1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Toddler dragged into the water by an alligator at Disney

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HoustonTexas, Jun 15, 2016.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

why would they kill the gators? Revenge or something? I don't get what killing alligators will do.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

They have to split them open to look for the toddler. :(

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Call me a whiner if you like, doesn't make your comment less asinine. Grow the **** up.

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Not sure if serious, but I believe they are looking for remains inside the alligators?

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

oh, yep didn't think of that. :(

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Aside from killing them to find the remains, I mean... all the alligators they're killing are IN the resort, right? You definitely want all of those killed.

[​IMG]

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Our species is losing the primal instincts that kept our accent ancestors alive.

We are becoming so naive that we need others to tell us what is safe and what is not.

And we blame everyone else because we can't fathom taking responsibility for our shame

#87 REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'd suggest everyone to look at the Google Maps of the Grand Floridian Resort. That is a big body of water, connected to a bigger body of water. There's no alligator-proofing that.

Sadly, the wild alligators are being killed to find the boy's remains. Understandable, but I hope once they're found, any future alligators are merely relocated as best as possible.

9. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

To most apex predators, a two-year-old child is food. It certainly isn't the alligator's fault for doing what alligators do.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I did and I will. You are a whiner. Grow the **** up.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol what is going in this gif? One alligator tries to eat the meat that was tossed but ends up looking like my ****** cat trying to reach for a treat.

And the alligator at the bottom eats another alligator's arm.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

What if this is all a lie?

If they can't find the gator with a belly full of gator or God forbid body parts could this story be a made up one? What if the parents are covering up an accidental murder?

This is my tin foil hat talking though but you never know. People have done worse.

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Do go trumping now.

I believe there were other families and witnesses.

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Story seems plausible to me. I mean they found 4 gators. They are at Disney so any motive is almost washed out.

Looking at the landscape, and even being native to Florida for some time, I would not think that area to be at risk because the landscaping says to me tourist area. That is naïve. For sure. But so is the ocean. I think that most people would not have been thinking Gator in that situation. Until you see a gator, or a gator sign, or swamp, I would gander most folks that are not residential to the area would be aware of the dangers.

At night, even if the father was holding his hand, that Gator had all the advantages. He probably would have needed a flashlight to have seen it coming in time.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

ahh ok. Crazy stuff.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Except for the fact that there were numerous witnesses due to the event that was taking place merely feet from the scene. I guess it was outdoor movie night or something.

Parents murdering their own 2 year old toddler?!?... what the hell man??.

Its the freaking Everglades folks. If you've ever been around Disney properties before its basically built into a massive swamp. There are gators there and residents see them on a daily basis. Its shocking that these types of accidents don't happen more often especially in nearby residential areas such as Celebration, FL which has an alarming number of gators in the neighborhood walking trails, ponds etc. Think of the Woodlands but in the Everglades with gators everywhere.

I believe that area is also where this footage was shot-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td3QFMkkBnk

Yet folks here are blaming the family, and thinking murder conspiracy theory?!?!.... Its the freaking Everglades people. There are wild animals everywhere so you have to be careful, but its a miracle that this isn't more common in the area where so many people from all over the world with no wildlife experience are this close to prehistoric apex predators.

And the body hasn't been found yet because its an alligator. Its common knowledge that Gators.... (Spoiler for disturbing details) -

they will drown their victim by submerging them/rolling them over & laying on them, typically bury the body in rubbish for a few days because Gators prefer rotten meat, then eat in chunks.

If they did kill the Gators in the area for the most part (one of them believed to be the Gator in question) they might have saved the remains of the body so they can give him a burial.

Also Gators are pretty lazy animals for the most part so I doubt he would go far even to hunt. The body is likely close-by but buried and hidden.

The family secretly murdered their own toddler is sick to even think about although losing my child to a gator is still pretty damn frightening to think about. What a shame.

17. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Damn, that rolling alligator is disturbing!

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Also interesting, I just read, that Gators and Crocodiles can, and are often found climbing trees, almost anywhere you go you can find Gators in trees sunbathing. Woah! That I did not know. As high as 32 feet. So you can be hit from above too, and don't climb a tree to get away!

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So witty, and...great job with the whole typing the exact same thing I typed thing. You did great! You're still a tool, but in that particular instance...you did really well! :rolleyes:

Edit: Just saw Reeko's sig, yeah you're a piece of ****. I'm not going to bother replying to anything you have to say; ignored.

1 person likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Body found apparently per CNN.