1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tom Brady; Best QB ever?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by LCAhmed, Jan 14, 2013.

1. robrhodes

robrhodes Member

If your going to cheat you better not get caught. The tuck rule was also bs. Eli outclutched him in 2 sbs.

He is the most consistent performer regular and postseason, give him a prime Jerry Rice, they obliterate the record books. As the cards lie he has not earned that title.. too much controversy surrounding his wins, and he was outplayed in his losses.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

No, Belichick is the best schemer and cheater of all time.

Brady hasn't won a Super Bowl since Spygate.

Not enough inside info Bill?

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think about Tennessee winning a National Championship with Tee Martin
    Tee WHo???? Exactly!!

Rocket River

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would like to add .. . this era is different in that HERNANDEZ can push MANNING down
    then catch the ball for a 40 yrd reception

The Defenders nowadays have little defense against the receivers
    They cannot hit them too hard
    They cannot touch them at all
    and Even if the WR runs into them . . . they more than likely will be called for the PI
    than the receivers

Rocket River

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The only thing that separates Peyton Manning and Dan Marino is Peyton's rainbowl victory. To me he's the best QB ever, because he changed the game, and he made mediocre receivers and TEs look like world beaters.

But he's not the most clutch. That would have to be Elway, then Montana. So if we are ranking best overall players, and not just best QB my list is as follows...

1.) Elway
    2.) Montana
    3.) Manning
    4.) Brady
    5.) Marino
    6.) Steve Young
    7.) Staubach

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Brady had a great defense in the earlier part of his career and a great offense in the latter part, but he always had a consistently solid offensive line and continuity in scheme with the same coach his entire career.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Also as pointed out, it is dumb to compare QB ratings without using some sort of adjustment. Matt Schaub and Tony Romo are more highly rated than Marino and Elway.

8. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Tom Brady definitely belongs in the conversation.

Elway lost Super Bowls. Montana did not.

Belichick has to get "credit" on some levels. (Much like Bill Walsh...)

[​IMG]

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Elway lost Super Bowls in the 80s (badly), but Elway was also the sole reason they were even there to begin with.

Those Denver teams had nothing around him until Shannon Sharpe.

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

tied with Joe Montana as the best. Cant put Montana over Brady cuzz he had Jerry freakn Rice. . Will the Texans ever have an elite qb?:rolleyes:

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Arguably, yes ... without question, no.

In world where Dan Marino, Joe Montana, John Elway, Otto Graham, Roger Staubach, a maturing Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, and even Peyton Manning. It's a 4 year argument.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

in both new england losses they were in position to win. One loss took the greatest super bowl play ever by the realist manning. And you saw what he did with a true stud receiver

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I would still give the edge to Montana, but Brady is going to be very close.

The only reason that Manning has great numbers in his career, because he played against very bad division teams, first: Jaguars, and Texans first years, now: Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs.

but in the postseason he chokes against great teams.
    and in the superbowl he won, it was because he faced, one of the worst play by a starting QB in a superbowl (Rex Grossman) Peyton numbers are not great in that game.

Rodgers, last two playoffs, has lost in the divisional round (1 at home).

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think when it's all said and done...Brady will be the GOAT, but he's not there yet. I'd still put him behind Montana and Elway right now, but another ring or 2 and if he can keep getting crazy numbers with any receivers he's paired up with, I think that'll get him the top spot.

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

Wrong. That first superbowl loss against the giants was a fluke. David Tyree miracle catch, Eli Manning with a circus escape, and the NE defense let them down at the end of the game. Cannot pin that on Brady.

Look what Brady has done with mediocre receivers at best. Welker never found a home in Miami, Moss hasn't done anything since he left New England, Deion Branch was a superbowl MVP. Gronk and Aaron Hernandez are now probably the top 2 tight ends in the NFL. Tom Brady is the greatest Quarterback of all time and we are lucky to be able to watch him in our lifetime. Brady is the GOAT in my opinion and he's top 3 all time without any debate.

You want to talk about choking in the playoffs? How about Aaron Rodgers, a guy you say is better than Tom Brady. That kinda kills your credibility on the topic Moes.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I hate Tom Brady, the tuck rule ruined my life. I freely admit that. I hate him and I hate the Patriots and I will hate them until the day I die.

But first lets go through a couple of your points.

Tyree miracle catch? Please. It was like 30 yards downfield, he pinned it on his helmet, it wasn't like a 4th and 40 hail mary play or anything. The only reason it was "miraculous" was because Eli escaped the sack and actually made a clutch play (with some help).

Besides, that play didn't lose them the game, not rolling over a safety in time on Burress lost them that game. I was never so happy in my life after a Super Bowl then after that game. Those ********ers finally got a taste of karma.

What I will remember is Plaxico Burress calling his shot, saying they would win 20-17 and Tommy boy scoffed at Plax saying "We're only scoring 17?". The Giants D-line got after him all day, put him on the ground, and he couldn't put up points. He's just like Montana in that respect, his immobility and inability to evade a dominant pass rush means that without his all-pro offensive line, his career wouldn't be anything near what it is. Troy Aikman won 3 Super Bowls as well with the best line in the game. Where does he rank?

Bottom line is that his 16-0 season went down the tube. Arrogant prick. Go dance it up with your overrated **** of a wife in Brazil.

Welker was nothing in Miami because he was a 5 foot nothing punt returner in Miami. Belichick has an uncanny ability to pick out guys like him and turn them into studs.

Rodgers has a Super Bowl win, so I don't see how it is plausible to label him a choker.

Brady benefited greatly from arguably the greatest coach of our time, an always dominant offensive line, and a system.

Yes, thats right. I said SYSTEM.

How quickly you guys forget that Matt Cassell looked like a world beater in this system the year Brady was injured.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

FWIW, Cassel did throw 27 TDs to 7 ints, won 10 games and made the playoffs with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2010.

18. SacTown

SacTown Member

Fair Enough, but if you had 1 game to win and you could choose your QB in his prime are you saying you'd take Aaron Rodgers over Tom Brady?

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

That was a miracle play that saved the Giants in that playoff run. The catch and the escape by Manning.

Cassel was hardly a world beater in 2008, and he duplicated his game managing stats in 2007. That 2008 team looked a lot like the one Brady guided to 16-0 and threw 50 TDs to 8 INTs.

Of course Brady benefits from the system. Everybody is dependent on the system to some degree. Brady runs his picture perfect, even as the pieces around him have changed.

20. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

This. ZERO Superbowl wins post-videogate.