitting next to you? LOL

3. ILoveWhiteGirls

5 mins out of the 2 hrs that I had to sit through watching Paul Greengrass seasick steady camera work? I might as well read Captain Phillips book which this is based on.

I'll probably watch it again when it hits bluray and my opinion might change but again Paul Greengrass directed it so I doubt that the very least.

4. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Great acting..

Shows mundane activities on the ship too so you really feel that the captain is a regular guy and not some super captain

5. Poloshirtbandit

Saw the movie last night. Enjoyed it.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Isn't good acting supposed to be believable?

:p

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Not sure if posted. I am sure it is not surprising to most that the story might be exaggerated.

Crew members: ‘Captain Phillips’ is one big lie

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It is the reason I won't watch it. I do not view Captain Phillips as a hero. The heroes were the Navy Seal snipers.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Just watched this.

Turns out the directors forgot to insert the original ending in the film! No worries though, I found it:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hUPYoa43E7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>